+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 48 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Fish, that's great that DD is down to one night feed! How is NIck today? They do try to test us on everything don't they?

Koby has woken up cool this morning, so fingers crossed the fever is over. I really don't know what caused it, he has a mild cough that's hardly even worth mentioning. 48 hour fever with not much else. I really hope this is the end of it - we're both completely worn out.

DD is on day 3 of the new job. So far so good...

I had my hair cut yeaterday and it's a disaster. Again. I dont' know whether it's my hair, or the way I explain things but I never end up getting what I'm expecting. This is so bad I'm going to have to ask her to came back and change it. Grrrr. I will have short hair by the time that's done, which wasn't my intention. I'll end up pulling out what's left...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sam, great news that Koby is a little better today, and also that DD is going well with her new job.

We are going a little better. We've had grandma visiting yesterday/today, so that's a nice break.

I'm currently trying to come up with a brilliant idea that I can start my own home business. Preferably become a millionaire without too much effort, work from home mostly and be a bit artistic as well... Nothing's come up yet...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by little_fish View Post
    I'm currently trying to come up with a brilliant idea that I can start my own home business. Preferably become a millionaire without too much effort, work from home mostly and be a bit artistic as well... Nothing's come up yet...
    You and me both, Fish! I'll let you know when I come up with something...

We ended up calling a locum for Koby last night - his temp spiked again, and late yesterday afternoon I noticed something white inside his ear and when I wiped it away, he cried and cried. When I mentioned that to DH he said white foamy liquid had run out of his ear the night before. I really wish he'd told me that the night before!! Turns out Koby's ear canal is infected - has some funny name that I can't remember and wouldn't be able to pronounce even if I could. Antibiotic drops should sort it pretty quickly though. The locum who came out was a woman in her 60's. She was absolutely lovely with Koby, unlike the last grumpy man we had out at night. It's unusual to see woman of that age as doctors, too, as they're of the generation that weren't encouraged to aspire to being more than a teacher or a nurse. What a pity there aren't more, she was gorgeous.

Hope you all have wonderful weekends!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam - I hope Koby is feeling better today. How scary for you. Poor kid. That doesn't sound nice at all. Yes it sounds like you've had some awful weather over there. A bore is certainly a good idea, although I hear they are expensive to put in. A water tank might be a cheaper option.

Fish - good luck with the business idea. I have decided to ask if we can start the playgroup in a couple of months' time and then I can take up any more work if it comes up (just here and there) and leave Blake at childcare for two days for the time being. I registered him at a playgroup last week and have changed his childcare days from Monday and Thursday to Monday and Friday. He also does Music on a Tuesday and swimming on a Saturday so he has a lot on already really. Great news that DD is down to one feed!! Blake is testing us a bit now too. It's hard to know whether to react or not sometimes as the more you react the more they do it.

Shelle - how very kind of you to go through IVF for your friend!! Is Sacha on the cusp of the school year too? Have you decided whether you will start her at prep in two years or wait another year? Blake is due to start three year kinder next year which he will probably do at childcare (at this stage), but the trend seems to be to hold back, so I feel like if I don't, he will really be the youngest in his class when it comes to prep.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam big to you and Koby, hope he is feeling better poor little thing.

Julie, yes Sach's birthday is 1 month before the cut off. I will not be keeping her back unless she really isn't ready, and I'm pretty sure she will be ready. I personally don't believe in holding kids back "just because". I was one of the youngest in my year and the only problem I came across was when I finished year 12 I wasn't old enough to get into the pub!

Fish - when you start that business can I be your Melbourne branch??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Shelle - We had another locum out to see Koby on Sunday - poor poppet's temp went up AGAIN. His ears look ok but they've given him oral anti-biotics this time. So far he seems a little better, but grumpy! We're not enjoying each other's company much today... The fact that it's horribly humid isn't helping much.

Is the cut off in Victoria end of April? I wonder why the federal government doesn't standardise start ages etc - it must get confusing for people moving states whose children have already started school.

Fish - WA branch over here! Though I still haven't come up with any good ideas!

Jules - I wonder if starting them at kindy (which is what the first year of education is called here and it's two days a week) in the year the ed dept says they should is the best idea, then assessing if they're ready to start year 1 in two years time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Dear Sam, poor Koby. I hope the oral stuff does the trick soon. he must be worn out.

I'm thinking Nick will need holding back, and so I've been looking at it in depth here. The cut off here is end of June, so a week after Nick's birthday. And boys are up to a year behind girls by the time they hit highschool, so that would make a very short emotionally insecure boy a very obvious target. DH is extra worried about it because that what's happened to him and it was horrible.

The thing is, here you need the principles permission to hold your kid back, and so if the principal decides that school work is the only important thing to look at, not social or physical development, then you have no choice. So I'm trying to learn the tricks of the trade here. I think it's easier to do in a private school, in fact extremely common to do for boys in some private schools. We were thinking we'd go state schooling, but maybe a mix in the early years will give him the best start. But we'll put him in pre-prep (3.5 to 4.5 y/os) and see how he's fairing at the end of the year before we make final decisions. Do I sound like I've been thinking this to death

Thanks for the business support guys. I feel sure that idea will come to me any day now....

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Got my BFP... What now??

Hi Everyone!
    I'm fairly new to BH. DH and I began TTC at the start of this month and last night I got my BFP!! Tested again this morning and got a positive again! Both really faint lines... but a line's a line, right?? Todays was much darker than last night, too. I'm super excited that it happened so fast! This is the first time I've been PG so I'm not sure what I do next. Do I make an appointment with my GP straigh away or wait a while??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mill, Congratulations on your first BFP! That's lovely news. I always wanted to go to the doctor within the first few weeks of finding out as I wanted to get into a program at the hospital that took limited numbers. Some sorts of care you don't get to have unles you put your name down early. Otherwise doctors like to check your bloods etc. make sure you're all good and healthy and answer any questions you might have for them.

Sam how is Koby going today? any better? Do I remember right he's got bad excema too? I have just found a new cream that's great. It's anti-inflamatory, and all natural products. It's keeping Nick's in check despite this disgusting weather. Let me know if you would like me to send you the details.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Mill! That's wonderful. I made an appointment to see my GP for a referral to a OB when i was around 6 weeks.

Fish - I dont' think you're overthinking the school thing at all. It's a pity that more schools don't listen to parents wanting to do what you're thinking of doing? My cousin's daughter's b'day is md-nov but she was very very young for her age, they wanted to hold her back, school wouldn't let her, she always struggled iwth her peers and also academically, so they put her in a private high school that let her repeat year 7 and she's never looked bakc. Honour roll and student counsel now! Go private if it's something you feel strongly about.

Koby is much much better, thankfully. His excema and the molluscum virus in his skin cleared up just before Christmas. He get's itchy every so often, so we just keep the moisturiser on him every night - so far, so good. If it flares up again I'll get the name of that cream from you.