ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 48 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone,

I've finally got a date for my surgery - toward the end of March. Can you believe that will be almost 6 months wait? I just want it over with so I can stop thinking about it.

Shelle - how are you going with the IVF cycle?

Deb - saw your post on FB - , how exciting!

Fish - How are your lovelies? Any more teeth for Iluka? How's Nick?

Julie - how did DH's party go? My DH's 40th is the end of this month. He hasn't decided what he wants to do yet, may decide to delay it as we've got a bit on this month already. I'm planning mine already - and it's 3 1/2 years away! I'd like to have a cocktail party with a '40's' theme - fancy dress, find cocktails that were popular then, food etc. How's this for scary - DD will be 19 by then!

I'm feeling really rotten atm, not sure if it's hormones relating to the peri-menopause or what but i'm so over feeling blah. I"m sure i'm a pain in the @ss to live with too. I'm going to have some time to myself tomorrow and see if that helps any. Going to the gym in the morning, then shopping for a dress to wear to a friend's party this weekend. Might even fit in a manicure or something like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where is everyone? Do I have BO again?

I posted the other day but it's gone, has anyone else lost posts recently?

Edit - Oh that's just bizarre! The post above this wasn't there until I did this post. Going loopy much?
    Last edited by Lilium; 04-02-2010 at 19:08. Reason: miraculously reappearing post

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yey for finally having a date Sam. 6 months sounds pretty extreme though. I hope you enjoy your day off. It's no fun being a hormonal woman is it. Have you got a good book/chick flick? Your 40th sound like it'll be a blast. I'm not thinking at far ahead yet, but I am starting dreaming what to do with the kids b'days this year. A little stumped what to give DD. How is your DD going with her job? Is Koby all better?

WE're having a bit of a shocker this week. I was getting really down last Sunday and so decided to get back into exercise. Swim on Monday, great! Short run on Tuesday. And I managed to pull something in my neck and have been moving like a robot in pain ever since. Then the kids both came with colds at the same time, so broken nights from them. just one of those weeks Things are starting to look up now though.

Deb yey for pink!! Jess is such a sweet name. How are you feeling? one last trip before you pop. ARe you still planning a move back?

Julie how are you going? last weeks now? how much longer? how's Blake going? is he clingy yet?

Shelle, how is the IVF going? is it all working out now you're in your new routine?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Fish - sorry to hear you're having a horror week but yay for the exercise and time for you! Bummer about you're neck . How are the kids this week? I hope you can get back to some exercise soon.

I can't believe DD is going to be one soon - what an incredibly quick year. I can't remember what I got my DD for her first birthday - it was a while ago . Is she into really girly stuff? I think at that age, anything that engages their standing and exploring with hands is great - they're just so curious.

How is everyone else? Enjoying your holiday Deb? Love the name too! Julie - your belly must be getting pretty big. Any more photos?

DD is going well at the job. Koby has another virus - or maybe it's the same one back again. Runny nose, horrible cough, being a tad naughty, so I guess we'll be back to the doctor today.

I start my Tafe course in photography next week - I'm really excited! I had a re-appraisal at the gym yesterday which didn't excite me - not much to show for three months. I'm bloated and retaining fluid thanks to those dodgy hormones so that would have affected measurements and weight. Sigh... it's been six months and I've lost 2.2 kg. I know it's all about the measurements and they certainly tell a better story but still - it's just so frustrating to be working my tush off for little result. I have a new programme though, so a change is always good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Julie, when are you due again? Hows it all going?

Sam, bummer about the numbers not being so nice to look at, but if you've been working hard, you know it's inly a matter of time before the bloating goes and then you'll have a big drop. keep at it! You're my motivation. I'm hoping to be in good enough repair to do another run this week, otherwise next week I'll start again. Poor Koby, what did the doctor say? Taht's great news that DD is going well with the job. has it helped her settle down and be a bit happier? Speaking of happy, I had a dream about your dog last night, and that he kept on running away, right at the moment Nick woke up with his nightly nightmare, so I told him a story about my dream (omitting the running away bit), which i liked and fell straight back to sleep. last night it was him having a nightmare about trying to dig sand with his front end loader.

