+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 48 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    fish, apparently most women have cysts but don't know it and more pop up during pregnancy with all the hormones. the early pregnancy doc said they wouldn't even operate if it was 10cm! not sure if its thyroid related, i don't think so.
    i'm looking forward to 25 degrees! i'll be in nz for 6 out of the next 9 weeks of summer.

if it makes you feel any better, caleb sounds just like nick. since his little sister came along he just ignores you if he doesn't want to obey. selective hearing! must be the terrible twos as well (got to blame it on something. )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Fish - lots of to you. I"m having a bit of a yucky week too, probably hormonal. It's hard to deal with a 2 yo when you're feeling low, isn't it? Koby is much the same, seems to be ignoring me all the time, but i do wonder if it's his ears being blocked with wax. Yesterday was hideous, massive tantrums, me having to say everything 5 times, both of us were in tears. I guess some of it is to do with the age / phase, but I don't like it one little bit!

Deb - hope the cyst doesn't give you any more trouble. Are you still feeling well? Is the thyroid issue settling down now?

If i didn't exercise, I think I wouldn't cope with everything that has happened this year. It's the only time I have to myself, beyond working, so I'm kinda selfish about it. Its very rare that I miss my designated time at the gym as I know I'm always calmer / happier after I've been. What I'm doing is survival, nothing to be in awe of at all, but thanks for saying that anyway . I'm in awe of your Olympic distance tri, Fish. I live in hope that one day I'll be fit enough to do one in a time that isn't completely embarrassing.

we've been to gymbakids and the beach this morning - was beautiful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks for your supportive words guys.

10cm Deb!!?? That sounds huge. I don't think it's got to do with DD, as it's new this week, and his friend who is so far an only child, is doing the same sort of thing. but

right back at you Sam. Hormones and a 2y/o are hard core aren't they. The triathlon seems like a lifetime ago. back before i'd given my fitness up for children. And I didn't do them fast! The second one I had to walk half of the run leg. I think it's far more impressive to be exercising with 3 kids around you demanding your time. I must get better at taking time for myself.

Yey for the weekend, now if only it would rain....

Thanks
    Reviews
    fish, my cyst (if its even still there!) is only tiny, i was just saying that they don't even bother to operate on them, even if they are as big as 10cm. i guess they are just so normal that they don't worry. docs must be able to tell the difference between that and a cancerous tumour??

anyway, isaac is in bed so time to watch harry potter. yes we are old farts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone,

Deb- you must be off on holiday soon? Have a great Christmas with your families!

With cysts they are generally non-cancerous, non threatening by nature, they're fluid filled. A tumour shows up as a dense white spot - like mine. Then a blood test will show tumour markers, which I don't (thankfully!) So don't worry .

Fish - slow or not, that length tri is full on. I'll get there one day, one day... Time for ourselves is definitely something in short supply isn't it? The gym really is the only time I have, and as the scary spin instructor yelled at me this morning "this is YOUR time, YOUR membership, Sam. Do NOT back off". Got me moving damn quick, I tell you!

Jules - how's the TT going? I think Koby is done, night time too, which was entirely unintentional. He's still wearing a nappy but that's really only just incase. Maybe one wet nappy in the last week or so. I'm very very surprised about that bit.

What sort of camera does your DH use? I'm about to buy a DSLR, just need a bit of a shove in the right direction, I guess. I'm looking at a Canon EOS 500D at the moment, it's a bit $$$ though. I'd love to have one. My dream is to one day stop what i'm doing work wise and make some money through photography - it's probably just a dream though, but I'll have fun in the meantime.

Shelle - we haven't heard from you in a while, hope all is well with you and Sasha? How's things going with (ex)DP? Will Christmas be difficult, do you think? to you.

