ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    for you and DD, Sam. I bet the photos are terrific. What's the new course you're planning?

Not the best night last night 2 nightmares from Nick, 3 feeds from DD (injections yesterday) and A MOUSE!!! Eating a banana in our kitchen. Yick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    thanks Fish. The course is a more indepth photo course, hopefully will learn heaps.

Hope you all get some sleep tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello lovelies, long-time-no-post from me! Hope you are all well, I do actually read your posts a lot of the time in my email when I get the notification, but never seem to manage to sit down and type out a post myself

Wonderful news about Julie's new little bubba, Julie if you get any time to read/post I'm thinking of you

Sach and I are all good, Sach was quite sick with croup last week (she'd never had it before and it was quite scary), but she's back to her normal cheeky self now. We are moving into our new house on 10 May, which is very very exciting. Not sure how Sach will cope with everything changing, but am telling her how exciting it's going to be, so hopefully things will be ok.

My egg donation recipient had a frozen embryo transferred in March and it implanted but didn't stick around - she had low HCG which went up a little bit and then down again She still has four frozen embryos left though, so hopefully one of those will be the one.

Better run, hope to talk to everyone again soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Shelle! Good to hear from you, how exciting about your move. What is the new house like? Sach will be fine, they're such resilient little things. So long as all their stuff is there and their mummy is there, they don't really mind where they are. How's things going with the shared custody?

Sorry to hear about your recipients BFN - fingers crossed for the second attempt. I do think you're an angel, Shelle! I'm sure your recipient does too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lilium, love your new avatar, is it a Lilium? How's that photography going? any new good ones? How's everything else going?

Shelle, great to hear from you. Moves are always exciting aren't they. I'm sure as Lilium said, Sach will be more resilient than you think. Is it a bigger place you're moving to? That's bad luck for your donor. I really hope her next round works. I can't imagine how emotionally draining it must be for her.

Jules, how are you going? How is your little man? is he a good sleeper? what was the birth like? I'm dying to hear your story!

Deb, how are you feeling? Not long for you now either. Did the catapiller itches clear up eventually? Have you got the nursery all done?

We're ok here. Our nights are still fairly tradgic, but everytime I start to clean them up DD gets all teethy or coldy and I haven't the heart (or the desire for sleep deprivation) to continue. We went camping on the weekend, which was really peaceful and lovely, except for the nightmare for Nick that started with sleep talking "No DD no! That's MY breakfast!" and then he "woke up" screaming that he needed sultanas right now. Eventually got him back down, but I suspect that other campers around us might have been thankful we only stayed one night! Otherwise Nick rarely stops for breath, and DD's starting to come up with more words everyday. The kids are both snotty now, so some nice quiet days this week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hiya Fish, yep that's a lilium. I love them, love having them in my house, they're just beautiful. I started the new photography course last night - SUCH a difference to the last one. The instructor is a self confessed nutter, but that's good because I tend to get along quite well with nutters (what does that say about me?!) and she's so passionate about photography. So looking forward to it all - I just know I'm going to learn so much. Next week is a studio session - can't wait!

Everyone else is going ok. DD seems to be doing well in her new house, is working more hours so she can still save for a car, and generally behaving like a 19yo. And therein lies our problem, but I guess we need to just go with this and treat her like a 19yo. DS1 is still waiting on hearing whether he's been accepted into the cricket school he wants to go to next year, DS2 is talking like Nick, never stops for breath! And still sleeping in our bed.

I've finally found the motivation to exercise properly again. Back to the gym, swam 1.5km this morning, I think I found my mojo! I'm a bit knackered now though...

We really should get sorted and start camping, like you guys. We've got the Taj Mahal of tents - and our friends use it more than we do! DS2 would love it.

FIsh - i hope the kids snotty noses clear up quickly, but that you get some nice quiet days in the meantime!

Jules - can't wait to hear more about your new addition and how you're all going.

Deb - I hope you get some sleep today, and Isaac learns to appreciate sleeping in before Jessica arrives!

Shelle - how's the move preparation going? Is Sach handling it ok?

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey everyone

we are all good here. not much happening, just the usual. DH is away this week so that's always tiring but Isaac is such a good little boy really, just Mum needs more energy! while everyone else is talking tantrums etc. Isaac just cruises along most of the time, as long as everything is explained to him....he's a details man.
    nursery is slowly getting there. i don't want to set up the bassinet yet because our cats will sleep in it. so holding off on that. we needed drawers for her room so decided to buy new stuff for us and the kids get the old furniture.
    still dealing with itchy bites but i think we are over the worst. isaac has slept through for the last week. i think he's waking up cold in the mornings but refuses a blanket so the only option is to sneak in and i don't think that would go down well! better to take the chance! we'll put a heater in there soon, he might make it to 5am.

lilium, how exciting doing all this photography. great that you have found a passion. DD in her own house? sounds interesting! i would love to still live at home. :P
    must be tough with DS in your bed. i couldn't do the whole co-sleeping thing. even when isaac was up 10 times a night i still took him back after a feed. hope you are managing to get some sleep yourself.

fish, i can't believe DD is old enough to learn words!! time sure flies (when its someone elses baby!). your DS was early with words i think?? isaac didn't say much until about 18 months then went straight to sentences the next week.

shelle you are so amazing doing what you are doing. all fingers crossed for the next one to stick. the whole having a baby thing is so unfair on some people who would make great parents. hope the move goes smoothly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Deb - yes she's moved out. I have mixed feelings about it but she seems to be coping very well. Fortunately, it's not far from us. I'm loving the photography - it's something Ive wanted to do since I was at school. I'm seriously considering studying it full time when DS2 goes to school. In the meantime, if I can learn more and maybe make a little bit of money from it, I'll be a happy chicken.

THe co-sleeping is actually lovely, mostly. I love it when he rolls over in the middle of the night and wraps his arms around my neck, or just pats my face and whispers 'mummy' - just to make sure I'm there. The downside is I get too hot, and well, it's not conducive to romance IYKWIM? We'll sort it out one day, just not yet.

How many weeks do you have to go? If Isaac refuses a blanket, there are those really thick sleepsuits that go over pj's. I'm sure I've seen them in toddler sizes. New bedroom furniture - yay! I'd love some new bedroom furniture - ours is probably the worst in our house! One day. Right now, I'm trying to design a coffee table / box with a removable lid so that it's a train table underneath. There's a few places around that will custom make it, but the cost is probably going to be the issue.

Hi everyone else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh coffee table train table sounds very cool Lilium! That's the sort of thing I love designing and making.

I made Nick this awesome (humble me ) car mat for when we fly. It has a couple of pockets for the cars to go in, and roads drawn on it, and a bridge and a tunnel which you bend up and snap into place. It's about the size of a tray table (I hope).

Deb, mine are fussy blanketers as well. Nick found one he liked, and then learnt to use it, and now loves them all (even if it's stinking hot, which is terrible for his skin). DD's just starting to to learn to use one this week, it's similar in feel to her security blanket, so she's liking it. They're funny critters though aren't they. I had to cut holes in the feet of her first telly-tubby pj suit (those full length things that make them look like telly-tubbies), because she couldn't stand having her feet in anything.

I think Isaac is made for great things. He sounds like such a cool calm guy who knows exactly what he wants.

Other news the guy a few doors down apparently attempted (succeeded?) suicide the other night, had Cops knocking on our door first thing in the morning. There were 5 police cars int he street, which was very exciting for Nick. All a bit sad really. We don't know him personally though, but he's been living there forever like half the people here.

And I'm learning to knit. The first bit has been quite fun!.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fish - there's no way i'd attempt to make anything like that myself - I'd be apt to lose a limb or a digit at the very least! Your car mat sounds great! What did you make it out of? Pictures?

THat's so sad about your neighbour. Does he live with someone - did someone notify the police? Where I lived years ago, there was a resident nutter - a guy who harrassed the neighbours, complained about everything, frightened kids etc. About a year or so after I left that street I found out that he was found dead on his bedroom floor but that he'd been there for a very long time...suffice to say the entire house had to be stripped of soft furnishings. While he was a nasty man, I was so sad for him that no one cared/missed him enough to look for him until he had been dead for such a long time.