+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Ladies

Fish - not looking forward to the exhaustion of looking after two! You poor thing. Air con sounds great. Have you got the two kids in the same room? Do they sleep ok together? Can I ask what pram you bought to transport the two? Am also thinking that rather than getting the baby bath out again, perhaps I should get a seat or something to put in the big bath so they can bath together. Did you do something similar?

Deb - Isaac sounds so cute. The dvd player for the plane sounds like a great idea.

Sam - I would definitely set all my settings on facebook to private (including photo albums etc to friends only).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Fish

Yay for air conditioners! We've only had one hot day here so far, last tuesday, but give me another month and I'll be whingeing.

Catch up was good, how funny that we all had boys within 3 weeks of each other. And I think that the other girl we spent a lot of time with in year 10 has a boy born in 2007 as well...

I hope your dreams come true Fish, I'd love to come and visit!

DD sounds so independent with her eating - she's probably watching Nick and you and DH and thinking to herself, 'I'll have none of that soft stuff, I want what they have!" I have to say that it's been easier with each child - it must be because they see another little person eating.

Deb -hope you're feeling much better?

Julie - my settings are all private, and photo albums are not even friends only, just selected friends. I was thinking about making my profile invisible - which means I won't come up when searched for at all. But hopefully this guy will just quietly go away now that i've ignored his friend requests several times.
    How are you feeling? How many weeks are you now? It seems like its going so quickly.

Shelle - how are you and Sacha? All well I hope?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam - catch up sounds great! Wow only one hot day so far!! It's been boiling hot over here but thankfully it has cooled down again now and give us some relief.

Fish - maybe you do have PMS! Is DD feeding less at night now she's on solids? Perhaps that is the reason? Sounds like she is a good eater. I've been thinking that with this bub we'll do the baby led weaning and forget the purees. We did a bit of both with Blake and he's such a good eater - well most of the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam I hope my dream comes true too... although not the part where we all (your DD and Corey were there too) had to run away from the scarey dog.

Jules, it's not necessairly harder with two. I'm finding DD so easy compared to DS, but some of my friends had their easy child first. But DS was a nightmare with solids, he just hated anything with any texture for so long. still does really. and I thought he was fairly baby led weening.. I fed him to 18 mths. go figure. they all do their own thing don't they. My cycle returned at 9 mths with DS, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was PMS. doing better this week so far.

Pram wise I got the skateboard for our buggaboo. It works well. If Nick wants to sit, I wrap DD, otherwise he gets to choose between walking and skateboard. By now we mostly just wrap and walk if it's just shopping, he's more interested in pushing the pram than being on or in it most of the time. Bath wise we have no bath, so we use the baby bath in the shower once a week, and they both sit in it. It's cosy, but it works. Otherwise they both have a shower with DH. DD was sitting at 3 mths, so we didn't bother with a bath seat.
    How are you going with the heat and all? have you got much of a bump yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam - I am 20 weeks now. Time certainly is flying - crazy!! We had our 19 week scan last week - kept the gender as a surprise though - tempting as it was to ask.

Fish - skateboard sounds good. I'm wondering too whether to not worry about another pram and to just use a baby carrier. And then get a twin stroller perhaps down the track if I see the need. We do like to go on walks near the river though so am also thinking of a twin mountain buggy (have a single now) if I see one at a good price on ebay. DD does sound like an easy bub. Sitting at three months is very good. Is she crawling now?

Yes I certainly do have a bump. DH is going to take a photo for me tonight so I'll put it on facebook after.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooh exciting, did you put your photos up yet Jules? No she's not crawing yet, she'd love to though. I think it won't be too much longer. but then again she's 8 months next week, so that'sabout average I think. Yes we only have enough room to put both kids in one room. They like it. They are happy to fall asleep while the other is crying in the bed right beside them (which surprises me a bit considering how we used to have to creep out of the room for Nick to stay asleep). They seem to like the company though. and it's easier for me, cos I only have one room to sit in while settling them both.

Big deal for us today: our first nappy free day sleep, and dry sheets!! I am such a proud mummy. and not a moment too soon, as his bum is a mess of heat rash, and he's terrified of the aircon . Now to learn to use the toilet without a toddler seat so we can go out without nappies. any tips Sam?

Has anyone got a good plain biscuit recipe?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Fish - that's fantastic about a dry day time nap! We're still using a potty so no tips from me unfortunatley. Yesterday, Koby couldn't find his potty (I think one of the kids had closed the toilet door) so he wee'd in an esky that was sitting in the laundry. Not really a proud mummy moment but at least he didn't have an accident I guess!

We've just come back from seeing the Wiggles concert. It was heaps of fun, Koby was so overwhelmed by it that he sat still for over an hour, with eyes as big as saucers!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam, its all i've ever known just living with mum so not difficult. it must have been so hard on mum though with a 1, 4 & 6 year old all by herself. still, better to have no dad than a useless one. and it means we all have a really close relationship with our grandparents.

i'm slowly getting better, should be all good in another week i reckon.

jules, do you have a baby carrier? maybe for the first few months you could still have blake in the pram. i'm sure you'll work something out.

fish, well done on the sleep. we are into it in feb...too many trips until then. i'll only be in aust for 3 weeks in jan before going back to nz for 3 weeks! crazy, then it will be march. eeek...this baby is coming a bit fast!!

we just went for a walk around the block to look at the lights. isaac was so excited! will have to go in the other direction tomorrow night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deb - I agree wholeheartedly with that - better absent than one that causes grief! Your mum is obviously a very strong lady. Does she have a partner now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by samh1706 View Post
    Yesterday, Koby couldn't find his potty (I think one of the kids had closed the toilet door) so he wee'd in an esky that was sitting in the laundry.
    What a clever, if inconvenient solution.

Deb, that's great news that you're on the mend. how many weeks are you now? will you find out if it's a boy or girl this time? do you have a dating scan coming up? You were talking before about moving back to NZ before you had a second, is tht still on the cards? The holidays sound fantastic. I wish we could go back there again.

IT's december! time for a few xmas icons :tree: