ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sam, glad to hear you have some good news about your MIL.
    I know what you mean about letting Isaac take the lead with independence, its just such a pain!! everyone elses kids are off playing and isaac is glued to my knee whinging about going home.
    A day swap with another mum sounds perfect to get some time to yourself.

Jules, we go to a mothers group but maybe i need to go to another one as well so he mixes with different people. He also has his cousin at the mothers group which may make him worse!

Fish, must be those happy milk hormones keeping you sane. One of our mums group brought her second baby along on wed, she looks so little even though she's already over 5kgs at 4 weeks. you forget how big our boys are until you see a tiny baby.

Does anyone know if the minipill still works if you are only feeding once or twice a day? should i be on the normal pill??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Deb the combined pill will dry up your milk, so no. The minipill is 97% effective as long as you take it within 2 hours of the same time everyday. I'm trying to work out what to do myself for this. I feel a tiny bit wrong about taking hormones while breastfeeding, but I really don't feel like an accidental pregnancy, and I'm not sure I really like the other alternitives any better.

Sam that's good news with your MIL. The day swap sounds good too, but so does the two half days in family care.

Long day today. Looking forward to DH staying home tomorrow, although I think we've got quite a few jobs to do for the little party we're giving Nick on the weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews

Happy Birthday Nick!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks Sam

Thanks
    Reviews
    happy birthday nick i had the 19th in my head but didn't realise we were up to that already!

i'm going away for the weekend, just sat night, with six of our mums group mums. we are really looking forward to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Enjoy Deb! Is Isaac going too or are you having a night off?

Thanks
    Reviews
    we are all having a night off. the dads won't know what hit them!
    we are just going up to the sunshine coast...out for dinner and maybe a movie sunday morning then home. might even sleep in until SIX!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deb, that sounds like BLISS! Enjoy, and try and sleep til seven - how decadent! Have a fantastic night!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How was your weekend Deb? can't wait to hear.

How was Nick's b'day Fish? We went to a breakfast for a friend's 2yo b'day yesterday - had a great time.

Koby has just learnt to climb out of his cot. And he's still not sleeping properly at night after being sick on and off, and now he'll be getting out all night...

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone

wow sam how scary for you with koby climbing out of the cot! i think now that you know he will do it anyway, i would put something there to help him climb down properly. or maybe its time for a big bed. my sister has caleb in a big bed and he's been the most perfect sleeper from about 8 weeks old and now he's waking up in the night! (i know you didn't want to hear that!) we have a king single for isaac but he's not using it yet, just for reading books in bed.

well i had a great weekend. went far too fast of course. went to the markets, had leisurely cups of coffee, out for dinner, slept in until 7.30am and went to a movie. we stayed in this really great apartment with 3 bedrooms for 6 of us with a view over the river and huge balcony. when i got home chris had cleaned the house! i'll have to leave more often. isaac was very pleased to see me and insisted on kissing me on the face for about half an hour and kept saying hi mum. hi mum. hi mum.

isaac is sleeping 6.30-5ish now which is a pretty good effort! gives us the evenings to ourselves and there is enough time in the mornings to make dinner. i'll enjoy it while it lasts i think!