+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's about 2 hours east from us, Fish. Thanks for the comment re the photos - I'm pretty happy with the last lot. Learning heaps all the time.

Our playgroup usually has an incursion once a term. The only excursions I've been on is to the zoo and an indoor playground.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    is incursion a typo, or a term I don't understand

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi guys!!

just letting you know we are all still alive here. mum has been here for 2 weeks and soon we'll have DH's mum for 2 weeks so that will get us to 6 weeks old when i'm sure Jess will be sleeping through.

she has been really good so far - even getting some 3-4 hour stretches between feeds. so different to isaac (luckily!). and she even takes herself off when she's finished feeding - imagine!!

isaac loves her but is really impatient, he was like that before she arrived though. needs to learn to wait, without yelling!

fish, how many more teeth to come for nick? we were finished with teeth about 1.5 years ago...sorry they are so slow for you! does it affect him much?

lilium, we are obsessed with toy story here too. isaac has buzz & woody undies, singlet, pjs, soft toys, duplo etc. i'd love to take him to the movies if i thought he would sit through it but think we'll just have to get the dvd.

we're going well with TT. isaac is dry every night now, just have to get some poos in the toilet! any ideas??

anyway - better go. thank you all for thinking of us. i'll try to write more often.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Fish - sorry! Incursion means something coming in to playgroup, like a magician or a baby animal farm. I think it's probably one of those 'made-up' words.

Deb - good to hear from you and that all is going well. It's so good that you have such lovely nana's to come and stay. DS2 is very impatient these days, too. Just an age thing. If I ask him to wait for something, he'll say 'no, now!'. I must watch my impatience, too, I think!

We're thinking about going to Vietnan in the next month or so, so excited! It's somewhere DH has always wanted to go, and I'm happy to go anywhere. It'll just be DH and DS2 and I, as DS1 is going to bali with bio-father in a couple of weeks and DD and I are going in october. Lucky me, I get two! Oh, and I've got DH's approval to go to Scotland for my 40th, too! A while a way, that one, but it's the one place I really, really have to go. I've done so little travelling due to being a mum at 21, that any trip gets me excited to the point of not being able to sleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    haha Lilium i'm always raising my voice at Isaac telling him not to yell. i think impatience breeds impatience!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you're right Deb. I get a tad rushed in the mornings when it's a work day and now when we get in the car to go somewhere, DS2 will often say 'come on, come on, we haven't go tall day'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Deb, great to hear it's all easier with Jessica, alsthough I didn't think it was possible to make it harder... Sounds like you're on top of things and have great help around you. No wise words with the poos, for us they came first and the wees were harder. I could tell when he was just about to start on a poo, so that made it easier to catch. Does he have any food that gets things moving for him?

Nick has 3.5 of his 2y/o molars left. I don't think they bother him that much. DD's struggling more with hers. Her first set of moalrs have been coming through since May (and were bothering her for a few months before that) so far only one has fully crowned, and the other 3 are only partially through, and now the eye teeth are breaking through at the same time. The first one took a week of breaking through then growing over again and breaking through again. I'm day dreaming of a solid night's sleep

Sam, wow you must have a pro-active commitee at your playgroup! I was googling and found this company in Vic that will bring a mobile cow to your group/party etc. Then you get to milk it, then they put the milk in a churn and make butter for you. I was so dissapointed to find it was in Vic!

Lil, I've done a heap of travelling and I still get excited about it (unless it's long haul flight iwth little kids to visit in-laws, that's a bit less exciting. I've never been to Vietnam though, very exciting. Loved the Scottish highlighs, one of my faves!

gotta run...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fish, that's sounds great having a moo come to playgroup! Yes, I think the committee is pretty good, they're running 'theme' weeks now with suggestions on activities, crafts, books or songs that fit with the theme. We had a pirate theme last term, DS2 loves his pirate hat!

Scottish highlands..sigh... I must have been a scottish clansman in a previous life, I swear they're calling me I can't wait to see them.

The long flight part worries me, I'm not good at sitting still myself, let alone DS2. Flight to Vietnam wont be too long though and there's a stop over in Singapore. Not sure we're going to get there as soon as we'd like but the plan is to fly into HCMC, spend a few days exploring, then join a tour to mekong delta and into cambodia for a few days, then back to HCMC and take the open bus up to hanoi. There's 5 stops along the way where you can get off and get back on a few days later, plus plenty of site seeing stops between the get off points. Also want to go to Halong Bay, and Sapa if we can fit it all in. So so excited!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lil, the trip sounds very exciting! I love the planning part of a trip too, months of lovely anticipation.

You'll be fine on the plane, they reduce the oxygen so you feel really lethergic anyway, and then you've got the little TV's etc to keep you company. And a bunch of new stuff for DS2 should keep him happy. Bless the matchbox car

Thanks
    Reviews
    Feeds every 2 hours last night, so my brain is pretty mushy. Nick is getting to be 2-ish too, our naughty corner is getting a bit of a work out these days. but otherwise all is going pretty well here.