+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've just had my running session with the trainer. It was AWESOME!! So good to have someone running beside me (albeit on a treadmill ) giving me pointers and encouraging me. We did 20 minutes on the treadmill then 10 mins on the cross trainer which I've always avoided coz I don't like it. Apparently, it trains all the right muscles for running without the impact so I'm going to learn to like it! She also gave me new exercises for core strength and re-organised my whole workout to maximise fat burning. So happy with it all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's great Sam. It must be so motivational to have someone like that coaching you. I went for my second run this morning. It went much better than the first one. Mostly I think because I double-bra-ed so it was all a lot more comfy, nothing bouncing down to my knees Any more news on the hospital front?

Deb how's it all going with your Sister? How's Caleb coping with it all?

We're going well. I think the last eye tooth is finally peeking through so hopefully things will improve a bit at night. Nice day at home doing washing and tidying and not vaccuuming today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by little_fish View Post
    I went for my second run this morning. It went much better than the first one. Mostly I think because I double-bra-ed so it was all a lot more comfy, nothing bouncing down to my knees Any more news on the hospital front?
    When I first ran - I realised my maternity bra was not going to cut it and went to Myer and asked for a 'steel reinforced' sports bra! It's a Berlei and it still fits me now even though I've shrunk back to pre baby size cup wise, I've crossed the straps and do it up on the tighest hooks. It's a god send! There are maternity sports bras but I couldn't find any the day I was looking. Running hurts enough as it is, the last thing we need to worry about is black eyes!

How are you feeling today - a bit sore? I was really sore in my hamstrings after wednesday, I guess due to changing my pace from a shuffle to an all out run.

No news on the hosptial front, just waiting for a phone call. It's clearly not considered urgent, which in itsel if very reassuring!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam - what a huge relief for you! Am so glad the results were clear. Sounds like you are doing really well with the training.

Fish - well done on the running too. Blake's eye teeth are all coming through at the moment aswell and we've had a hell of a week. And today he woke with conjunctivitis. Apparently it's all related to the teething!! He doesn't like the eye drops though - poor kid is miserable enough without me having to hold him down to put eye drops in.

Deb - congrats on becoming an Aunt. How is your sister going? It must be a shock when the second arrives. I'm nervous already. Although it would be great for her to have you nearby I'm sure.

We have our scan on Tuesday - trying not too think about it too much actually. Morning sickness hasn't been nice though this week, and with Blake in the wars and hubby not well either - it's been lots of fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Julie, poor Blake! Nick has really struggled with his eye teeth, I hope Blake does better with his. How is he and his Dad going? any better? Have you had your scan? Is it really 12 weeks already? how did it go?

Sam, Berlei is a great brand isn't it? I just have two elastic ones, but together that strap everything so tight that there's no jiggle left.. well not there anyway, turns out there's plenty of other bits that jiggle these days . Still I'm onto my second week and still motivated, so that's good. How are things with DD going at the moment? any better? How's your FIL and DH going?

Deb, any news?

Kyra have you had a scan yet?

We are still doing well. The TV bribe is still working a treat, today he even fell asleep while I was rocking DD (rather than me having to sit on his bed) as he climbs into bed he says, "and you can watch trains after playschool" .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Julie - hope the scan is going well today! How exciting!

Fish - other jiggly bits - tell me about it! I'm finding my motivation is so steady now, which really surprises me. I'm feeling stronger and fitter, and I know I'll SEE the results soon. I did a Pump class last night then ran as well - first time I've managed 20 minutes without walking in a looooong time, then did 10 minutes on the xtrainer. I was so stuffed at the end of it, but ridiculously pleased with myself too. I beat the little mind games that go on when you're tired and can't be bothered - just kept telling myself that nothing hurt too much, i was breathing well, listening to some great music on my ipod - what valid reason did I have to stop? It worked! I can barely walk today, but that's not the point is it?

Hi Deb and Shelle and Kyra - hope you're all well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good good news!! We had our dating scan this morning and there is a little heartbeat!! Huge relief!! And we thought we were about eight weeks, but it turns out we're almost ten weeks!! And we both got girl vibes from the scan so fingers crossed - although we'll be happy with either to be honest.

Fish - what time is trains on? I turned on the tv today and there's a shape program on! I thought playschool was on at 3.30 pm. Do you go running with the pram? Sounds like you're doing very well.

Sam - I'm so impressed with your fitness workouts. You are doing really well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Julie - that's wonderful news! So so so happy for you and DH and Blake!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yey Julie, that's brilliant news (and 2 more weeks closer to the end of the morning sickness too! double bonus!) Would you have a slight preference for a girl? Will you have another scan in 2 weeks?

Playschool is on at 3:05 (or 2 on ABC2) and then trains is 3:30 to 3:40. Nah I'm running in the mornings by myself. I hate running while holding onto things, it makes me so stiff and unnatural. It only takes me about 10-15 minutes to be completely over it, so easy enough to fit in

Sam That's SO good for your work out, well done! You'll look fantastic by summer no worries.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay, Julie that is fantastic news about your scan!!! I'm getting girl vibes for you too

Hope everyone else is well, I'm so impressed by how energetic you all are with the training, I can barely be bothered walking to the kitchen for a cuppa...