+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    we are actually super organised when it comes to dinner...we have a meal plan for 1-2 weeks so we get all the right stuff at the supermarket. it takes so much stress out of cooking dinner if you have already decided what you are having.

sam, that's great about daycare. must be a relief for you to know that he is happy. if only we were all celebrities with a nanny or two (and with a cleaner and chef!). i saw Gwyneth Paltrow on Oprah the other day and she said she has a day nanny and a night nanny. i guess i'll have to make do with a few days with grandparents every 10 weeks.

fish the road works are mostly finished up there but as you would know...still busy on the gateway. there seem to always be roadworks somewhere! at least we don't have to drive to work.

i'm having a tiring day today. can't wait for bed! at least its the weekend.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really should be that organised deb, but it just never happens. i have started shopping online, though, and that's made a difference as i can look in the pantry as i'm doing it. So frustrating to be making something then realise i don't have all the ingredients.

Yeah, it'd be nice to have nannies and housekeepers wouldn't it?! I'd forgo the nanny, though, and have someone do the cooking, cleaning, bill paying, shopping etc - that would be bliss!

Do your inlaws / parents come over that regularly Deb? That must be so lovely.

Did i mention that i'm having my sister's girls every monday while she is at work? They're 2 and 4, koby loves having them here. last week we did paintings and gluing etc, the house looked like a kindy when we'd finished. Next week we're going to an indoor gym. It seems to be easier with 3 than just 1.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hey all

Has been soo long since ive posted on bubhub.. How is everyone!!
    Just wanted to post because ive fineally got my cycle back since i MC in November!

So its been one month so far and AF is due again in two days, we're hopeing that wont happen of course

So wish me luck ladies! Ill let you know when i do my test tomorow what happens.. anyone had any succes with that lately? Id love to hear from you

talk soon <3 Kyra

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Ladies

Yes a chef and cleaner would be fab!! Oh and a bookkeeper too!! We have had a rough week here with teeth - am so exhausted!! And with my up coming appointment with the accountant less than a week away - hopefully I'll find some time to sleep!! Poor Blake is just so upset! The Brauer homeopathic range have been great though - they have one called Calm and it really helped him get a good nap in yesterday!! I just got him back to sleep for another nap and then my Mum called - they always seem to ring the doorbell or phone when he's asleep. So now I'm hoping he will re settle otherwise I've got a very cranky toddler to look after for the rest of the day!! I must remember to take the phone off the hook!!

We started childcare orientation on Monday and Blake seems to be so much more ready for it than last time. He didn't even notice when I wasn't in the room (I could see him through the window) - he had so much fun. Especially when morning tea arrived - .

So am going to slowly build up the hours two days a week and then catch up on some home business stuff and look for some work.

Sam - hope Koby is feeling better. That's great news about Koby enjoying family day care now - what a relief for you!!

Deb - I need to get more organised with meals too - would be cheaper too I imagine.

Kyrawolfe - goodluck with ttc!!

Hi Fish & Shelle

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone,

Koby has another cold - just doesn't seem fair for him, i think he had two days last week where i thought 'he's finally over the last two colds' and now this. Poor thing.

We had FIl stay with us last night, he's doing well.

Koby went well at day care again yesterday so going to start stretching the hours a bit til it's school hours.

Our ensuite seems to have developed a large leek, the carpet on the other side of the wall is wet, as is the plaster, and the paint is coming off in strips. I resealed the bathroom not long ago, this is not a good sign. I see mega $$$ coming up.

Julie - that's great about blake and day care, i hope it goes well. And those teeth come through soon too.

Kyrawolfe - good luck on the ttc. I had to take a test this morning, AF is 5 days late, but negative, thankfully. My cycle hasn't settled since Koby, it'll be 3 weeks, then 6, then 4 for a while now looks like skipping one again.

Fish - how are your two? No more winter colds over there I hope.

Deb - how's issac, all still going ok on the sleep front?

Hi Shelle -how's miss sach?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah Sam, Poor Koby. How is the cot situation going? Nick seems to be ok now, but DD had a horrid cough last night, I lay awake listening to it most of the night worrying about her, then when she finally fell into a deep sleep I had to get up to check she was still breathing. With AF, are you fully weened now?

Julie that's great news that Blake is enjoying the daycare. it's lovely that you can ease him into it slowly too.