I'm finally getting my christmas shopping done, and starting to get organised. Christmas eve here with my family, then DH's family for Christmas lunch. Slowly getting into the Christmas spirit! Koby is really aware of it all this year, and loves to stop and look at Santa in the shops. This afternoon we're going to try to get a photo with the big kids (no way he'll sit there without them!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam, my Dh has one of the first Canon EOS digitals, and it's a great camera. My Dad has a later model and is in love with it. But yes they're a bucket load aren't they. Well done Koby! We're nappy free nights here too, very surprising, but it's so hot it's much nicer really. We managed our first wee on a toilet without a toddler seat at playgroup this morning, and that was the last difficult frontier, so all go. Do you know if you can get size 2-3 boxers?

I'm researching kindy/childcare for next year. It makes me very uncomfortable, but everyone of his peers that I know is in some sort of care. I think it's not fair to him if he has no experience too. But to find someting that suits when I've been so against it for so long... I'm really struggling!

Do Childcare centres mind if you don't do the long day with them? Just do 9-3 or something? Or is that cruel to the kids to take them out before the end of the day. I obviously have issues don't i

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fish, i think some family day places you can pay by the hour but i'm sure that you'll have to pay for the full day at ABC etc. even for a few hours. So up to you when you take them out i guess. i'm with you, i wish they did half days.

We are off tomorrow night to NZ, just me and Isaac. DH will follow next week. i have a lot of last minute packing to do tonight!

Just had our 12 week scan this afternoon, everything looks perfect. they couldn't give me my risk for DS because my blood results weren't back yet but seems to be ok. The lady said 70% girl!

have a great christmas everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fish - well done Nick! Clever little boys aren't they? I don't know about the boxers, I've never seen any. Will have to keep a look out. As for the daycare - I have Koby in from 9-3 and only pay for that, but that's family daycare. Surely some of the centres would do 1/2 days? I have issues, too, Fish - you're not alone there!

Have fun Deb! Yay for the girl bits, I didn't realise they can tell anything at 12 weeks!
    And Merry Christmas to Isaac from Koby! :tree:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys! Long time no see! Glad to hear everyone is well.

Congrats Deb on your pregnancy, sounds promising that it's a she!

We're going well, very excited about two weeks annual leave over the christmas period!

DP moved out this week. It's a bit strange, because we decided to break up so long ago, but couldn't actually separate for logistical reasons, we're still in the habit of calling each other a lot and discussig everything, so it doesn't really feel like we have broken up... I guess that will change slowly. We will spend christmas together as if we hadn't broken up, he will stay with us christmas eve and we will do the family things together... it just seemed to make sense to do it that way rather than try and do something complicated.

Sach is pretty much toilet trained now, although she still gets a bit distracted and forgets to go sometimes, so still wearing nappies quite a bit. She absolutely LOVES her new childcare, she asks to go every day. The centre she is at is really really good, they had some dramas with rest time as Sach generally refuses to lie down, let alone sleep, without a huge fight, but these days she apparently doesn't even cry, just does it. If only I were able to recreate that at home! Night times are getting better for us now, I can put Sach to bed and leave the room and she will go to sleep eventually, usually after coming out about 5 times... but that's still better than having to lie with her for hours.

Hope you and your gorgeous families all have lovely christmases and new years and I will try and chat a bit more next year! xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting Deb!! I also thought you had to be at least 16 weeks before they could tell. I hope you had a good flight, and Merry Christmas! I hope Santa's good to you and your bump.

Shelle, great to hear from you. It sounds like you are doing really well, especially considering the huge changes you are going through. Sach sounds like she's all grown up. How wonderful that she's loving her childcare.

Thanks Sam, it's nice to know I'm not the only one with issues I am really struggling though. I am just not quite ready to let go, how bad is that! After many tears and much thought I've decided that I'll definitely get him a place by mid next year, then he'll have a little bit of institutionalisation up his sleeve for pre-prep 2011. But I get a few more months with my baby first. That said he's driving me batty half the time these days it's chatter chatter, ask ask, test test...

Not so great a night between them last night I think I must have been up half a dozen times