+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey Jules, Just a quick one. DD had the bright green poo for months (or was it weeks? it seemed like a very long time). I decided after researching it was because there was too much foremilk. But after googling it, I decided it was doing her absolutely no harm, and except for the toxic colour, it wasn't harming me either, so I just went with the flow, and it eventually sorted itself out.

Deb, bummer about your sister! how inconvenient. But very exciting that you'll be moving back so soon too. I'm sure Jess will be an absolute angel for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Deb, good to hear from you! What a pity your sister can't wait until after Jess is born . I hope she waits a day or two so your mum can get here in time, and that she turns for you, too!

Jules - good to hear from you, too. Thank goodness for mums, huh? So glad she moved over there too. How is DH's photography going? I have borrowed a couple of L lenses from a friend who is a wedding photographer - OMG! They are soooooooooo good. I've always struggled to get reasonable photos at footy but with his lens, they're just beautiful. Have put my order in for my birthday...

A neighbour has asked me to do some candid family portraits for them - so I need to figure out how to charge. I don't want to charge for prints, more for my time. Got some thinkin to do.

Fish - how did DD's second night go? Better than the first? I"m a bit stuck as to what to get DS2 for his b'day. He says trampoline - but I'm not keen on them. He really needs a complete toy overhaul - he's bored with most of them. He is so into lego and puzzles ATM. And he wants a dinosaur cake . I've found a picture of one on the internet that I like...

http://www.coolest-birthday-cakes.co...cture.html#c13 Looks difficult though.

These health issues aren't anything compared to what some people have to deal with. It's just frustrating and I'm a bit cross it's happening now rather than in 15 years when it should be. It could be much much worse though. So, no more complaints from me - just going to get on with it and keep working hard.

Hope you're all enjoying your long weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey everyone

Lilium, apparently she is head down but curled around so at least not breech. isaac was 59cm so maybe there just isn't enough room in there!
    isaac had a dinosaur cake for his 1st birthday. i just photocopied a pic from a book and enlarged it to cake-size. worked really well. iced him green, put toblerone spikes down his back and tic tac teeth.

Jules, i ended up feeding isaac one side at a time too. its such a pain having so much milk but much better than too little. i would have to cover isaac with a towel on the side i wasn't feeding from and he would still be soaked through so would change his clothes every feed. lots of washing for me & him!!

Well we have used this weekend to finally get Jessica's room ready. Now at least she has somewhere to sleep! need to get my hospital bag sorted i guess. due date sounds a lot scarier if you say 31st june rather than 1st july.

hows the sleeping going fish? wish i could come and help since i'm up all night anyway!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Deb - I hadn't thought of Toblerone for the spikes - great idea, thanks! Is you actual due date 1 July? That's only two days before DS2's 3rd b'day! What is your school start date over there? I know one of the eastern states changed back to calander years.

We're sort of thinking it would have been better for DS2 to have been born a few days earlier, given how well he speaks and how outgoing he is. Also, ALL his friends will go to school next year. Going to be hard to explain to him why he can't. We'll move him from family day care to a centre that has a 3 yo program so at least he's getting the stimulation.

I bought a new lens for my camera yesterday - very excited! Can't wait to pick it up on the weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lil, Wouldn't that be the way, here I am desperate to give Nick and extra year, and you'd put DS2 in sooner. Greener grass hey

I have been offered a spot in a daycare centre for Nick and I'm still finding it so hard to come to terms with. Doesn't help that Nick freaks out when I expain it to him. But I know that he'll probably enjoy himself heaps once he's settled.

Lil, have you looked into C&K pre-preps? some of them take kids 6 months younger than the standard cut off. Yey for new lenses

Deb, that's great you've got the nusery ready. now you can just relax for these last few weeks, right? How's Isaacs sleeping going? Is he any clingier in anticipation?

Well DD's sleep has much improved, we've had 2 wake ups, and only 1 feed around 4 or 5 for the last 2 nights. So as soon as I can adjust my own body rhythum, I should be feeling peachy. At the moment I'm still just feeling vague and frazzled, I need to get the childcare thing sorted, and then Nick's got his birthday on Sat, together with party, and he's so super excited about it (been looking forward to it since Christmas) so I seem to be putting heart and soul into it, and hoping I can make a 3y/o's dreams come true. Completely fruitless, but *sigh* such is me.

I suspect the excess present kitchen set will end up in the sandpit as a Chrissy pressent for DD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Fish - I'm not really unhappy about him waiting an extra year, but I think he will be! The different childcare option should keep him happy - it's structured very much like a kindy. I don't know what C&K pre-preps are...ploise explain? (imagine bad Pauline accent)

Will this daycare centre for Nick let you come and stay with him to start with? If he can have you there while he works out how much fun he's going to have, it would probably make it heaps easier for him.

Good to hear DD's sleep has improved Great news! It'll probably take you a month to catch up, though. It seems our sleep bank can take a while to fill.

I"m sure the b'day party will be a huge success! Can't wait to hear all about it. We're just going to have lunch for Koby's - it'll be the day after first anniversary of MIL passing away so we'll be feeling a bit subdued around here, I think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love your pauline accent

Do you have C&K kindys over there? Or am I talking martian...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely martian

Thanks
    Reviews
    A-ha! Well, never mind then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just googled them, Fish, and my nearest centre is 2,632 km away! Looks very interesting though.
    Last edited by Lilium; 16-06-2010 at 16:04. Reason: spelling