ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds wonderful Deb! I don't think Koby would let me leave just yet, he's very resistant to anyone else putting him to bed. Speaking of bed, his cot converts to a toddler bed so I think we'll just have to do that now since he can get out anyway. I'd rather he doesn't have so far to fall...

Corey stopped sleeping as well when he went into a big bed, I think it just happens with some of them.

Danielle had a job interview this afternoon and appears to have the job - she has induction next week. I wonder if she'll earn enough to pay for the extra fuel it'll take to drive her to and from work several times a week?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chris always puts Isaac to bed so it was no different...the hardest bit was first thing in the morning when he would normally feed, but he got over it in a few mins.

Good on Danielle getting a job! i think i got paid about $6/hr when i first worked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sam, Nick had no probs switching into a bed, in fact I think it improved his sleep for a while, so live in hope! Is Koby all better now? Big Congrats to Danielle

I've got a prob, and I'm curious to know what you guys would do.

We were planning to go for a couple of weeks to NZ later this year, but we've just found out that DH's best friend from Europe is getting married in early september.

Flights are really cheap ATM, but it would still cost $5k to fly the whole family over, or $2k to fly DH. We can afford it, but not sure if we want to, or would prefer to spend the money on the NZ holiday we were planning, or a better timed trip to Europe.

DH really badly wants to go to the wedding, but it's just so far away and so expensive. Our options are:
    1) DH goes by himself for a quick weeklong trip, most of which is spent in a plane. Problem is it's a lot of money for a week, you don't get to talk to the groom much at a wedding anyway, and he'd miss his kids like crazy. (and me too, so he claims )
    2) DH goes and takes Nick with him. Problem is I'm not sure if I could handle sending both my boys away (would you guys be ok with it?). It'd be rough on Nick so much change etc. and Nick couldn't go to the wedding which is effectely 2 days of the trip because it's in a remote spot.
    3) We take the whole family. Problem is DH would then want to go for 3 weeks, and doesn't feel like he could spare the time off work, considering how much he's taken off work recently for DD. It's a lot of money for a trip to see family, who have all, (apart from his sisters family with kids), come out here, or are coming out this year. It means we definitely can't go to NZ for a while, which is something we've wanted to do for ever, and this is the first time we felt we could fit it in.
    4) He sends a video message to his friend and we go to NZ for a holiday.

What do you think? I don't want him to go, but that's just cos I always want to be with him. But then I'd love him to be able to go the wedding, as I think he really wants to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fish, just my opinion...
    I wouldn't spend that much money going to a wedding. We have missed a lot of special weddings by being in Australia and to be honest, once they have passed you don't think about them much any more! I definitely don't still wish i could have made it to friends weddings from years ago. I think a video message is a really great idea. And the groom will be able to keep that forever. (And yay NZ!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with Deb, Fish. Given you were over there not so long ago, I'd probably give the wedding a miss and go to NZ (or WA! ). As you say, nearly everyone has been over here or is coming, and the grandparents etc have already met DD. A video message is a great idea, too, so much nicer than emails.

Koby had another melt down at daycare today. After lunch he picked up his bag and put it next to the door, then asked 'where's mummy?'. When I didn't materialise immediately, he went to pieces. He had heard us talking about how I would come and get him after lunch if he wasn't completely happy. While I'm upset for him (that's he's still not comfortable there) and not sure if we'll bother with daycare anymore, I am very impressed with his listening and understanding skills! I think I'm going to go back to the nanny idea, and if he isn't happy to stay at home with the nanny, then they'll all have to come to work with me.

I'm going to convert his cot to toddler bed this weekend, he stayed in his bed last night and went for a nap just now without climbing out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hmm. Thanks for your opinions guys. I guess I'll have to wait and see what DH decides.

Sam, that's very impressive of Koby! I hope the nanny works. What about the swap withyour friend? did that not pan out?

And Deb, those muffins are delicious

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hadn't actually spoken to her again about it - thanks for reminding me. Am catching up with her on friday so will chat about it then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good news! I spoke to DH last night and he said he was leaning towards not going to the wedding. I tried to be supportive of him either way, but he decides it's not worth it. then NZ here we come!!

Deb I suggested to the mums at my favourite play group that we should do something like you did and have a weekend away, it sounded so superb

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll have my fingers crossed for you too, Fish!

I love the idea of a weekend away too, the wives of all the men who went to Kokoda this time last year have often spoken about it, but in reality, I know I'd chicken out at the last minute and not go. Koby would probably be fine, it's me whose the big woos!

We won our netball semi-final this morning and go straight into the grand final. I think we were all a bit surprised as the team we played today was no.2 and we're no.4. Presumably we'll be playing no.1 next week who we have never beaten. We're just so glad to have won today, next week doesn't really matter, but we will give it everything we've got.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

I'm so so sorry I've been MIA - just been a bit hectic.

Firstly - a huge belated happy birthday to Nick - so sorry. I hope he had a fantastic day!! And what a clever boy sleeping in a big bed already!!! That's a touch decision about the wedding. It doesn't sound like you've been given a lot of notice though. We gave DH's family and friends about six months' notice and only his immediately family came over. It was just too short notice I think.

Sam - sorry to hear Koby isn't enjoying day care much. I can't believe he's climbing out of his cot already!! Wow. I hope you find a solution for the day care soon.

Deb - glad you enjoyed your weekend away - sounds like bliss!!

Blake and I are sick with a rotten head cold so not much sleep going on here. So sorry if I sound a bit out of it. Just wanted to finally say hi and sorry I haven't posted for a while. Will update you all soon.