Speaking of colds, I went to a friends for a bbq on the weekend. One of the other dads was taking care of the littlies at one stage, and I overheard him saying to Nick would you like to drink out of the blue or the yellow cup, indicating 2 cups on the kids table that other kids had been drinking from. I stepped in and told him I'd prefer it if Nick didn't share cups as all the other kids all had snotty noses. He was genuinely surprised, and said doesn't that mean that any cold Nick catches is far worse? (His boys are in day care and so have runny noses most of the time) I was flabbergasted. I felt like a seriously overprotective mother, and very uncomfortable. But I still cleaned the cup before Nick drank out of it.

Meanwhile we've hit the hard patch now. I remember this bit being harder than the start with Nick too, the accumulated tiredness over a few months. Still this time we know it's just a phase. Hopefully by Christmas things should be peachy again. I'm a bit miffed about DH's leave though. He's entitled to 4 weeks in the first 4 months (which is an absolute luxury, but one I was looking forward to). He's been taking it in bits and pieces, and then booked every Friday off until the 4 mth mark. He told his boss who asked him to rather take it all in the last week, once the boss has flown to Europe to present their product to the buyer. Fair enough, but bummer for me. Now last night DH tells me that his boss is saying he wants DH to be on call to fix anything incase any issues crop up while he's over there. Makes me a bit sad. I know I'm just being greedy, but still I was looking forward to the guarenteed help

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hey

Im bummed out today because AF arrived which means ive missed another month *cries*

I dont know why its taking so long to fall pregnant.. the only thing that has stopped me asking the doctors if there truely is something wrong with me or dh is the fact that we got pregnant last november.. but then i lost the baby so it was all just like one big dissapointment.

So its officially 1 yr and a half since we started trying..

SAHM1706-=- It can take so long to get ur cycle back huh.. after i MC its taken me since then till this last month to even get mine back.. that just doesnt seem right to me eh..

Sorry Koby has a cold.. its awful having to see them go through colds and flus and stay up at night hearing them cough and cry.. but at least hopefully he'll get a gud immune system out of it
    Sucks about the ensuite.. do u own the place or are u renting?
    Jules-=- Hope blake has a great time at daycare! Hopefully he'll make a bunch of lil mates to play with

Boo gos to daycare once a week.. its all i can stand to be away from him atm (clingy mummy) That and we realy cant afford more as of yet.. Hes been doing really well there and he always comes home with more knowledge of words each time! Its so awesome watching him grow up and get smart hehe, he'll be 3 in jan, wow time flies!

ttyl girls <3 Kyra

Thanks
    Reviews
    actually i just realised it been a yr and 9 months...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Fish - yes been fully weaned for four months or so, so AF should be regular. I'm not so fussed to be missing them, truthfully! I wouldn't want Koby to share a cup with other kids, sick or healthy. I don't really get where that guy was coming from. If you share cups you WILL get a cold, if you don't share, you MAY get a cold. I can't see how the severity would differ. Immunity is built up from general exposure - no need to hand it to them on a spoon, or a cup! Don't feel over protective, I'd have done the same.

I hope you get through this tired period, what a bummer about DH's leave being messed around. Koby still in the cot, i don't want to disrupt his sleeping, especially since he keeps getting sick. He has only been having an hour and a half a day for the last week or so, i'm praying that's a symptom of being sick, not the beginning of the end of daytime sleeps! I'm not ready for them to go, I need 2 to 2.5 hours a day so I can get some work done! It should mean he goes to bed earlier though.

Kyrawolfe - so sorry about your m/c, did the dr's give any explanation? If you're been ttc for that long, perhaps a chat with the dr would be helpful, at least put your mind at ease?
    Yes, we own this house (with a ridiculously large mortgage!), so any cost to fix the ensuite is all ours, unfortunately. Plumber coming tomorrow morning.

I looked at joinging a gym today - haven't exercised much at all since I started doing more work. I figure if i've paid for a membership, I'll MAKE the time, but then again...I probably won't!

I braved the Target toy sale today...oh lordy! I got everything I needed but needed an extra large coffee afterwards!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sam just realised, are you on the minipill? cos my doc said that can make your cycle go all over the place... (happily daydreaming of a child who regularly have 2 - 2.5 hrs sleep in the day *sigh*) I hope Koby gets back to his old self soon. I also dream of doing excercise and being fit. And then I remind myself that the physio said no running for up to year after birth, and I sit back and enjoy yet another milo... now WHY aren't those kilos falling off yet

Kyrawolf. Sorry to hear about the BFN and the miscarriage. It's a bumpy road sometimes isn't it. Was it a long wait for you DS?