+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 48 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sam, my thyroid is good at the moment. only have to be on 1 pill a day...down from 8.

that's so funny about your pants!! did you confess to DH?

not much news here. just plodding along. starting to get things shifted out of the babies room and make DH a new office somewhere else. i'm going to lose my nice sunny playroom for winter. at least we have air con in the lounge now so can blast the hot air on us at 4am in july.

right then, better go and do something productive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sam, I've never heard of newjeansitis before

Deb, how exciting to be making her a room. Are you theming it? How many weeks are you now? How are you carrying this time?

We're having a shocker this week. DD was finally back down to 2 feeds after a couple of weeks of teething (or something) and the next day I took the kids to get the first swine flu shot, which I wanted to do before we go overseas again. That night both came down with a high fever. We woke DD trying to read it (we think it was around 40) thankfully she was super happy to obligue and tell us stories and play, not grumpy at all, unless we tried to give her panadol when she screamed blue murder. Anyway, up all night. Not in great shape yesterday. Last night was better, but she was still up every 2 hours, and Nick has a real barking cough today.

Still. not too bad considering. I even did some algebra last night trying to design a dolls house, and really enjoyed it. (I know blatant geek declaration, sigh)

Shelle, did you find out if the lucky mother was successful?

Jules, how are you? in the final few weeks now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey fish, nope we won't be theming it. isaac's wasn't either. will get her name in wooden letters for the wall though like we did with isaac. i would love to put up those wall stickers that look like you are a brilliant artist but we might be moving back to nz in a year so don't really want to spend hundreds! i'm 24 weeks i think...pretty terrible 2nd time round remembering all these things! i feel like i'm carrying much bigger & lower but then that could be all the chocolate.

do DS & DD sleep well in the same room? i'm wondering how i'm going to sprint from our bedroom down to DDs bedroom in the night before isaac wakes up from her crying. can't really have her in our room because of the cats...will have them meowing at the door all night. of course this will only be for the first 3 weeks until she's sleeping 10 hours straight.

PS you are definitely a geek! hope you get a better sleep tonight. don't feel too bad about adding feeds...isaac was on 10+ a day at 20 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deb, Yep they sleep in the same room, and mostly they won't wake if the other is screaming beside them. Every now and then they will. Like in the day when Nick goes in and says loudly beside DD SHE'S AWAKE! (well she wasn't, but she is now ) I doubt Isaac will have problems with it, if she's not even in the same room. And as you said it'll only be a few days before she's sleeping through 12 hours stright anyway

I'm not so worried about the number of feeds as the attaching with teeth, and the broken sleep. There's purple teeth indents on one side after she's finished... Oh well, it'll pass. it's not like it's mastitis or anything serious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deb I forgot to mention, that I've seen those wall stickers in a $2 shop, for not too much ($30 ish I think for a decent packet) and also you are my benchmark for what awesome things b/fing can do. If ever I'm doubting it, I just think, Isaac turned out fine...

Thanks
    Reviews
    haha thanks fish. i'm thinking that this next baby can't be as addicted as isaac and he weaned without much trouble around 2 so if he can, anyone can!!
    thanks for the info re wall stickers, i should have a look. i'll probably paint some canvases anyway...just have to think of some girly pictures.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Fish and Deb

I had another dopey moment yesterday. I've been checking back in every couple of days and wondering where everyone was, didn't realise there was a whole other page . I think I need some sleep.

Yes, I confessed to DH about the 'bruising'. He just shook his head. He's used to my dopey moments.

Deb - I didn't realise you were so far along. What does Isaac make of it all? So you're still thinking about a move back to NZ? Can you access bub hub there?

Fish - I hope DD's teething / fever settles down for you all soon. Do they both feel ok now?

Did I tell you that DD and I are going to Bali? We've booked for 5 nights in October. That should give me long enough to summon up the bravery to be away from Koby for that long. I'm sure he'll be fine with DH and Corey but I'll still worry. It would be nice if they could come too, after a couple of days, but doubtful with all the work stuff going on this year. It should be nice for DD and I to spend some time together. We're planning on some surfing, whitewater rafting and ofcourse plenty of shopping.

Shelle - how is everything going for you? Any news on your recipient? Anything else new?

Jules - how are you going? Getting close now. Is Blake looking forward to it all? Have you got the baby's room all sorted?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sam, I'm so glad you posted just now. I had another bad night last night, between the two of them, and I'm just feeling really drained and low today. I'm right beside you on the sleep deprivation stuff

The tooth never showed, but the poos have settled, so no doubt it'll have another go in a few weeks. Nick had a couple of weeks without nightmares, but was back to 2 last night. At least he's starting to understand the concept of dreams now.

My best news is that I've designed a cool dolls house for DD's birthday, and hopefully should get most of it made this weekend.

Bali sounds just devine, especially with just the two of you. I imagine it will be very theraputic for you both to just look after each other without the normal distractions to make things harder. How's her job going? Is she enjoying earning a wage?

Good luck with the canvas painting, Deb. If they work out well you'll have to share I think I'll get Nick to paint one this arvo for Grandma's birthday. I picked up a bunch from the local art shop on special for $2 the other day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam, i'm don't feel like i'm that far along...still months & months to go. which i'm grateful for!! isaac kisses my tummy and says hello to 'Jecsa' but i don't think they can fully comprehend a baby being around 24/7.
    we are still thinking of moving back, maybe at the beginning of next year depending on a job for DH. he might be able to move back to his old job.
    and yes, even though nz is small, i'm pretty sure i can access the internet there. :P

Fish, you are game taking on a dolls house. i hope you get some sleep soon so you are in top form for creating! i'm sure nick will love it too. little boys love all the girly things don't they? isaac is always after the little dolls prams when we go to girls houses.

We are in day 2 of toilet training here. haven't tried at all before now because we were in nz so much over summer. He's doing really well though. He even told me he needed to go to the toilet and then did a poo so that was pretty exciting!! We haven't caught a wee yet though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by deb1234 View Post
    and yes, even though nz is small, i'm pretty sure i can access the internet there. :P
    Another dopey moment! I was worried you wouldn't be able to access THIS website because it's australian. WWW does stand for world wide web, but clearly my brain is not engaged today! Sorry, Deb, didn't mean to imply NZ wasn't up with modern technology .

That's great about Isaac telling you he wants to go to the toilet!

Fish - the doll house sounds wonderful. Gosh, you're clever! I struggle just putting up a picture hook. I hope you have a better night tonight. Koby had a nightmare tonight, only an hour or so after he went to bed. He was worried about the monsters before bed again. We're trying to get him to sleep in his bed again but he's just not happy about it.

DD's job is going well, and she is loving earning a good wage. We booked a hotel in Bali tongiht. I wasn't going to worry about it yet but was looking at one recommended by freinds and realised it was almost booked out for that period. I found a HUGE discount on agoda - about 50% off and two rooms left. So, all done and a bargain too! Can't wait. I don't know how we're going to wait 7 months!