ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Fish - sounds great about the job, but i know what you mean about DD being too young for daycare. Would you be able to do a small amount from home in your copious amounts of spare time? Pity we dont' live in the same state, we could help each other out!
    Gym going well, i'm trying to get there at least 4 times per week. I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying it. Koby is ok for now, but the antibiotics finish tomorrow so it'll be interesting to see how he goes then. We've noticed in the last day or so he's learnt to say 'c' at the beginning of words, which is a bit sad as we loved his 'tuddles and tisses' and that he said Torey and Toby for his and Corey's names. They change so quickly!

I was supposed to go into the city today for a software course, really looking forward to it. DH taking boys to school/daycare, left early enough to drive to train station - couldn't find carpark, by the time I got out of the car park to park in a nearby suburb and walk back, I'd missed last train that would have got me there in time for course to start.... So i'm back at work, planning to catch the BUS to the train station on Thursday when I have another course.

Hope everyone is having a great week.

Kyra - all good today?

Jules - hows the m/s?

Deb - are you back yet, you lucky thing? Where did you go and how was it?

Shelle - i hope you're having a good week, is work still mad?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Kyre - I am so so relieved for you! That is just the best news!! How many weeks are you now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow what a week to have missed!!

Jules - i'm SO happy for you that number 2 is on the way!! how are you feeling?

kara - congratulations!! hope you are feeling ok and all is smooth sailing from now on.

shelle - sorry to hear about you and DP. hope you are doing ok.

fish - hmmm don't know how i would squeeze work in with one let alone 2 kids. make sure you find time for you if you do take on some work. when isaac was little i was trying to work as much as i could and when i added it up at the end of the week it only came to about 6 hours! so for all the crazyness & missed rest when isaac was asleep it just wasn't worth it. maybe wait until you are comfortable with putting iluka in one or two days and do a solid block of work?? is nick going to kindy next year?

sam - well done on the gym! i have fallen off the wagon (again). its hard to fit in morning activities before DH starts work now that isaac is waking up at 5 and not 4! (no i don't have a real excuse!) bummer about missing the course.
    isaac can say c's but never really says L. he just skips it out at the beginning of a word or puts an r in if its in the middle....like umbrerara for umbrella - pretty clever knowing it has 2 l's!

well we had a great hol in nz. of course it all goes too fast. it is school hols in another few weeks so all the grandparents will be over - mum will be able to see her new baby granddaughter. my sister is ready to pop any minute, due next thurs. caleb was right on his due date so we are thinking this one will be early.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Deb - good to hear the holiday was great. I could do with one of them right now. Having a month I'd rather forget.

Umbrerara - gorgeous! I love how they learn new words everyday - Koby's latest, said at 5.30 this morning, is 'thirsty'. Ofcouse it doesn't come out quite like that, more like terty, but it's so cute. He's also putting so many more words together.

I hope all goes well with your sister's baby - how exciting!

Hope everyone else is well. Any exciting plans for the weekend, or anything special for Father's Day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam, isaac is talking constantly now. gives a running commentary on everything he can see or is doing. yesterday he told me he could hear through his ears! don't know where he got that from. he is getting easier to deal with now because i can tell him what is happening. on the plane when he was wriggling i said you have to keep your seltbelt on until the pilot lands the plane. he says "ok". then when the plane lands he puts both hands up in the air and says "hooray" in a big loud voice. it would be so great to meet Koby (and you of course) and get all these kids together.

not much planned here for fathers day....suppose i should make a card!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It would be great for all of us to get together, wouldn't it? Next time we're interstate I'll be pushing for QLD so I can come and see you and Fish and your boys.

It's amazing how quickly their comprehension develops, isn't it? It's a pity us adults can't learn that quickly anymore!

Yeah, I'd better do something about a card too. Though after our month from hell DH has said that he's happy just to spend the day relaxing. Hopefully we'll go and see his dad because it'll be the first 'event' since MIL passed away, it'll be nice for him to have all of us there. My dad was great about it, rang him and told him we'd be away most of Sunday so we'd have him over for dinner next week, his reply was, make sure FIL is surrounded by us all for the day, he (dad) knows we love him, he doesn't need a day or a card to tell him that, though he would say no to a baked meal during the week!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deb, thanks so much for saying that. I always feel an enormous social pressure to return to work. It would have been different as it wasn't from home this time, but I would have had to sort out child care and express milk etc etc. I turned it down as it was all just too hard. It's hard to turn down a good job though. Especially in this economic climate.

Sam, I'm dying to catch up with you and Koby one day. It's a (very much sometime in the future) date!

Yep love that toddler talking. For some reason Nick calls umbrellas "Gween umbwellas" not sure why they have to be green, even the red ones are red green umbrellas...

Long days here. and not enough sleep. All going well, but still would love an hour more sleep a day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fish - bugger the social pressure! You have two small children, one of whom is only 5 months! Don't do anything until you are ready. And yes, that definintely is a future date - hopefully not too far in the future!

We had a nice visit with DH's dad over the weekend. Hope everyone's partners all had wonderful father's days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Sam How did your test results show? Did you have your Gyn appointment?

Which bike do you think looks best for a Xmas pressie for Nick?
    bike1 or bike2

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love both bikes, Fish! I've never seen that type before, but what a great idea! I guess the colourful one would be more attractive to kids.

Gyn appt is next monday. I haven't got any test results back yet tho my GP has asked me to come in for a non-urgent appt relating to Vit D results. Vit D helps calcium be absorbed or utilised I think.