I'm doing so much running around after late school entry at the moment, it's horrible. I wish I could just know it all and make a decision. I get all excited about one bit I've organised, like a nice pre-prep to repeat at, and then I talk to a local school who says unless he's got a medical reason there's no holding back. I feel really guilty for having him in June, I feel like I've given him the short straw. Damned whether we hold him back or not. On my other side I have DH saying he was the youngest kid, and an immature short little 36kg boy when he went to high school, and it was miserable, so i'm trying to respect his wishes not to inflict that on his son, but no-one in state education is interested. they just don't seem to either understand or be in for the long term view. my neighbours kids go to a private school, and she reckons her son is one of 3 boys not held back, and it makes him seem so young. but that's no help, if all the kids are held back, then he'll still be the youngest etc. And I really think he's going to do ok acedemically, it's just the ability to make friends and be happy and confident that i worry about, and school are much less interested in that.

Other than that we're pretty good this week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fish - I think you'll find state school's in general will be most unlikely to help. There isn't a great deal of individual care, it's all about the group. I really think that a private school is the best option if you want to hold him back. Given how well Nick speaks, I think he'll be fine academically, like you say. Only you can tell if he'll be ready in terms of confidence. And stop feeling guilty - it's not as though we can pick the time for labour to commence!

Happy doesn't run away thankfully, in fact she's brilliant without a lead! Poor Nick having nightmares all the time. If it's any consolation, I think his imagination is super advanced coz he's super bright, hence the nightmares.

No doctor appointment yet - he's not really running a temp so no point going, and while he's handling it ok and we have no daycare this week anyway, I'd rather not give him more antibiotics.

Good luck with the run in a day or so. I have done very little running lately, mostly Spin class at the gym. I like the airconditioning! Can't wait for the weather to cool down a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fish I'm sorry they're not letting you decide. Although as XDP is always saying to me, we shouldn't project our own experiences onto our kids - I'm often guilty of a "this will happen to Sach because it happened to me" attitude and XDP is always reminding me that it's not necessarily the case. Anyway I hope you get a school on side, it really should be up to you as Nick's Mum, I don't see how it affects the school if Nick was born a week or two later then there would be no problem. Maybe you should move to Victoria, the cut-off is April 30 here

Sam - so sorry that Koby is sick again! Poor little thing, hope he is feeling better.

I had my eggs collected on Saturday, they got 48 eggs! 22 of them fertilised, my recipient had two transferred and there are 18 still growing. The ones that are still growing tomorrow will be frozen. Her blood test is on 22/2 - it's weird being in the TWW but not really being in it, IYKWIM!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shelle I hope this round is a winner for you recipient. She must be so nervous right now. Do you find out any details from here on?

The frustating thing about the schools is it's not just our experiences we're projecting. People have done studies galore, and the youngest kids (particularly boys who mature more slowly) in the class leave school far worse off in self esteme than their older class mates. They don't want to let our kids start late just in case they are the one that bucks the trend. But the way it's looking now we'll probably give up and them him roll with the punches. and if it's all too bad for words, then decide later what to do. Just frustrating from our end. Especially when you talk to principals who are terrible at maths and logic, and simply can't see that June kids these days are the same as december kids from a few years back.

How's Koby doing Sam? And how about yourself?

We went to a new playgroup this morning, one we used to go to a year or so ago. Some of the worst clicky groups have gone, but there's still a bunch who aren't exactly welcoming. Nick loves it though (big digger machines and kids to run around with) so I'll give ti a few more shots and see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Shelle - that's a large number! I had no idea they could collect so many at once. Fingers' crossed your recipient gets a very soon. I think I KWYM about being in the TWW but not really being in it - a close friend of mine was a embryologist for many years. I remember her first pregnancy (well, not hers, but one she did the fertisiliation etc for) - she was so excited, you would have thought it was hers!

Fish - Have you considered montessori / steiner schools? They'd be much more likely to hear you on your concerns. What is it with clicky groups at playgroup? I've found the same thing at our original playgroup that we started again this term.

I took Koby back to the doctor this morning - more antibiotics. His ears again, and a nasty cough. Hopefully this lot will do the job properly.

I'm feeling really tired / drained / grumpy still. Have started new vitamins and hoping that helps. If I'm not feeling better in a month or so, I'm going to go back to a naturopath. I can just see the $$$$$ though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sam, I was just reading though the active ingrediants to the excema cream we're using at the moment, to check for side effects. On eof the ingredients is sage, which seems to cure everything, including periods that are bloody slow in turing up. Maybe you could google and have a chat to the natropath at your chemist?

No School of that sort in our area, but thanks for the suggestion. I'm sure it'll all be fine and I'm just over agonising as per usual. There is one local school that only has 85 students, so all are mixed classes, so maybe that'd be good, hard to tell, though, cos then you'd have each teacher for 2 years. Or should we go more for the school with 800 students, so heaps of different types of people?

big Hug for Koby!