+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Fish - can't believe DD is nearly 8 months already. Where does the time go? Although saying that, I can't believe I'm nearly five months pregnant already either.

Deb - yes I have a couple of baby carriers I can use. Perhaps I'll see how that goes.

Sam - glad Koby enjoyed the Wiggles concert!! I should have taken Blake. Although we're not big on tv here so he's never really watched it - just thought he'd be too wriggly to sit still for that long.

I'm having the family here for dinner on christmas day for the first time - pressure!! Oh what to cook? What's everyone else making?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fish - haven't done the photo yet as have been sick with a cold all week and I look a bit like rudolph at the moment. Not very glamorous. Will hopefully do it on the weekend!

Does anyone use a foam change mat with cover? Do you wash the foam? If so how? I took the cover off the foam today and it has discoloured.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah just posted a nice long post and then it crashed.

Julie, I haven't lokoked at the cusion in our change mat in a long time, and not sure i really want to either. how bad am i? I can't believe you're 5 months already. wow. I hope you're starting to feel a bit better.

I think we'll have our main meal with my parents, so i'll just do a fancy-ish breaky. not sure what. I asked DH and his only suggestion was chocolate. We tend to do the cold salad with warm meat option as it's usually horribly hot on xmas day.

Tonight i'm cooking my first curry. well, second actually. my first i cooked by putting the curry paste in until it looked right (rather than tasted right) and then i fed it to two blokes who were both trying to impress me at that stage. They both ate it, with tears ********* down their faces. But one never let me cook anything for him again, and the other married me and never stopped paying me out about it. . This time I at least read the instructions on the jar. Nick keeps on telling me i'm cooking a carrot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by little_fish View Post
    Tonight i'm cooking my first curry. well, second actually. my first i cooked by putting the curry paste in until it looked right (rather than tasted right) and then i fed it to two blokes who were both trying to impress me at that stage. They both ate it, with tears ********* down their faces. But one never let me cook anything for him again, and the other married me and never stopped paying me out about it. . This time I at least read the instructions on the jar. Nick keeps on telling me i'm cooking a carrot.
    Love this story, Fish -really funny! Cooking - a good way to separate the men from the boys!

Jules - if it's foam, just hand washing it in the laundry sink should be ok I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    sam, my mum has been on her own for almost 30 years now. i guess with 3 kids the time passed and now she's quite happy by herself.

fish, i've already had 2 scans to check for ectopic & then a follow up so next scan is at 12 weeks. yes we will definitely find out the sex! we are off to nz next thurs so will just fit the scan in next wed. i would still love to move back, but DH doesn't want to so we are in negotiations.
    how did the curry go?

jules, my change mat is covered in plastic, then i put a towelling cover over that. quite good having the plastic because its protected from poo explosions and vomit! we will be in nz for christmas so looking forward to gran's cooking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deb - my foam mat is covered in plastic too. It would be gross without it - haha. It's just the foam discolouring I think. As it does with age. Good luck with the negotiations and your 12 week scan. Gran's cooking sounds lovely!! Yum yum.

Fish - how did the curry go - funny story.

Sam - did you end up deciding to go to your FIL's for Christmas?

How's everyone going with the toilet training. Not much to report here. Feel so bad we still haven't had two seconds to take a photo of my bump but life is hectic these days. We got so many of Blake. DH is working full time plus shooting weddings at the weekends so life is crazy here at the moment. Poor guy is getting quite tired.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Julie, you sound so busy. Will your DH take much paternity leave from work and photography? The toilet training is going well. although we had two accidents on Friday, which was a bit of a surprise, he's been so good. We took the potty camping with us, and he loved being able to use it. We're still not up to using toilets in the shops though. me as much as him. How's your cold going? are you over the morning sickness now? Are you getting very tired yet?

The curry went ok. Still too hot for the kids to eat, but yummy for us. I'll try again this week.

Deb how lovely to have so many scans. do you still have pain? I guess you saw the heartbeat at your last scan. What date have they given you? How are you feeling. Are you and Isaac flying by yourselves again? You're so brave to fly solo.

We put the christmas tree up yesterday. I loe this time of year

Ay good suggestions for what I can guide Nick to buy for DD for xmas? I want him to start learning how to give this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deb - how exciting to find out! I can't believe how quickly both yours and Jules pregnancies are going, but then it's not me with the ms! How long are you going to NZ for Deb? Isaac must be so good on the plane by now. Do you need to purhcase a separate seat for him now?

Fish - camping sounds fun. We haven't done any since Koby was born, we really should just do it. We've got the Taj Mahal of tents that our friends use more than we do! We haven't put our tree up yet, will tomorrow night when DS comes home from his fathers. Maybe you could just guide Nick in the right direction at a toy store, and let him pick? DD will probably get something Nick likes, but it's all a learning experience I guess!

Jules - you do sound so busy! Are you still working too? Yes, Christmas is at the FIL's. We did ask him to have it here, just to try to make things slightly easier by having a different location, but he really wants to have it at home.

Koby is going really well on the toilet training, he's had 4 dry nights in a row. I don't think that he'll be dry from now on though, I'm surprised he's dry any nights at all actually. We'll stick with the night nappies for a while.

I did boot camp at the gym on saturday - OMG. I get indigestion so felt like i was going to be sick most of the class. It is so so hard. I thought I was getting quite fit, but this class is very humbling! We were doing things like squat jumps onto a platform while holding dumbells; running on the spot while holding a 10kg bar bell over head, and I don't know how many push ups I must have done. I'm a bit stiff and sore today!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jules, no TT here. we are waiting until we come back from nz finally in Feb. i'm not looking forward to it!!

Fish, no more pain. it was really weird, the pain was at 3am 3 Saturdays in a row! but seems to be related to a cyst, which could be the corpus luteam. all normal, i think they will give me a scan 6 weeks after birth to check on it.
    yip i'm flying solo to nz, DH will come the week after so he doesn't have to take so much leave. isaac is pretty good, he loves to read books and i've got a portable dvd player which i hope i can figure out how to work! there will be no flying solo with 2 though! my sister and i will be doing 3 between the two of us in feb so that will be interesting.

sam, yip isaac has his own seat. you have to pay for an extra one from 2 years. i usually hold him on my knee for take off and landing though. i'm in nz for 3 weeks, then back in aust for 3 weeks, then in nz for 3 weeks for my sisters wedding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deb, that's so good that you feel better now. is the cyst serious? is it related to the thyroid thing? Very envious of your upcoming trip to somewhere colder than here.

Sam well done on the exercise again. I'm very much in awe of you. I never managed to pick up the running again since we got back from NZ. And I'm paying for it. feeling so drained today and suffering from depression a little. maybe it's PMS again. if so I'm not very impressed. (well, considering i'm feeling down i'm not very impressed anyway ).

How's Koby doing these days. Nick has suddenly turned into a very naughty little boy. deliberately disobeying me and turning away when you talk to him. hope it doesn't last long, what a hideous phase! Although he's also a little angel at other times, luckily.