Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You too, Fishy!

Hope everyone had a beautiful day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I must have been tired last night - I did wonder why the hug emoticon had changed colour! It's handshakes - I've never noticed them before, are they new?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I haven't noticed them before either!! Very cute.

Hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day and got very spoilt. I got a new dressing gown, a picture frame with some gorgeous photos of the boys in it, and some flowers. We didn't go anywhere as Blake isn't very easy to take out at the moment as his molars are coming through and he's not having much fun. Poor kid. So we had my folks over and DH cooked us all dinner. A shame I had to tidy up - he certainly knows how to cook up a storm!! Although I got told off for cleaning up! DH thinks I'm obsessed with housework - but someone has to do it!!

Little Harry James arrived on 22 April (the day after his due date - arrived at the hospital on his due date though) weighing 7 pound 10. The birth was very different to Blake's - and Harry is very different to Blake aswell. Looks completely different and is a lot more settled - he doesn't seem to have reflux (fingers crossed) although he suffers a lot from wind I think and we can spend forever burping him and then he'll do a massive explosion in his nappy! So feeds can take a while. Tomorrow is my first day on my own with the two of them!! Joy joy!! Am a bit nervous - especially with Blake being so whingey at the moment!

Sam - how is the photography going? The new course you are doing sounds really interesting. Enjoy! I hope it all works out for you.

Fish - that car mat sounds great! What a good Mum you are. I need to get a bit more imaginitive/creative I think.

Shelle - have you bought a house? Is it near the school where you are sending Sacha (St L?).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jules, good to hear from you. Congratulations on the birth of Harry! Would love to see some more photos. Did the birth go well? They're all so different, aren't they?

The new course is great! And I've joined a group over here that is meeting up in a couple of weeks to do a portrait workshop, I'm really looking forward to that. I really need to spend some $$ on equipment - a faster lens and a speedlight flash. I think I'll have to have a look at Canon finance...

Obessess with housework? No problems like that here...more like the opposite, obsessed with avoiding it! Relax Jules - it'll still be there later. Unfortunately!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lillium - will definitely get round to posting some more photos very soon. A bit short on time atm as you can imagine. And I don't like to sit in front of the computer when Blake's awake. Yes the photography equipment is exy isn't it - and people wonder why photographers charge so much. We spent the first few years since starting our business just paying off equipment and set up costs. It really has cost us a fortune - although DH's love of toys doesn't help. We ended up setting up a lease with a finance company for our equipment - saved us a fortune tax wise. Hopefully soon we can start collecting a wage from the business once all the lease payments are done.

The birth was ok but definitely not easier. I insanely decided to try going drug free again. I got through it but at the last couple of hours were extremely tough as it took forever for me to go from 9cm to 10cm (five hours to be exact). And then the urge to push was very intense, but thankfully that was over very quickly this time. The midwife was fantastic in guiding me in pushing him out and as a result I didn't tear at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Jules - I think if you made it through drug free then you are an out and out legend! I so wish I could have had a labour like that with Koby.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to lease some equipment, at least a speedlight and a really good quality portrait lens. Got to spend money to make money unfortunately. We did a portrait studio lesson at Tafe on Monday - I'm not sure what I think of the results, I'll upload to fb when I'm finished - let me know what you think.

How did your first day without DH go?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Lillium. I didn't feel quite like a legend when I was screaming as the urge to push took over. The midwife came running in and said STOP - and told me to start panting (as she was doing so herself). She looked me right in the eyes and really got me to re focus. She was a legend. I have to send her a thank you card actually as she did so well guiding me in pushing little Harry out. And she got a mirror for me too so I got to watch him being born. It was amazing. He is so so different to Blake.

Can't wait to see your photos. I'd love to do a course like that. DH's business has really sparked an interest. Just don't really have the time or money right now.

First day was a complete nightmare thanks to Blake's teething and tantrums - not sure if it's just two year old tantrums or his teeth or frustration - or a mix of it all. Today was slightly better. Mum is being a real big help though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone!

It's gone really quiet here now. Where is everyone?

Jules - how are things going? Are you getting some sleep?

Deb - how's Isaac? Still rising before the sun?

Fish - how's Nick and DD? I'm thinking about doing an Olympic Distance in Mooloolaba next March, want to join me? It's a chance to finally meet, after all!

DS2 is being a bit hard to handle these days but I guess we had it easy for 2 1/2 years. I'm hoping this stage passes quickly though!

DD's job continues to go well, though she's doing some really long hours. DS has an interview with the private school tomorrow.

DH is running an ultra marathon from NOrtham to Mundaring on the long weekend, so it'll be a busy weekend for us. Would have liked to go somewhere more exciting the FIL"s house, but there you go. The run it self is on trail so it should make for some good photo opportunities when I'm getting food etc to DH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lil, not so sure about Mooloolabah. I would be too disapointed if I did a worse time that last time, and I can't see at the moment how I could fit in enough trianing (or motivation) to do better. But if you do come over for it, I will happily come up and be in your cheer squad! It's a nice one though, I enjoyed it heaps more than Noosa, which was very overcrowded, especially in the swim leg.

We are back. What a trip. DD got her first molar coming through, with 2 more that look so very very immiment, I was sure they'd be through before now. We all got a horendous cold which stopped the kids from eating for 3-4 days each, and gave me an ear infection which I'm still deaf from. And the final leg of the flight home DD threw up all over me and her half way into it (about 10 minutes after the poor harrassed mother beside me complimented me on her behaviour), and then again when we had all just got buckled in for the decent.

But we had some great weather, and lovely catch ups and DS is fluent again in his second language, which is so lovely to hear.

Now to get over the jetlag...

Julie how are you going? how is Blake coping? is Henry an easy baby compared to Blake?

Lil, what's DS2 up to? I can't imagine him being anything but an angel. That's great that DD is finally focussed and moving forwards. Fingers crossed for DS1. Is it a good school?

Deb, how are you feeling? Final days now? How is Isaac coping with it all?

Shelle, how is your new house going? is Sach still going to the same daycare?