+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thumbs up Potty Progress!

Hi everyone!

We;ve had a bit of progress with the potty over the weekend - and the penny has dropped! Koby knew what it was for but getting the timing right was a bit tough - but this morning he woke up and said, 'need to use the potty, Mum' and then almost filled it! We have to be really quick when he's finished because he then picks it up and well, you can imagine what happens then! Anyhoo - no more nappies while we're at home I think!

Hope you all had wonderful weekends. We had a beautiful lunch at a friend's house yesterday - he's a chef so it was amazing food. Pity the weather was so cold, but looks to be heating up this weekend nicely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello everyone

we've had grandparents staying for the school hols so i've been in relaxing mode! we even sent isaac up to the sunshine coast with DH's parents for 3 days. it was very strange being able to do whatever i wanted (which included a very long bath every morning).

sam, great news with the toilet training!! we're not even trying with isaac because we're going to nz for christmas and i don't want to have to worry about it on the plane. imagine a 2 year old wanting to go to the toilet when you have to stay seated for take off?!! well done with the gym, you'll be a skinny minnie in no time

wow fish, 6 months! i think the days go slow with a baby but when you look back its gone fast. my sister is finding it hard with 2 but she's going really well with the bfing. she never had any pain at all.

i'm in the middle of my first 2 week wait!! bit scary but i'll have 9 months to get used to it. we are trying for a girl so might have missed the dates but will see what happens.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Deb, sounds like you had a lovely well deserved break. Bliss! So you're TTC again? How exciting! So not fair that I"m on the other side of Australia to you all - all these babies and I can't cuddle them!

Julie - how are you going? Have you started the new job yet?

Fish - The last six months have gone so quickly. Well from my perspective anyway! How about yours?

The toilet training is still going though with slightly less enthusiasm than Monday. The novelty has worn off and we've had a few accidents when he's been too busy / involved in what he's doing to go to the toilet. All normal I guess.

Shelle - how are you and Sach? Is all still going well with DP and the pending separation?

The weight loss has slowed - damn that chocolate! And we've got another weekend away this weekend, so that will be a challenge. Fitting into some of my smaller summer clothes has been really nice though - losing a little is great motivation to lose some more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam, yip we're officially TTC but could take a while. i'm still breastfeeding and have a 6 week cycle...and we're trying to time things for a girl!! we're not in a hurry though, even though i would love to get pregnant Isaac is still a handful!

Julie, do you think you timed things for a pink one?

We were up at 3 today so we are a bit tired this afternoon. Looking forward to bed time.

Hi Fish, Shelle

Thanks
    Reviews
    eek!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh My Goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's something in the water over there!

Congrats Deb! Nice work! And don't worry, you have 9 months to come to terms with it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh wow Deb!! That didn't take you long!! A huge congratulations to you!! Sending you lots of girl vibes!!

The month we fell pg we decided to give ttc a break 'cos of my sinus issues and pending ear operation, so no we weren't 'timing things' for a girl!! Ha ha. We are truly happy with either a girl or boy though! I think it would be absolutely lovely for Blake to have a little brother, and I'd be just as happy with a little sister for him. Having a boy so far has been really good fun though.

The last job only lasted two weeks - haha. I'm only contracting though so I can't hold anyone to anything. I just charged on a daily basis. They stuffed me around and I think just hired me for a busy period really. And now they have someone new starting full time so they don't need me anymore. It's okay though 'cos I don't mind just working here and there. I love the flexibility and the change of scenery. And I'm getting paid well for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks guys.
    we really thought we missed it this month but you just never know!

we will be happy with a little brother for isaac as well so will just see what happens.

julie, as long as you are happy with how the job worked out. sounds like a good plan working here and there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Deb!!! Let's hope the timing is right for a very peacefull easy happy little girl So when would you be due do you think? Has any morning sickness hit yet.

Sam great news on the potty training. I really need to start Nick on it, but I think I'm going to encounter a lot of resistance!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deb - how are you feeling?

Fish - you will know when Nick is ready. Don't they say to wait until they show a few signs of being ready? I think boys usually start later too than girls.