+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Looks great Fish! The folks have decided to buy him a push along trike (which they got for a bargain) so we'll go with that for now. You'll have to let me know how the balance bike goes though. Am curious.

Belly is certainly doing lots of growing and moving!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone

I couldn't post last week - did anyone else have the same problem?

We've had a big weekend (by our standards anyway) - neice's b'day party on Saturday, engagemetn party Saturday night, cricket on Sunday, then out to a friends for dinner last night. Feeling very weary today.

Koby is pretty much toilet trained, though he did have an accident last night. He somehow managed to get his pull up off... we haven't had an accident during the day for a week now I think.

Is anyone ready for Christmas? I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by it all and want to stick my head in the sand. I think it's probably because this will be the first one since DH's mum passed away and it'll be hard for everyone. We've suggested we have it at ours this year, but FIL wants it at his place where it always is. I'm worried that having it there will be too hard on him, and everyone else for that matter. MIL was the centre of Christmas, always in the kitchen, alwasy fussing over us all, the giver of beautiful gift bags that she spent all year on. DH and I were thinking it's going to be really hard no matter what we do but it might be slightly easier to do something different so we're not constantly expecting her to emerge from the kitchen with a plate of food.

We are going down south after christmas this year, we didn't last year, and decided we would never miss it again. So looking forward to it. Is anyone else going away?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your post did make it through sam!

Christmas can be very hard. I'd do it at FIL's place though if he wants it there. Maybe he wants to do it to show to himself and your MIL's memory that you are all coping ok?

So warm here today I can barely think. On the latop as DH "upgraded" our computer into non-working status last night

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, what do you know?! My IE froze just like last week so I assumed it hadn't worked again.

Yeah, we'll definitely do what FIL wants, as he's the most important one in this situation, but I'm worried he's taking on too much.

It's cold here today, I've just put a jumper on.

I love the 'upgraded to non-working status'! Was that from software updates? We had a Norton update last week that prevented any of us from accessing the internet at all. Helpful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone

not much happening here. just the usual.
    i think i'm much sicker than with isaac...but not sure if that's because i'm looking after a 2 year old this time. or maybe its a pink one!!

fish, my computer is so slow but i don't dare do anything to make it "faster"! by the way, you are very welcome for a swim anytime.

sam, its 35 deg here tomorrow. hot hot hot! i can't imagine putting a jumper on.
    we are going to nz for christmas.:tree: then going again in feb for my sister's wedding. isaac and caleb are going to be page boys.

jules, hope you are feeling well. i can't wait to get past this sickness!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hotty hotty today, as nick tells me.

Deb I almost texted you this morning to see if we could come over, but I think Im too weary from last night to do the drive. Have a nice swim for me though! How many weeks now? did you get the next u/s yet? Your poor thing with the morning sickness. I have good girl vibes for you, although not because of the morning sickness. I don't trust that anymore after my friend had very very bad morning sickness with the second, and non for her first, and the ended up with two boys who could have been identical twins for the first few months of their lives (except for being born 2 years apart)

Well done Koby!! I'm a teensy bit jealous. Although Nick is doing very well. No more accidents if he's naked, and I think he's starting to get the hang of undies now too. I ordered some brolly sheets so when they come i'll be ready to do sleep times too. (hopefully nick is too)

julie, when's your big scan? the trike sounds great. i'll post before explorer crashes again

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's raining here today! Huge downpour at school pick up time, I'm wearing trackies! We're not normally colder than the easern states, so I'm not complaining!

Deb - morning sickness is supposed to be a sign all is good - lots of hormones racing around. Not much comfort when you're looking after a 2 yo though, is it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deb - I think the morning sickness felt worse for me this time round, but then I wonder if it's because I had to look after DS that it felt worse, if you know what I mean. It will be over before you know it (I hope). I've been feeling fine lately. Just getting tired. Am starting to get a bit more strict with earlier nights as I tend to sit up a bit later than I should.

Fish & Sam - sounds like you boys are doing well with their potty training!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam your weather sounds lovely! we ae seriously thinking of getting an airconditioner. I've been holding out for environmental reasons, but it's not fair on Nick who itches badly everytime he sweats. I'm afraid I'm going to have to choose my childs health over the environment.

Speaking of health, we had a major vomiting session here with Nick in the middle of the night. It's our first major one. We went through 3 loads of laundry, towels, sheets, pyamas etc. Thank goodness it's summer! I realised I didn't really know any tricks for looking after him. Anyone got any good tips for minimising the damage, while still keeping them comfortable?

He slept in this morning and when he did wake up he trotted in to me and said "did you want some bwekawy (aka breaky)?" so he seems to be good today, although we're staying home from playgroup just in case. I'm guessing it was something he ate or dehydration.

How's Blake doing these days Jules?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fish - I'm amazed you've coped without a/c. We have evaporative and I'm so glad for it as Blake's room is upstairs and gets really warm towards the end of the day. The only vomiting session we've had with Blake is when he was seven months and had gastro! He wouldn't stop vomiting so the nurse advised (I phoned her) we try and get him back to sleep to stop him from throwing up as he was dry reaching and choking. Was awful.

Blake is going really well thanks. He seems to be enjoying childcare, although gets a bit tired by the end of the day as he only has just over an hour's kip there whereas at home he has two and a half to three hours. And with all the stimulation!! Sometimes it's hard to settle him at the end of the day he's so wound up. He's always been like that though - very easily over stimulated. He is still not talking heaps but is really trying and is really getting into nursery rhymes which is cute.