+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    He sounds like a real sweetie Sam! Hope you have a lovely night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Talking Newbie to this thread :)

Hi everyone

Hope no one minds if I join this thread.

DH and I have decided to make baby #2 !!!

We have an adorable DD who will be two in August and have (after much deliberation) decided to have a brother or a sister for her and another little devil for ourselves lol.

I'm very scared. I had HG my entire PG the first time and many hospital visits and meds til the day she was born. Even that was scary as we had an emergency ceasar after a routine appointment at 38 weeks cos her heart rate was too unstable. She was perfect when she was born but we have since learnt that she has very mild CP in her left leg. Thats ok though as we're working with the docs and physio guys to help her along and she is going very well. Needless to say I'm worried that I'll have another terrible PG and we'll have to go through all of that again plus have DD to care for. I know it's a risk we have to take but I could do with some words of encouragement iykwim

I look forward to getting to all of you and hope we can help each other out along they way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam, I'm so please your Dad is back to his old self again. It was definitely hard on you last year. Have an awesome time, and enjoy each others company. I think most people misread your username as SAHM so I don't think it's that obvious really.

Beth, i'd be the same. it's nice to segregate your life sometimes isn't it. i've wondered a bit if dd's name is too unique making me easy to spot, but seeing as mostly i only post here these days it doesn't worry me too much. and yey for more steps!! go blake!!

Deb, i am so impressed you are still doing 2 feeds. no wonder isaac is so healthy. do you do much scrap booking?

welcome neeky of course you can join us. there are not too many of us posting here, but we do tend to post quite a bit. that's great that you are trying for another. i can understand your anxiety. what's hg? is it likely that you could suffer from it again?

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone

beth...i wish i could say i have more energy but i don't! it is nice staying in bed all night though, even if i'm not asleep! i think more energy would come from more exercise but its a vicious cycle when you are too tired to exercise.

sam - wow dinner out!! sounds wonderful. we are going to try to go out when chris' mum comes over in july. its so much easier now that isaac doesn't feed to sleep so i don't have to be here. have a great time.

fish, how long did nick go between feeds before he finally gave them up? i'll be away from him for 2 days in a couple of weeks (weekend away with mums group ) but think he'll still feed after that. we are so close to 2 now it would be a shame if i didn't make it! after all my complaining i don't think i'm ready to stop yet.

neekynoo - isaac was born 9th august so only a bit older than your dd. he has put us off trying for another! we probably will late this year/early next year. one of my friends had HG and she is really worried about being pregnant again especially with a toddler. i hope you have lots of support. welcome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by little_fish View Post
    welcome neeky of course you can join us. there are not too many of us posting here, but we do tend to post quite a bit. that's great that you are trying for another. i can understand your anxiety. what's hg? is it likely that you could suffer from it again?
    Hi Unfortunately yes Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG) is a very depleating condition that is caused by the hormones created when you are PG and if you suffer it once there is every chance you will again, or you may not. Some women have it once then don't with the next and then even worse with the 3rd for example. Instead of just having morning sickness you have all day/ night vomiting and you lose over 10% of your body weight bcome very dehydrated and produce too many ketones because you simply cannot eat/drink at all. For some it eases by 26 weeks but for others, including me it lasts til the very end and included 6 hospital stays and was awful. Sadly you can't know if it will affect you again unless your PG. Talk about a catch 22!! lol.
    http://www.hyperemesis.org/hyperemes...s-symptoms.php

A very informative website if you want to have a look into. It is explained much better than I could ever try

Quote Originally Posted by deb1234 View Post
    neekynoo - isaac was born 9th august so only a bit older than your dd. he has put us off trying for another! we probably will late this year/early next year. one of my friends had HG and she is really worried about being pregnant again especially with a toddler. i hope you have lots of support. welcome!
    Oh Isaac is such a beautiful name, we had it on our list for boys with DD (Lyla). I can understand why your friend would have concerns. We had to think about things pretty hard to decide if we were prepared to take the risk of HG again but in the end we thought well "why not". We got through it last time and DH is very supportive so I know I'll be in good hands if it does happen again. I just keep saying, "nope, this time will be different". Fingers crossed . I'm hoping Lyla will be a little helper too by the time the next one comes along, that will be a big help. My best friend has 2 under 2 and it's full on. I don't think I would've coped had that been me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks neekynoo, we loved that Isaac meant laughter...but maybe we should have picked a name that meant sleep? Maybe you'll have a boy this time and all the hormones will be different.

