+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hmm Julie, you're probably right, but I'm dead keen to get him out of nappies before the heat gives him heat rash and eczema acroos his bottom again this year. I feel like I really should at least give him a chance to try.

How are you feeling? How many weeks are you? have you decided if you'll find out the sex this time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hey everyone

fish, i'm feeling pretty good. i wasn't sick at all last time. i'm just tired but what's new?! last night i didn't get to sleep until 2.30am and then Isaac woke at 5am. my body just doesn't know how to sleep anymore. at least i'll be semi-prepared for feeding all night when the baby arrives! due 1st july.

we're not TT until jan/feb because we'll be in nz for christmas. maybe i could send Isaac over then and you could do two at once?

julie, april will be here before you know it! have you told blake yet?

i hope isaac decides to love me a little less next year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Hey Fish - why do you think Nick will be resistant? They do show signs of being ready - the biggest one is taking a nappy off when it's full, if they don't like how it feels, they'll be keen to get rid of them! I know what you mean about the excema, too, Koby's has been terrible lately, poor thing.

Koby is going well, a couple of accidents a day, but on the way to the potty. We're going to start a star chart and see if that helps with the motivation. He hasn't worn a nappy during the day for 4 days, and funnily enough, he's never wet during his day nap.

Deb - Isaac will distance himself from you little by little as he gains independence. Koby is doing that ATM, he's really a dad's boy at the moment. Bit sad, but normal. And of course it's me he wants when he's hurt or sad.

Julie - how are you feeling? How many weeks are you now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

Fish - I am all for toilet training as and when they are ready, but I do understand you wanting to avoid another summer of nappy rash. I just heard that they have to understand the sensation and have the ability to hold on first is all.

Sam - sounds like Koby is doing really well. Blake is really into his Dad at the moment too. In fact in moments of excitement, even when his dear father is at work, he will yell out Daddy!! I even witnessed him do this at child care the other day while playing in the sandpit, before he'd even noticed I'd arrived. (I love sneaking in and watching him playing).

Deb - I've found that I wasn't sleeping so well during the first trimester - only straight after dinner on the couch!! Haha. That's when my morning sickness was the worst.

I am fifteen weeks now - can you believe it? It all just happened so quickly and with me not finding out until I was six weeks, well it's just flying by. It's amazing how differently you feel second time round. In fact we've only just started telling a lot of people. I told playgroup today for the first time - not that it's possible to hide anymore. I look about five months pregnant. Am feeling quite good now, except for a nasty virus I had last week which put me to bed for a good two to three days. Bub is moving lots too which is amazing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Julie - that's wonderful you can feel it moving already! I agree, it's totally differnet the second time (and the third ), and I think perhaps we're more in tune so we notice things earlier. I had to laugh when you said about falling asleep on the couch straight after dinner - I used to do that too! I'd be asleep in seconds I reckon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, 15 weeks already Jules. That's amazing. and wonderful that you can feel it already.

Sam how's koby and the potty going? I was thinking of going undie shopping with Nick this arvo maybe. He doesn't get a chance to take off his poopy nappys. It's usually so obvious he's done one. But I think he also doesn't mind how they feel. So probably he's not ready. We'll see. He went up a level in swimming this morning. Now he'll be swimming without us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Fish - Koby is doing well, sometimes he's going already as he's trying to get his shorts and jocks off, but there's improvement everyday. Buying new jocks was a bit incentive for him. And I'm thinking of using a reward system with a matchbox car to encourage him to do pooh on the potty, as he usually waits til he has a nappy on because we've gone out or something (he still only goes every 2-3 days).

Thanks
    Reviews
    We caught a poo!! I'm so irrationally excited

We bought undies this morning and he had tried half of them on in the first 10 minutes after getting home

Thanks
    Reviews
    hey everyone

fish...wow a poo!! can you imagine getting excited about that 3 years ago. well done.

sam, we had a toilet training guru come to our mothers group and she recommended sticker charts. little boxes of smarties are good too.

jules - 15 weeks!! its so nice to get past that first semester. i think i'll look bigger sooner this time around as well...i think after the first there aren't too many stomach muscles left to hold it all in!

well we had dramas here this morning. i woke up at 2am with really intense pain...much worse than my labour with isaac. i couldn't find a comfortable position and almost vomited with the pain. we loaded isaac into the car and got to the hospital at 3am. any other child would be grumpy at that hour but of course our night owl was running around looking at everything in emergency. we had to stop him shrieking in delight in the kids area, in respect for other people and their emergencies. anyway, we finally got home at 6am and they thought there was a slight chance of ectopic pregnancy. so we've had a scan and everything looks ok with the baby, but i have excess fluid where its not supposed to be so we'll have another scan next week.

so an exciting start to the weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How scarey Deb! How are you feeling now, does it still hurt? How far along did the scan say you were, was there a heartbeat yet?

How is Isaacs eating these days? Are your troubles there all a distant memory?