ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fish, thats a really tricky situation. I would absolutely hate having kids hang out outside my house! maybe if you are busy you could ask them to come back tomorrow because nick can't play today? would they leave? i definitely wouldn't let nick go by himself over to their house. i don't think you are being a snob...some people have different parenting styles and you have to go with what you are comfortable with.

Sam, do your oldest kids still do the every second weekend thing? are they old enough to make a decision, legally, not to go? as with fish, feel free to email if you want to vent!

Jules this pregnancy has been a lot tougher than the first time around. i don't know if i'm actually more uncomfortable or just that i'm not allowed to lie down! hopefully you'll feel much better before the baby arrives. was blake overdue? i can't remember.

we are all pretty tired here (what's new?!). we had hundreds of caterpillars outside at easter, which we all went to look at...unfortunately we later read on the internet that they have thousands of tiny hairs that are released into the air and we now all have so many itchy bites they look like chicken pox! isaac has been waking up for a few hours each night since so we are living on about 3-4 hours sleep a night. just like having a newborn! MIL arrives on sunday so hopefully i'll get some more rest next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Deb, the caterpillars sounds very... itchy. You poor thing. Nothing worse than staying up all night with an itchy kid. Do you have anything you could put on them? We have a cream with a slight anaesthetic in it for burns or when itchy bites are really bad.

Sam, it's wonderful feling when they wrap you around them isnt it. If only you did then stay awake to enjoy it for quite so long!

Well we had semi success last night. eventually I took her into our bed, and with some encouragement she was ok to sleep in with us without feeding until 1:30. we might be just creating the next problem though, but it's too hard when she cries so loudly to do it in the same room as where Nick's sleeping. I'm thinking if I get her body used to no milk, then tackle the self settling/ security issues...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fish, yip we have the cream that is antiseptic and supposed to numb the area as well as stop the itching. Doesn't seem to be that effective though. Isaac is rubbing his feet up and down the bed trying to "get the itchy off". I'm not allowed to use the cream but have some antihistamines that i can take one of before bed. We seem to be getting more bites so will be a big clean up this weekend, there are probably little caterpillar hairs all in the carpet etc.
    Sounds like a good plan with the settling. stopping the milk bar is the hardest i reckon, then deal with her own bed later. good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Deb,

those caterpillars sound like a nightmare! I knew they were itchy but not that bad.

DS goes to his dad's for 4 days every fortnight. DD hasn't gone for years, apart from some time late last year when we thought she should live there for a while to see if that helped her relationships with him and her own behaviour. That did not work. She has seen him maybe once or twice since Christmas. They've spoke a few times on the phone, always acromoniously though. I really don't want to put the whole issue on here for anyone to see, so I'll email you all when I've got the energy to think about it all again. So bl%%dy tired of both of their dramas, to be honest!

Fish - that's a start, getting her past 1.30. That's what I did, just set the time an hour os so later each night, and most times he would settle, then sleep past that hour, so we'd leap frog it a bit. When I have some energy I'll tackle the sleeping in our bed issue again. Actually, I should probably make the best of this stoopid insomnia and do it now... should do.

I'm taking photos of the pregnant friend this afternoon - a bit nervous! I hope I don't completely stuff them up. Am madly reading everything I can get my hands on about beach photography, portraits and maternity shots before then!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are those itchy bites going Deb?

And how did the pg photos go Sam?

We are still sleep deprived here. I feel like we were getting somewhere but she came down with a hideous cough and wheeze yesterday afternoon, so again the milkbar was open for orders all night. Oh well. One day I'll sleep again. This morning I tried to put my bra on like undies...

Do you guys watch playschool? do you dread the end of the show where they say maybe you could... make a snow dome, make a pineapple smoothy, climb mt everest? I'm not sure if I dread it or look forward to the challenge. I think they should put a written warning at the bottom of the screen at the start of the show though so you know what you're going to be called to do at the end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by little_fish View Post
    We are still sleep deprived here. I feel like we were getting somewhere but she came down with a hideous cough and wheeze yesterday afternoon, so again the milkbar was open for orders all night. Oh well. One day I'll sleep again. This morning I tried to put my bra on like undies...

Do you guys watch playschool? do you dread the end of the show where they say maybe you could... make a snow dome, make a pineapple smoothy, climb mt everest? I'm not sure if I dread it or look forward to the challenge. I think they should put a written warning at the bottom of the screen at the start of the show though so you know what you're going to be called to do at the end.
    Fish, I hope you get some sleep soon. I can relate, though my lack of sleep isn't toddler related, more hormonal. I haven't tried to put my bra on like undies, though in all honesty I probably couldn't remember if i did, my memory is that bad . I know I've done some really silly stuff lately, but remembering it is a big issue!

The photos went ok - will upload some to fb soon, just want to finish editing them. I learnt a lot, and would like to redo the shoot but to make the most of it, I'd like an off camera flash and some other lighting options first...$$$$$$$$$ so not going to happen any time soon. Another friend has volunteered her baby, so looking forward to that one too.

We don't watch playschool much, but only because we have terrible reception on ABC (another job for my dad to sort out). I think a warning at the beginning of the program would be good so you have 30 minutes to prepare for the inevitable "Mummy....."

Thanks
    Reviews
    fish, DH & I are cracking up at Nick asking to climb Mt Everest! i don't think isaac listens that hard, even though he does watch playschool. he mainly likes the clock, he's into telling the time these days. although most of the time its "half past three".
    sleep deprivation sux. hope it eases soon. i'm sure i'll have my own complaints in 11 weeks! i haven't tried to put my bra on like undies, i have sprayed deodorant into my hand like hair mousse a couple of times though.

sam, well done on the photos. wish you were here to take photos of me & Isaac!

MIL is here this week, only 2 sleeps to go and we're all on our lonesome for another 11 weeks. i'm sure we'll survive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deb - jump on a plane! I'd love to take photos of you and Isaac! Though I don't know that it'd be worth you coming all this way...

Jules - how are you feeling? So so close now!

Fish - has the sleep situation improved at all?

Shelle - how are you and Sach? How is your recipient going?
    Last edited by Lilium; 19-04-2010 at 10:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sam, We had a really decent night last night, only 1 settle and 1 feed. So better than the 4+ times up a night from the last few months. I'm feeling pretty good, bought a whole new wardrobe on the weekend, and everytime I looked in the mirror I kept thinking Girl you look good! Ah the upside of gastro weight loss...

How did the photos go? How is everything else going ATM. DD giving you grief still?

Deb, remind me again when was you MIL here? is she still here? how are your caterpillar itches going?

Jules I've got everything crossed for you, can't wait to hear your news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Fish! Good to hear you're getting a bit more sleep. And YAY for a whole new wardrobe! I could do with one of them too. And some of that gastro weight loss, without the feeling yucky bit though . I've fallen off the gym wagon a bit since the surgery and going away and being so tired and blah blah blah, no excuses, just need to toughen up and get back on there.

DD is still worrying us, will write that email to you all soon.

Koby has his first cold / sore throat of the season and is being tougher about it than DH who freely admits he thinks he's sicker than everyone else . Men!

The photos went OK. I'm a bit frustrated with my lack of ability to make what I see in my head happen, but I start another course in a couple of weeks. I need more practice, more subjects. I wish you all weren't all the other way over there!

Jules - hope you're feeling relaxed and ready. Can't wait to hear! Sending you lots of lovely, easy labour vibes.