+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Fish - don't feel guilty!! You are doing a wonderful job being at home with the two kids. We unfortunately just need to get some extra cash in. Although DH has had a lot of work come his way just recently with the business, so maybe if Blake doesn't settle in as well as we'd like, I won't have to go back to work after all. He didn't seem so excited when I dropped him off today so am feeling quite guilty right now!! I'm going to call them soon and see how he's going.

Sam - is Koby a lot better when you drop him off at daycare now? How many other kids is he with? Hope you get some answers soon!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I just phoned and apparently he's happily playing now. Am picking him up at 2.30 pm today so I hope he goes okay. I loaded his bag up with lots of dummies and his favourite comforter.

Speaking of comforters, Blake loves his duckie but it's getting so tired and I can't find another one like it anywhere. It's so hard to keep it clean when he takes it to bed all the time. I wonder if it's possible to introduce another?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Julie, I believe it's very difficult to introduce a new one, because they won't smell right, but maybe if you create enough hype, or better still let him choose his own from the shop..? Nick has about 4 bears in his bed at any time. One of them was a present for DD but there was not way to let her have it without major dramas, and to be honest he needed it more.

Sam, when do you get the results back? Maybe you're just skipping because your body is still being post baby and a bit stressed from the colds?

Shocker of a Night last night. I couldn't get to sleep until after 12 and Then DD decided it was morning at 5am . I'm just such a grumpy mum half the time at the moment. Really feeling a bit run down (better go and take some multi vits) and a bit uninspired ATM. Both kids have cold again too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi guys
    sorry i've been MIA. i did write a long post a week or two ago but it mustn't have posted before i closed the screen.

all going well here. isaac is a little chatterbox and is very very slowly getting less clingy. sometimes he'll play in the sandpit for 10 mins without me! his birthday went well. just had the mums group round to my place and made a mickey mouse cake. it seems a lot of us have scaled down the 2nd birthday parties compared to last year!!

i've been thinking about daycare for isaac because unlike nick, fish, he'll be going to pre-prep in 2012! seems like a long way off. i'm worried he'll get eaten alive by all the bullies though. one (his cousin) is bad enough. speaking of his cousin, my sister is due in 4 weeks!!

Sam, i guess you've already done an HPT? good luck at the gym!!

Fish, bummer about colds again. i've had another one too. just can't get 100%. i've been sleeping a bit better but would love to get 4 hours in a row! how is iluka sleeping at night now fish? you give me hope having a good sleeper second! i think my sister will get a big shock in a few weeks since caleb slept through 9-10 hours from about 6 weeks.

jules, glad to hear blake is well settled in daycare. you must be relieved.

hi shelle, kyra

Thanks
    Reviews
    fish -=- Im sorry your havin a rough patch It can be so hard when you've had no sleep... remember, nanna naps are the best get em in wherever u can And yeh I found flaxeed oil, iron and multi tabs can help too

jules -=- I know how you feel.. We put DS in daycare once a week and even that drives me insane with worry! Im a V clingy mum and I know I need to learn to relax a bit if Im going to have DS and my next one in when my youngest is 3 so i can go back to work! But its so easy to wrry that theyre not happy or that the people there arnt watching them enough and keeping them out of danger.. or theyre getting bullied etc etc.. Its v hard.. If its a gud daycare, you should be able to ring them whenever you want for a full report! Everytime i get a call about My sons EB flareing up I see the number on the phone and get this tight feeling in my chest b4 i answer..

afm -=- Im 3 days off testing.. and soooo have my fingers crossed this is fineally our month!! Ive been super tired the last couple days and been trying to get out with DS a bit too keep my mind off doing a test too early then feeling down that it comes back neg, even tho of course it would that early LOL

Hi to everyone else that ive missed

Kyra

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Hi Deb - yep did a HPT about 5 weeks after last AF, so it should have been accurate. Was talking to a friend yesterday who is 6+ months pg, she said her first didn't show up positive, and when I said I didn't feel pg, she said neither did she . I guess the bloods I had done last week will show if I am but I'm thinking I might swing past the chemist this afternoon...

Kyra - keep away from the bathroom cupboard! I remember how hard it was to not test early. What is EB?

Fish - I don't think it would be post-baby skipping, Ive been regular for a year, apart from my short stint on the pill making my cycle go from 3 to 4 weeks, then back to 3. I think / hope it is just the fact I've been a bit run down.

Julie - ATM it's just Koby and the carers son who is 6 months older than him. Occassionally there is a little girl there a bit younger than Koby, and next week a new girl starts too. You should be able to see the photos under Photos of me in fb. It's great that Blake is settling in well. And wonderful news about DH's business getting lots of work. My camera has stopped working - I've just got a little compact one now. I'd love to buy a digital SLR, am working on DH - dropping some significant hints!

Hi Shelle and DjF Pop in and say hello DjF, would love to hear how you and M are doing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you test Sam? DH keeps on implying that I might be pregnant again everytime I feel a bit off seeing as we're only using bf'ing as contraception so far. I told him this morning, no I refuse to be pg when I have a 4 mth old

Kyra, I'm not quite sure when I'd squeeze in a nanna nap, vit pills (or milo) are so much easier to fit in . Good luck with waiting a few more days.

Deb, great to hear from you! I think we're really lucky with how easy DD is. But to be honest I think that you're going to find any baby a breeze after Isaac. He's a wonderful kid, but you've had a lot of work over the last two years getting him through.

Nick was the sickest I've ever seen him On sat. He was actually ACTING sick. it took us ages to find something that would make him take the panadol, but we did eventually. Thankfully he was much better on Sunday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Fish

No, haven't tested yet, I'm waiting til I need to do a pee! Pg with a 4 mo! Gee, they'd be close together. Would you mind if you were?

Poor Nick, I hope he's feeling better. There are so many lurgies around. Koby and I are finally better, though having said that, Koby fell asleep unusually early today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Drink some water, come on! I would and I wouldn't mind. I keep on changing my mind to if I want a third. there are so many pros and cons for both. So if it happened, we'd be ok with it. That's why we're using bf'ing rather than the pill while DD is still so little.

The do a big catch up sleep once they get a bit better don't they. Both mine are having a good old sleepy day today. I'm glad we stayed home this morning.

Now I just have to invent a recipe for a chicken breast stuffed with cashews and something out of my new veggie garden

Thanks
    Reviews

Though in my case, it should be a smiley face!

Dinner sounds yum!