+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Irregular gestational sac

I've had a bit of spotting so went for a scan today to confirm everything is still fine. Got a baby, a heartbeat (124 bpm!!), an "irregular" yolk sac and an "irregular" gestational sac. The yolk sac is an irregular shape, which didn't really concern the Dr, it was more the gestational sac that did. It was oversized and an irregular shape.

By my dates I'm 6w5d but the u/s dated bubs to be 6w1d, and the gestational sac dated at 7w6d. The Dr said she would be concerned if the heartbeat wasn't as strong as it is but given that is was healthy and the baby measured up to my dates she wasn't overly concerned.

However, now I am!! Has anyone experienced this or know of someone who had an irregular gestational sac?? Please tell me they carried to term and have happy healthy babies now I'm really confused as to what this means.

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    wow ive never heard of this, just want to wish you luck, as long as your doc isnt worried try not to be either.....perhaps you have a super model in there