+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey Deb - sorry I missed your post there. Must have posted while I was writing. Sounds like a great trip you had. Blake grabbed the potty today without being prompted and brought it out into the living area, and then he started getting quite stressed, and I think it was 'cos he didn't get to it on time and did a wee in his nappy. First time he's actually initiated the potty use on his own! I think we're making some progress.

Sam - good luck with the photography. Sounds awesome. Yeah DH's photography really interferes with our family time, that's why we've cut down how many weddings he does a year. I need to have my DH home occasionally - hehe. We're thinking of seeing if he can get into some corporate work instead.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Jules - wedding photography must be such a huge time commitment. And once new bub is born - it would be even more important to have him home on weekends! Does he still work full time during the week?

I'm going to be doing the team photos and website photos for DS footy team this winter. I'll try anything! I can see myself wanting a bigger zoom very soon - might see if I can hire one short term.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Jules, Sounds like you have the best hospital ever! I thought the 4 days was c/s recovery, not living in the lap of luxury I felt the same about leaving Nick. In fact I was such a sook about it we went home 6 hours after DD was born. I found it very stressful when I had to go back for a few nights a week or so later, but maybe that was because I was heamoraging, and had never stayed in a hosp before

Well done Sam on your test! Have you got a date for your practical? That's great news about almost having work already. How exciting! I imagine landscape photography might involve a lot of pre-dawn starts and dusk work though? It'd be fantastic though.

Deb I badly wanted to do that Train ride, as nick is crazy about trains (and planes and automobiles..), but I think he would have gotten over it well before the ride finished, and I couldn't justify the price. Gotta love those bath wees

Well I got the dolls house made, except for the painting and the stairs, and I am so bloody proud of myself so nice to ACHIEVE something, and concentrate on something for more than a few minutes. lucky my Dad helped though, or I never would have got so much done in one weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam - DH usually shoots about ten weddings a year, although this season it was over a dozen I think. He is working his butt off trying to get them all out now before bubs arrives. And yes he does still work full time. He shoots all his photos in raw and spends a huge amount of time colour balancing and processing each picture to it's very best. I am currently putting together his new website so that we can get our marketing campaign for next summer in full swing before bubs arrives. We've agreed that he won't be taking on anymore than one a month from here on now though, except for Feb and Nov where he can take on two, as they are the busiest months. Good luck with it all. Are you shooting with Canon or Nikon?

Little Fish - you will have to put on some photos of the dolls house. You should be proud of yourself too. Yes the hospital I am staying at is called Cabrini and has been mentioned as one of the best private hospitals in which to have a bub. Although it depends I guess on what you mean by best hospital - everyone's definition of that is different. Last time went reasonably well though. And the private rooms are like hotel rooms. Might get a bit lonely this time though without DH being able to stay with me as much.

Well we had Blake's party today and it was a real hit. Am absolutely exhausted but it was well worth it. A lovely crowd and gorgeous weather. And most of all Blake had a ball. The cake was delicious too. Might go grab some more actually!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jules
    I'm using a Canon 500D. It came with a lens kit but already I'm thinking I should have bought maybe a 50D second hand body and separate lenses. I think I'll still get some good results from the camera, just need to spend some $$$ on lenses. Need the $$$ first tho! I also need to invest in either Lightroom or Photoshop - what does Ben use?

It must be a lot of work / time with DH working full time plus the weddings and the editing! That's huge! Will he eventually move to photography full time? Let me know when the website is ready, I'd love to have a look. I love the photos that you've put on FB.

Fish - well done on the dolls house! Photos please! You are so creative. I'd love to be able to do things like that. Yes, early mornings and dusk are the best times apparently. I'm not so good early in the morning but sunset I can do! We're going away for Easter - where we're staying is a couple hundred metres to the beach, so I'll have no excuses while we're there.

Koby and Happy and I have just been for a run and to the park - it is so humid out there! We've had 'chance of thunderstorms' for two days but of course we haven't had a drop of rain yet. Bring it on! Off to Kings Park to take some photos tonight at dusk - it would be really cool if there was a bit of lightning around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam - yes the cost of lenses and flashes can add up very quickly. We are still paying off Ben's collection. He uses both lightroom and photoshop. I think he puts all his photos through lightroom first, and then polishes them off in photoshop. He spends hours on some of his photos though - a bit of a perfectionist. Yes the time he spends over Summer working is massive. He is often up a lot of the night editing. I've said though that after this summer he should charge a premium rate (for the premium service he provides ) and take a lot less on. Look forward to seeing some of your landscape shots.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry Fish - I meant to add the other day, yes I have a date for the practical - 23rd April. I'm a bit disappointed it's so far away but the instructor doesn't do school holidays and the only other date she had available was the day after my op. I hope we get some half decent weather so I can take the boat out after that.

Jules - I'm thinking I might have to do an interest free purchase, too. I'd like an ultra wide angle and a prime lens. And I'd love an off camera flash too. I spoke to that photographer yesterday - he wanted someone to work friday and saturday. So I had to say no. We've always said we wouldn't work weekends so I'm not going to start now. It would be near on impossible for DH to manage on his own on a Saturday with foot ball, netball, Koby etc. We quite often have to be in two places at once. Oh well, maybe something else will come up.

So that humidity we had yesterday came to something. Biggest storm Perth has had in years! We got some very impressive lightning and thunder and torrential rain but no real damange. Other people in Perth weren't so lucky - there's reports of flooding, hail damage, mudslides - the lot! We haven't had rain in something like 3 1/2 months, then we get 35 mm in an hour or so!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam, glad to hear you'e made it through the storms ok. They sound huge! I hope you didn't get caught outdoors trying to take pictures... did you get any nice ones though? Bummer about the job. Family can really cut into your work time... I agree with your priorities though.

Jules, Blake's birthday sounds like it was lovely. So now he's a big 2! I'm glad he liked his room. I'd say your DH should be charging a premium rate for his service. His photos are very impressive.

I just picked up a book that I got printed out at Big W. It was just some of the kids favourite nursery rhymes put together. When I sent it in I got an obscene language warning. I couldn't work out which word it had deleted. (of course it couldnt tell me, that would be obscene ) But it turned out to be Prick. As in pat it and prick it and mark it with B and put it in the oven for baby and me.

Speaking of pr**ks. When I was at the library this morning I saw a childrens picture book called "where does willy go" or something like that. with a picture of a sperm on the front. I had a quick flick through and it seemed to be a fairly instructive book about where do I come from. I was a bit blown away and surprised with the detail though. Kids books so often just brush over these things very quickly and lightly.
    Last edited by little_fish; 23-03-2010 at 14:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by little_fish View Post
    I just picked up a book that I got printed out at Big W. It was just some of the kids favourite nursery rhymes put together. When I sent it in I got an obscene language warning. I couldn't work out which word it had deleted. (of course it couldnt tell me, that would be obscene ) But it turned out to be Prick. As in pat it and prick it and mark it with B and put it in the oven for baby and me.
    That's hilarious! Obviously a computer picks these things up, not a person, or it would have been taken in context. That's going a bit far though, isn't it? So this is a photo book that you've created with the nursery rhymes? Did you include photos in it?

A friend of mine is writing a childrens book at the moment - she's planning on putting it together with photoshop then printing on one of those photobooks via snapfish (I think very similar to what Big W does) to take it to the publishers.

We've just found out that some tiles on our investment property were blown off, but minimal water damage inside. More concerning is our server at work - it's fried.

The only photos I took were of all our candles last night - have uploaded two to facebook. Not very exciting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    *sniff sniff*

I've obviously got BO again