We were up at 4am today, same as yesterday. its so cold!! Isaac says "ooh dark". Yes, it is dark for another couple of hours. Then "mum, up, open door please, bee". Don't know how many times i've watched the bee movie but at least its more relaxing than anything else at 4 in the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Okay no more name changes now - promise!! Sorry to confuse you all. I like this one heaps better.

Neekynoo - Welcome to the thread. Sorry to hear about the HG! Having another is stressful enough without having to cope with that aswell. Some days I just think - how would I ever cope with two. Or running after DS and being nine months' pregnant? We to are looking at ttc#2 - am nervous and excited.

Deb - sorry to hear about your early morning start? Did he go back down for a morning nap? You must be exhausted.

It is absolutely freezing here today!!! Well actually it was even worse yesterday. I can't remember it being this cold in such a long time. We had music again this morning! Little Blake was so vocal!! Hilarious.

Can I ask a silly question - what do you use to wash bub's hands in the high chair? I don't like using wipes as they have all sorts in them. Do you just use a wet face washer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jules (yep I like this user name better too ) We use a wet washer. I tend to use a clean one for each meal if anyone is sick in the family, otherwise if we are all well or on holidays, then one will last the day, just rinsed between meals. If we are at the shops I usually use wipes, but like you, I don't really like doing it.

Eek deb. we have a in-bed until daylight rule here. unfortunately that means someone has to sit with him if he gets up early. Fortunately that's mostly DH that does it these days as I'm busy feeding DD in our nice warm bed . I also wonder how parents coped before TV with those early morning. Imagine having to actually think as well as get up

Um feeds.. that's testing my memory. I think we just drifted out, once a day, then every second day, then I think by the time it was less than that it was pretty much stopped. Maybe one or two more. But I seem to remember with every feed he dropped he'd drop it, then pick it back up again for a bit then drop it again for good. Does Isaac take the bottle? I image he'll be fine and be glad to have his milk back.

Neeky, thanks for the HG info. I'd heard of it, but forgot the name so the abreviation didn't do much for me (I was thinking high gycemia...?) I'll corss my fingers for you that it doesn't come your way again. It would be very hard to have it and a toddler.

My kids aren't syncing their sleeps today. Nick is being very very difficult to get down for his day sleep ATM. so I have to wait for DD to go down so that I can spend ages with him getting him to sleep. Then he finally falls asleep and she's awake 5 mintues later. Lucky we have heaps of junk food in the house for Nick's birthday party, although I might have to go out and buy it all over again. The mint choc bikkies (a.k.a birthdya cake train wheels) don't look like they're going to make it through the week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Welcome Neekynoo! I've heard of HG, a friend had it and like you had to spend time in hospital. I think by her 3rd it was almost gone. Fingers crossed for you. Just remember that pregnancy does end eventually and you have a lovely little reward at the end of it. Sounds like your DH is great too.

Jules - I like this name too! Easier to remember. Send some cold over here. We've had a bit of rain but I'm sick of temps at 22-25, I'd like to wear my winter clothes! I love really cold weather. I saw someone's post on FB that the hail from last night was still frozen on her lawn!

Deb - we faded out with feeds, like Fish said, too. When I realised we'd gone a day without feeding during the day, just coz we'd been busy and he'd bee happy I decided no more. He'd done it once and barely noticed anyway. Same with the morning feed, just offered him breakfast first and he was happy with that. Then months later I put him to bed at night after he'd had his cup of milk but before he'd had his night time BF - just to see if he would ad he did't miss a beat. So that was the end of it. I went back to the lounge room and had a bit of a moment, but it went so smoothly it was clearly the right time.

Fish - are you making a train cake? I'm thinking I might have too, as well. It's really going to stretch my capabilities!

We use face washers too, I don't like to use wipes on his face either but if I have to we do use the sensitive skin ones.

Well, we've had an odd couple of days. Koby lost it at family day care yesterday, I had to go and get him. Then this mornig at netball creche he didn't want me to leave. Eventually I got out the door and went to play, but by end of first quarter, they'd bought him out to me. One of our players was injured so I could come off, just cuddled him in the breaks. He cried while we were playing and our injured player isn't very maternal, she barely looked at him. It was so sad, I came very close to throwing the bib in, so to speak. I think it's because we missed a week with daycare coz he was sick, and it's hard enough being a week apart as he forgets that its ok. I don't know what to do. I really really enjoyed being at work yesterday but not at Koby's expense.

He's resisting sleep again too, he's exhausted but I can hear him talking away in his cot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Sam, poor you and Koby. Don't worry yourself too much about it though, you know he'll love it once it's familiar.

I just let Nickd o his first impulse buy: a $2 dolphin fridge magnet. He's currently asleep clutching it
    Last edited by little_fish; 11-06-2009 at 13:36.