+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    will see how much i can type before isaac notices i'm gone..

the whole kindy thing is so confusing. i think a lot of people are planning on keeping their kids in day care until pre-prep. in nz from 3 years old you get 20 free hours a week in kindy or child care. which means from 3 they go to kindy every morning (which is much more appealing than all day imo). then at 4 they go to afternoon kindy then you start school on your birthday at 5. we also go up to year 13 so that must all work out some how with the prep year.

ok times up...will try again later!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Deb - does that mean that kids start on their actual birthday, or in the year they turn 5? If you have year 13, then that first year might be similar to our pre-primary or prep. I have noticed one or two private schools offering K to Year 13 but not known what they meant - maybe that's it?

We've just spent a beautiful morning at Heathcote, and incredible playground on a hill over looking the river. The playground is like a labyrinth, designed in part like a ship, with tunnels and slides and different levels - amazing! So beautiful in the sun, too, even though it's a bit chilly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sam - I love Heathcote. Although last time I was there was long before Blake arrived, so I never noticed the playground. Will definitely have to go back next time we are over.

I met a Mum from bubhub today at a park nearby (which I hadn't been to before) and Blake just loved it. So many tunnels, cubbies, little slides and climbing equipment. And right next to the beach too - and it was a gorgeous afternoon here. A shame he's still crawling though as these visits to the parks mean he ends up covered in sand and it's taking it's toll on his clothes and shoes. And today he got covered in woodchips, and hence so did my woolly jumper. I just hope he didn't get splinters.

At night time Blake has a small bottle of toddler formula - about 100mL. Anyways, tonight I mixed in some cow's milk with it and he's woken up twice already. I really don't think too much cow's milk agrees with him. I think I might knock the night time bottle on the head completely now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Julie, how on earth do you manage to stay up until 11pm!! I'm struggling to make it to 9:30 these days I don't think the crawling stage will last much longer for Blake, if he's already taken some steps, it's only a matter of time before walking is easier than crawling. Have you tried A2 milk, it's meant to be the cream of the crop of cows milk. The park sounds lovely though.

So does your park Sam. We have some nice ones around here, but nothing with tunnels. And as for the weather, yours sounds lovely!

Deb I think it is half days some places. It certainly was when I was a kid. Country kindies had full days, and city ones had half days. Do you know I've put Nicks name down for a Kindy here, and I'm not even sure what the hours are, how slack is that!

Ok Better go and get Nick some of that milk he seems to so desperately need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Fish! I went out for dinner last night with Mother's Group! Am a bit of a night owl too - my own worst enemy when it comes to sleep! That's a good idea re the A2 milk. Will definitely try that. Blake hasn't taken anymore steps lately!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning all,

Julie - you've had a name change?? I got all confused for a minute! I've heard A2 helps with stomach pains - no idea why that is so but there you go! This friend and I (the one from highschool that I tried to find for years, finally caught up a few months ago) try to do something different with the boys each Friday. Next on the list is the zoo, I think. We're on a mission to visit every great park with coffee in Perth, too!

Fish - I"m with you on the early nights. I used to be a night owl before I met DH, probably out of necessity, after 9 was the only time I had to myself, and to study. These days though, not unusual to find me in bed by 8.30.

Corey had his dose of the one vomit gastro this weekend, and now has DH's nasty cold/flu that Koby has had too. It's only Danielle left now... bloody winter bugs!

Hi Shelle and Deb and DjF!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Julie. everything ok (wrt the name change? and would you prefer it if we used the name Beth here?) I wouldn't worry about the steps. That's fairly normal isn't it. Theyy do something once or twice and then forgat about it for a few weeks. I still haven't met any grownups that didn't learn to walk...

Sam, your family has really copped it badly this winter hasn't it. you poor things. We've got the day off today in Qld. Getting some work and housework done.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey everyone

sam, yep kids start on their 5th birthday in nz and go into a 'new entrant' year. then year 1 the following year. if their birthday is at the beginning of the year they may go into year 1 for the second half. planning isaac for august was actually the best time for nz school because they get a few months before going into year 1.

Julie, isaac didn't walk at all until 17 months then never crawled again! so blake still has a few months up his sleeve until then. once he is walking you'll wonder what you were ever worried about.
    isaac hasn't had an evening feed for a few nights, he just has first thing in the morning and after he wakes from his nap. have no idea how much he's getting from me these days but i'm finally not leaking anymore so probably just a cupful rather than a litre!

Fish, yay for the day off!! we have just been gardening and doing the usual stuff. i went to the scrapbooking thing in town this morning so it was nice to have the morning off. gives me time to actually miss isaac.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Thanks for the reassurance re the walking. We've had a few more steps today - played walk to and fro from Mummy to Daddy and that seemed to help him with his confidence. I think he's too busy wanting to explore the world. He gets up onto his feet no problem though.

Yeah I felt my name was a bit obvious (although it was probably the photo I used to have on my avatar) and a family member said she'd found me on bubhub. Just felt a bit awkward about her reading my posts somehow so I thought I'd be a little more subtle with my username. How does one put a picture (as opposed to a photo) on their avatar?

Fish - yes I do spend a lot of time on the photography business already. In fact sometimes I wonder how on earth I'd find the time to work.

Sam - hope you are feeling better this weekend.

Deb - great news about the feeds. Are you feeling a bit more energised as a result? You have done incredibly well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Julie,

I've often wondered if mine is a bit obvious, too. If you have a picture saved on your hard drive somewhere, you can upload as per a photo.

We're all feeling better, Koby is at family daycare today, Corey back at school. I'm at work having computer issues - life is back to normal!

We're going out for dinner to the Raffles on Friday night - I'm a bit excited! We've only been out twice on our own since Koby has been born. My sister is babysitting Koby and Corey and my dad is driving us there, AND picking us up so we can go and get the boys before we go home! My dad is great, as he said - "don't supposed you get the opportunity to go out much, I don't mind helping at all". Lovely fella. Most of his 'issues' from a year or so ago seem to have resolved and he's just my dad again.