+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey everyone,
    Quiet in here lately!
    I am missing lots of keys on my keyboard thanks to koby, so guessing and thumping at the sensors left behind.

Poor little man is sick again, on antibiotics for chest, eye drops too. Hopefully he'll be better by Friday.

No other news here except we got a new car but DH has it, a commodore international. From the little i've seen of it it's very nice! I have my little mazda back which i'm loving but can't fit pram in the boot so not sure what we'll do. Wold love to buy a 2nd hand 4wd with 7 seats and big boot.

Hope everyone is well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Sam, poor Koby, what a shocker. we have an old keyboard that we let Nick loose on (not plugged in) and I recently found one of the keys in the blocks box.

Julie, great to hear from you! How are you both feeling? any better? how's the day care search going?

Deb, how's Isaac? all better?

The kids and I all have colds too. It's really the season for it, isn't it. I get so irritable with Nick, and he's just constantly, going and talking and trying things out these days, and not really listening if I say no. it's not a good combination. Not quite sure why I tried indoor finger painting this morning...

I think we're going to NZ It all seemed too hard and bad timing for the wedding. So now I need to get DD passportphotos.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey sam, hope koby is all better. its enough to deal with a 2 year old without sickness thrown in!

fish, isaac is all better thanks. his cold hung around for a good 3 weeks though. i was over it! hope you are going well. iluka is so gorgeous (and of course nick as well)

we have MIL here this week so i'm taking it easy. its so nice having someone else here. maybe i should find a second husband?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

We are both full of colds here too. My sinus issues have set in again for the winter, and this time I'm determined to get on top of them and not let it linger on for months like it did last year. My ENT has prescribed me some strong antibiotics which I need to take for three weeks! I wasn't impressed but after waking up this morning with the most painful sinus I've had in a very long time, I decided I should give them a go. My ENT has also suggested i have my right ear operated on as my hearing in that ear is deterioting. I had the left ear done last year (if you remember - just after Blake was born) and the hearing in that ear is really good now. So now I have decided to focus on getting my health sorted for the next two months and then re visit the ttc after that. There is no way I want to do the ear operation again with a newborn. All the expressing and stress really didn't do my health any good at all.

Blake is now walking!!

We have found a child care place and have decided to start really slowly (once Blake is over his cold) and just start with half hour, then an hour, then perhaps build it up to two to three hours to start with. And then I'll use the time to work on DH's business and start attending some interviews with agencies etc. Blake's now down to one big nap between around 10.30 and 1.30 so I'm thinking of taking him after his nap and even before. And then once he's more settled we can think about him having a nap there.

Anyway, enough of my ramble!!

Deb - great news about your MIL staying. It's so nice to have someone else around isn't it. Makes having a shower etc a lot easier, and of course it's nice to have the company. Does Isaac get along with her?

Sam - poor Koby! Hope he's feeling better soon!! How's the family day care going? Great news about the new car!

Fish - great news about your trip to New Zealand. How exciting!! You are very brave doing indoor finger painting!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

MIL passed away late last week, the funeral was on Monday. We're all doing ok, tho FIL is naturally devastated. We all thought there were months yet, it came as a bit of a surprise. I was planning on spending more time with them over the holidays, i'm so disappointed with myself that i didn't go back earlier.

It was the day before Koby's b'day so we postponed his b'day and are having cake with some friends tomorrow.

Julie - that's great about Blake walking! He'll be running next week! I hope you get your sinuses sorted, that sounds very painful. Is the hearing related to that?

Fish - how exciting about your holiday! You'll have to ask Deb for some tips.

Deb - I hope you and isaac enjoy the visit with your MIL. A second husband? No, you need a wife! I used to say that when i worked full time.

Hi Shelle, hope you and Sach are well and escaping the winter colds. Did Sach's waking sort itself?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Sam, don't beat yourself up about not going back earlier. if you never plan for the future in life, it's very very hard. More to your family.

Are you making Koby's cake? is it going to be a special design?

Julie, sounds like a good plan to get your second ear done. I have not idea how I'd take time out to do something like that now with one breast fed and the other on ever ready batteries. Sinuses are horrible aren't they. I hope the antibiotics work quick smart and you get back to being healthy. Yey for walking Blake! No stopping him now... he'll be running, dancing and keeping you fit I hope the day care is a breeze.

Deb, yey for your MIL. I was wondering how you were going to take a holiday for a week It was so nice to see Isaac again. He's growing into such a beautiful boy, and so lovely and gentle too. good to hear he's back on his feet. The colds are strong this year aren't they. Nick's still not 100% after 2 weeks with this one.

We're going well. DH is taking another day off for paternity leave tomorrow (yey, the house might even get a bit of a clean ). And Nick is finally getting a bit easier to get down for his day sleep again after almost 2 months of hard work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Sam - I'm so sorry!! I agree with Fish - don't give yourself a hard time!!

The hearing isn't related to the sinus, although of course I'd like the sinus to be a lot better before I have the ear operation. The hearing loss is due to a condition I have called ottosclerosis, which causes a small bone in the inner ear to seize up, and is accelerated by pregnancy hormones. It is most common in females and is apparently hereditary, but I haven't heard of it in our family. Although I do remember a few elderly great aunts on Mum's side not having very good heraing.

Fish - I can't believe Iluka is three months already. The time has gone so quick. You must look back now and think having just the one was such a breeze huh? I sometimes wonder how I'll cope with a second. I am not expecting the child care to be easy at all - just hope that going slowly with it helps though.

Hi Deb and Fish!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam so sorry to hear about your MIL. i'm sure she loved your visits.

Jules, hopefully you can get all sorted so you can TTC when you are ready. with my thyroid trouble its so hard to try to fit in medication between bfing & being pregnant (luckily so far i haven't had to have any)... so i can imagine an operation would be really hard on you. yay for blake walking!

Fish, you are so kind. i think isaac will definitely be one of those gentle souls! (hopefully he won't get beaten up for it ) i guess there is always something to worry about with kids isn't there? Don't clean the house...just have a sleep!!

i feel like i haven't seen isaac for days...even though they are just playing in the backyard most of the time and i'm right there, just don't have the responsibility! i could get used to this life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Julie I'd never heard of that. Good thing they can do something about it. I can't imagine how hard it would be to look after kids with little hearing. Actually I'm finding having a second one not that much more work than one. They ease you into it of course because they just sleep soooo much at the beginning (I really had a feeling of looking at her and thinking is that ALL you do?) And now she is so peaceful most of the time that I really have to make myself give her a decent slice of time, and not just succumb to Nick's constant time demands.

Deb that must be bliss when you've been saying how clingy Isaac is at the moment. I worry about the picked on thing too. At least Isaac will be big enough to deter most of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    AAARRRGGGHHH!!!! blimen 2 year olds Sam please tell me they get over it! Stubborn seems to be a drastic understatement right now.