+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Julie, you asked ages ago about the development stages. I found them on the Qld govt site, but I didn't save the link, sorry. I agree with Sam, the fussy eating could just be a stage (I'm am currently waiting for Nick to grow out of his... about a year now... ). We've always eaten together, so I'm hoping that in the long run that will show him the right way to eat. He actually ENJOYED coleslaw the other day, our very first crunchy vegies!

Big hugs Sam I hope you have a lovely weekend ahead to distract you. That's wonderful about the training. Are you thinking of lining up a big triathalon to aim for? We are going to a post world Tri series bbq this weekend on the coast. Some friends of ours have come over from Ireland to compete. I don't think we'll watch the race though.

Deb, how's your sis going? Are you an Auntie yet?

We're going ok. The nights are still a bit rough. nothing much to report really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Fish - not a big one, but if all goes well I'd like to do all of the sprint series ones that are run in and around Perth, I thnk there's 5 over summer. I'll start with the baby tri, then hopefully do the pursuit distance for the rest of the season. Then maybe...if my body doens't fall apart in the meantime - I'll have a go at an Olympic distance in March.

Enjoy your weekend and the BBQ with your o/s friend. And good luck to them for the race!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Sam. When I saw my friend, who is the one I used to do triathlons with back before Nick, I felt so motivated. She kept on with the triathlons (even did a half ironman a few weeks ago) while I stopped and had two kids. She just looks GORGEOUS! I am determined to get my act into gear, especially since the kilos are taking longer to fall off this time. still got 10 to get back to pre DD weight or 5 to get back to pre Nick weight.

Just had a great win with Nick too. His behaviour for day sleeps has been getting worse and worse and more and more procrastination. So now if he doesn't behave he's not allowed to watch trains after playschool. flat out bribery I know, but second day of trying this and IT WORKED!! no tantrums, no procrastinating or anything just half an hour of good behavior and waiting to fall asleep. Ah bliss

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Fish! That's not bribery, that's negotiation! Very valid parenting technique. And it clearly works!

Wonderful to hear you're motivated again! The kilos do take longer iwth each child I think, for lots of reasons. We're so busy with two that there is little time for exercise or even to really think about what we eat. Do you have a double pram?

I'm feeling pretty motivated today too - woke in a foul mood so went to the gym early, worked my BUTT off in Spin class then did upper body weights straight after. Worked a treat. Too tired to be stressed but feeling like I would do it all again tomorrow morning, if that makes any sense at all? I'm finding that the positive effect on my stress levels is amazing.

My appointment is this afternoon - something I've managed to avoid thinking about too much until now. No point wasting time and worrying about something I can't control I guess.

Julie - how are you feeling? All is well?

Kyra - how about you? All good for you too I hope?

Deb - News? How's Isaac's sleep-ins - I hope he's decided that anything before 6am is waaaay too early again.

Koby is good with 7am being time to get up, most days he doesn't even wake til then but he's back in our bed of a night. Soon as he learnt to climb out of the cot a couple months ago, he'd wander in around midnight, and some nights we wouldn't even know it until we rolled over and there's a toddler in the middle! We put him in his 'big' bed on the weekend, which he just loves. So hopefully he'll get back to his good habits.

Shelle - how's things with you and Sach?

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone

yes, i'm finally an auntie again. hayley was 4 days late so we have been waiting and waiting! caleb was right on time so we thought number 2 would be early but i guess they just come when they are good and ready. she has quite long dark hair and she's pretty cute!

sam & fish, i think i'll just live out my triathlon dreams through you two!

isaac is sleeping in until 6 but not going to bed until 8.30. not sure which we prefer, the early starts or the late nights.

better go...screamer coming. will try to get on later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam how did your appointment go?

Deb, congratulations to your sister. How was her labour? How is she going? Isaac is starting to sound like Nick. He's been doing 8-5:30/6 ish for most of the last year. I'm still hoping he'll grow out of it

Nick was well behaved at sleep time again today although I rocked him to sleep (something he's picked up again since he sees me doing it for DD). Today he was singing to himself while I did it "This is the way nicks rocks to sleep, nicky rocks, nicky rocks... early in the morning"

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Fish

The blood tests came back negative for the big C, which is a massive relief! Dr was more concerned with me being peri-menopausal and said that if I don't go on hormones then the long term effect on my health would be bad. Then after an physical examination he said I don't LOOK perimenopausal in the slightest and said the whole thing is just plain strange. I do have to have surgery to have the tumour removed, and he'll have a look at my ovaries then, but thinks perhaps the tumour is affecting ovarian function, hence the odd hormone assay and no AF.

How gorgeous about Nick singing himself to sleep!

Deb - Congrats to you and your sister! What does Isaac think of his new cousin?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam, what a relief for you!! Maybe everything will be back to normal after the tumour is removed? isaac thinks his cousin is "so cute with little fingers". luckily he is very gentle but not sure what Caleb is like with her! will see tomorrow...i might have to look after 3 of them while my sister has a shower. eek. its her first day without her husband home from work so i'm going over early.

fish, the labour was pretty good...12 hours so half the time of the first one! she only got to hospital 1 hour before Hayley was born and after only 10 mins in the birthing suite after all the monitoring etc. she was thinking she would have an epidural but didn't have time for anything. she is going really well with breastfeeding but no milk yet so hopefully hayley is a good feeder. caleb had a tongue tie so don't think that helped.

have to go and draw a dog...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Sam, what wonderful news What a relief. Still an operation to deal with, which can't be nice, though. Do you have a date for this? Also great news that you don't look peri menopausal. I hope he's right and it all returns to normal again.

Deb, I'm not surprised Isaac is gentle with her, he's such a gentle kid. Nice that she has fingers too . Good luck with the 3 of them tomorrow! The labour sounds like she did really well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. Very relieved. No, no hospital date yet, but I got the impression it should be sooner rather than later. It will more than likely be an overnight because of the bleeding disorder, so I'm really really not looking forward to a night away from Koby but he'll be with DH so he should be OK.

Deb - love the fingers comment from Isaac. That's so cute.

We visited a friend on the weekend with a tiny newborn, Koby was very interested to start with but then got a little uncomfortable about me cuddling her. I'm hoping the friend will email me the photos, as I think the one of Koby hanging on to my neck as if to say "she's MINE" will be quite funny!