+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just checked Facebook.... Congratulations Deb!!!! Welcome baby Jessica. I am looking forward to hearing details and seeing photos. I hope you and Jessica are both doing well, and enjoying your first moments together.

Julie thanks for that. That means a lot to me. I feel so much pressure to get him in daycare like everyone else, but at the same time, it really doesn't feel right to me. Can't say the full time jig is always the best, but it's mostly great and I enjoy the challenge.

Ok one wants to go outside, the other smells suspicious, and the washing is done...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww how exciting!! A big congratulations Deb to you and your gorgeous family. Those first hours are so precious!! Bring back such fond memories. It sounds like it all happened quickly for you!!

No problems Fish! I still have my share of mother's guilt with taking Blake to daycare. I think if hubby wasn't so busy with his business (or both of us for that matter) then I too would love to have Blake at home full time. Yesterday I drove past his daycare centre and he got so upset that we weren't pulling into the car park - so seeing his reaction puts my mind at ease.

All is going well with Harry. He is such an easy bub. I spent a bit of time a couple of weeks ago getting him to self settle in his cot and now he goes to bed at the same time as Blake every night. He's so relaxed and such a joy. And is only having one to two feeds a night. One about midnight and then one between 4 and 6. And then he goes back to bed until 7.30 am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jules, that wonderful that he's being an easy bub. I think it's much nicer when the second is easier. I've seen friends who's first was the easiest, and it's really hard on them the second time round. He sounds wonderful. Guilt follows us mothers everywhere doesn't it

Nick's got a new tooth! Imagine that, a new PM and the first 2 year old molar, all on the same day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done Nick. Blake's have been threatening for ages now. We are going to take him to the Paed soon actually as he has had a snotty/runny nose for almost a year now with no other symptoms of a cold, and we finally got the doctors to take it seriously. He drools a lot too which we always put down to teething, but now we're wondering if something else is going on. It really must annoy him too.

Yes it is great having an easier bub the second time round. Oh and when I said I taught him to self settle in his cot, I didn't use any method of crying it out or anything, I would never let him cry alone. I would obviously make sure he was fed, changed, warm etc., and then just sit with him with my hand on him gently patting him while he was in the cot until he fell asleep, and then I started letting him do it himself (with a dummy). I thought the dummy might cause problems but it hasn't so far - so fingers crossed it doesn't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey everyone,

Busy busy here, Koby has had his birthday, it's school holidays, trying to get the house into some semblance of clean and tidiness (ha!).

Deb - how are things going with Jessica? Would love to hear from you and see more photos.

Fish - how's Nick's tooth? Do you find his excema is worse in cold or hot weather? Koby's has started to come back. He scratches a lot at night when he's presumably hot under the blankets, yet I'm finding the cold weather is drying our skin out. Moisturise, moisturise, moisturise!

Jules - how are you going? Have you had Blake's appoint yet?

Shelle - how's things with you and Sach? Has your recipient had another cycle yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lil, Bother. I'm so sorry. I've forgottom to wish Koby a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!. How did it go? I loved your cake, and the other photos. What did you end up getting him?

Nick's tooth is still coming through, although haven't checked for a few days. DD's first eye tooth is also coming through, and her molars are still working their way through, so considering that, I guess we're having very good sleep.

Nick's excema is probably worse in the really sweaty heat, but dry weather is also bad, and every change of weather is also bad... so that makes up for most of the year . We're trying a new routine where DH pats him dry after his shower and then immediately covers him in ointment, before his skin has a chance to loose the moisture it's soaked up in the shower. (oinments are heavier than creams but sticky and fairly disgusting on clothes). And that seems to be doing fairly well for now. Poor Koby. I hate it when they have to scratch. I hope your weather improves soon.

Julie did you take Blake to the paed? How's it going? You must be in a very busy period now, are you getting any sleep.

Deb, I hope she's an easy bub. Would love to hear how you're going, and how Isaac's coping.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Fish, we ended up getting him a Buzz Lightyear toy, and some puzzles. My dad got him Woody and an aunt got him a Buzz Lightyear costume (see facebook) so we're a bit Toy Storied out! He's a tad obsessed, but it's cute.

It is so sad when they scratch - just makes it worse. But I get how itchy it is and how frustrating for them, I have dermatitis on my hands, it's really hard to keep under control and not scratch. We're back to the ointment in the itchy spots, then slathering the moisturiser on top.

It is so cold here atm, I'm a bit over it! It's supposed to rain tomorrow, hopefully that will actually warm things up a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was wondering if you'd got him that buzz lightyear costume. Looks like it's just the thing for him. Is it warming up your way? We've had a bit of a reprieve over here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Fish - it's warmer but now raining heavily. A big storm was supposed to pass through about 7pm last night but we're a bit sheltered where we are, so it didn't seem so bad. I hope the rest of the city fared as well.

We really need the rain. We spent the weekend with DH's sister's house which is on the edge of the wheat belt. They were saying that the rain had started just in time, the crops were starting to wilt. Hopefully it's keep up in just the right amount.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lil, I had no idea there was a wheat belt your way! Good to hear you faired ok with the storm. I love the photo of DS2 on Facebook, for some reason Facebook wouldn't let me like it there.

Do you go for outings with your playgroup? have you had any nice ones? I'm trying to think of something nice for ours.