+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Want to hear from anyone with less than 18months age gaps

Obviously it would be hectic but do you regret it? Was it planned or just happened that way?

Are Dh and I mad for even considering it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Ours are 15 months apart, a lovely suprise. It get's easier as they both get a bit older. I love watching how close they are to each other

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My two are 17 months apart. We started trying for #2 pretty much on the night she was conceived. We were expecting it to take a lot longer as #1 took 18 months.
    For me it was REALLY hard work. Especially as you couldn't rest when the baby was sleeping as you had to run after a toddler. From when #2 hit 1 year it got a lot better. She started coming to playgroup with us and playing with DS a lot more. I love having them close in age as they will be great playmates. If I had to do it again though I would have waited until DS was 3 and a bit more independent.
    Yoy are not crazy for comtemplating it. It is nice having them close in age. It is just hard work but once the second one hits a certaing age it gets a lot easier. You just have to tough out the first year.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pixiemum2 For This Useful Post:

Ruth15234  (14-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS1 and DD are 14 months apart.

It is a little hectic, but they often keep each other entertained and look after each other a lot.
    Wasn't planned that way, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

I say go for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess you deal with what you get dont you?

Mine was not unplanned but I had expected to take a while longer to conceive so I ended up with a 13 month age gap instead of a 18-24 month age gap.

I actually liked it for the first year, I found doing the baby stuff again very easy as It wasn't so long since I'd been through everything with number 1. DS was a good baby and DD still slept 2 times a day so I got a rest.

After DS was mobile it got really really hard as I had a nutso 2 yo who wanted to run everywhere, and a 1yo who was just starting to get into everything. I was very tired and stressed and got no support because no-one wanted to take my "extremely active" children for babysitting.

Now they are older and the little one speaks in sentences, is fully toilet trained and they play together and share I reckon the age gap is better. I'm not fussing with bottles, nappies, mushy food, my kids play together (they are never bored) and life is a bit less insane.

A Party of Five is offline Winner 2008 ÔŅĹ Most Boring Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OopsieDaisy View Post
    Ours are 15 months apart, a lovely suprise. It get's easier as they both get a bit older. I love watching how close they are to each other
    Same here

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2 little ones are only 4 days off being a year apart. Didnít planned it that way but was a wonderful surprise. Iíve loved every little moment with them and yes it can be abit of a challange from time to time but I wouldnít have it any other way. They are the bestest of buddies. They do every thing together and get into so much trouble together

Thanks
    Reviews
    14mth age gap....love it....although it really does get so much easier when the younest one turns 1.

TeamAwesome is offline No one's perfect, but everyone can be awesome.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a 17month gap between my first two and it has it's hard moments but it's well worth it and I certainly don't think you're completely insane for thinking and wondering that. In fact I kept telling people 'I could easily be pregnant from now' from the time DD2 was about 3mo. LOL everyone thought *I* was nuts. Of course having our largest gap now of 26-27ish months.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

My two boys are almost 18mths apart. Both my boys are IVF kids, so both were joyous surprises. Having said that .. it is hard. DS1 has just turned 2 and sometimes I feel like asking him who he is and what happened to my real son. DS2 is 7mths and teething.

I haven't slept properly in about 3 years now. I'm amazed that both boys (still in nappys) can poo within 15 minutes of each other. And DS2 should have been called vomitron ... but ... most days ... I wouldn't have it any other way.