+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Ladies

Fish - I think a lot of people have issues with Childcare. I only have blake there from 9 to 3. And on the days I'm at home for some reason I'll just take him for the morning and pick him up and bring him home for his nap where I know he sleeps better. Occasional care does three or four hours which might be better. Just look at what suits you. It is tough finding a good one. We are in the process of swapping blake over to another one as we feel he's not being stimulated/entertained enough. He hardly gets taken outdoors, and the new one has the door open all the time with staff inside and out. So he can wonder in and out as he pleases. And they are so much more interactive and involved with the kids, and he will be with some older kids too which I think will be really good for him now at this age. I was always nervous about that before but I think he's ready now.

Sam - my hubby uses a variety of Canon SLRs - 5D, Mark II DS and Mark III. All ridiculously expensive, but it's the L series lenses he uses which make it really expensive.

Shelle - that's great that Sacha is loving childcare so much - where does she go?

Deb - congrats on the scan results!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Jules - those ones certainly are ridiculously expensive! I've just ordered the 500D -it seems to be the best featured amateur camera before getting into the professional ones. I think I got a really good price on it too.

Shelle - good to hear from you! Sounds like you and (ex)DP are handling things well. And Christmas sounds the perfect way to do it. Enjoy your time off too!

Fish - the ask ask, test test thing is completely normal! Koby has taken to saying (VERY loudly) "but WHY, mum?" if he doesn't get what he wants, when he wants.

Koby was sick last night, only his second bout of gastro so he was really scared by it all. Seems to be over the worst of it now, just tired.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hooray, last day before DH is on holidays (or as he phrased it today, his last day when he can slack around and do what he wants.)

I put Nick's name down for one daycare I felt less bad about it after I'd let it sink in for a while, and I feel comfortable that when he's about 3, he'll be able to fend for himself sufficiently. But thanks heaps for your feedback guys, It's so nice to hear it when you're struggling with your mothering style and decisions.

Sam, I hope Koby is feeling much etter. poor little thing. When Nick had it, it really knocked the stuffing out of him for a week or more.

Julie, Blake's daycare sounds lovely. Will he stay in there when you're on maternity leave for #2?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Koby is better now, fish, though it did take a few days for him to stop vomitting, I guess 3 days in total. He must be back to normal now as he's eating so much! This morning he had toast for breakfast. When he finished that he said he wanted breakfast. I said 'you've had breakfast' and pointed to his toast, to which he replied 'no, that's coast, some bekfas now pees'. Apparently it's not breakfast unless it's weetbix! So he had two slices of toast, some weetbix and was looking for a muesli bar within half an hour. All back to normal!

The rest of us got it too, wasn't very nice in our house over the weekend. We had a busy busy weekend planned too, and only managed to do our work dinner on Friday, then it all went down hill from there. All ok now though and looking forward to Christmas.

If I don't get back on here before Christmas, have a wonderful time everyone. Hope Santa spoils you as well as you lovely toddlers and babies. I know he's going to spoil me, so long as Australia Post gets my camera to me on time for me to wrap it and put it under the tree!

:tree:

Merry Christmas!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam, glad to hear you're all better now. I hope Your pressie arrived in time.

Merry Christmas everyonep! i hope it's a really good one for you all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy New Year everyone!

We've just got home from our holiday. It was beautiful, beach most days and very relaxing. Such a pity to come home to all the washing and horrible hot temperatures!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Did anyone go away? Are you back yet Deb?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Sam!! Happy New Year to you too!! I'm so jealous of your holiday! I love Eagle Bay! We didn't go away this year - we're right in the middle of peak wedding photography season. DH and I made a decision today though that we have to get more organised with planning holidays though and make sure we get a good family holiday each year. We decided October is a good time of year for us so we're going to start looking at planning a trip away for this year on the NSW Northern Coast or Qld. We usually use all our leave visiting family so it's time for us to have some time out together.

We had my brother, his wife and my little niece come over for Christmas this year though so we all got to spend Christmas together which was just lovely. Really enjoyed it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jules, Sam, you both sound like you had wonderful relaxing Christmas's.

Jules, it's a great idea to plan to have a fmaily holiday every year, especially while Blake's not in school yet. I can't belive this is our last year before we start with School terms. We're hoping to go over and see the family in Europe one last time before we're restricted to School holiday peak prices.

Sam, I'm loving the photos you're taking with your new camera!

We had a great Christmas, and a lovely beach holiday. This last week has been more turbulant. We painted the bathroom (left over from the bathroom renos we started before DD was born) I came down with a damn infection that was horrible, and landed me in bed for most of 2 days. And DD is struggling with teething, so my plans to teach her how to stop feeding at night went out the window. Still, lovely family times in between all that.

Now i'm already planning our xmas holiday for next year and DD starts her swimming lessons tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam - I too am loving your photos!! You are a natural. Do you shoot in JPEG or Raw format?

Fish - far out I never even thought about how quickly school terms will be upon us. I can't believe it's your last year? I don't think we need to worry for a good couple of years yet. At least!! I wonder why it's so different. We too have considered the idea of Europe in September - not much of a family holiday though as it's always so hectic when we go over. I thought when newborn is four or five months old would be a good time before he/she gets too mobile. Easier to manage!

Where are you planning next Christmas's holiday?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Fish! That sounds like a nasty infection - I hope you're feeling better now? But sounds like a lovely holiday - nothing beats the beach for relaxing!

Thanks for the comments about the photos! Jules - JPEG but I don't really understand the difference - I need to do a course! Top of my list tomorrow morning is to contact the Tafe centres and see what's available.

We've got two years til school starts due to Koby being born in July. Blake would go to school same year as Koby if you lived over here Jules, not sure about Victoria's start date. Actually, it won't matter which method Vic uses, I think they'll go to school the same year - Kindy in 2012.

We're hoping to find a way to move to where we holidayed. It might have to be a gradual thing, getting the business established down there then running it entirely from there in time. We're ready for a change. So next Christmas maybe we won't want to go on holiday because we'll be living in paradise already?

Having said that a friend asked us today if we were interested in spending New Year 2011 in Costa Rica with her! I said Absolutely, if we win lotto in the mean time! Our first big O/s holiday will be a tour through the US once our business has recovered from the GFC. And we've been talking about spending 3 months in Tassie, hiking with the boys. But it all comes back to the mighty $ unfortunately.