ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    fish - we've got some serious going on here too. Every request is answered by 'no' (that's him saying no, not us!) he's waking twice a night again, climbs out of his cot unless i time his nap perfectly, and is insisting on eating chocolate for breakfast, lunch and dinner. He woke three times last night, the third time instread of calling me he just climbed out of his bed and into ours.

I had decided not to take the cot rails off as he wasn't climbing out after we explained that it wasn't the right thing to do but i'm going to have to rethink it now that he's started doing it again.

To answer your question, yes they get over it, and move on to another stage! They're all so different though, i don't remember Corey going through may 'difficult' stages, though Danielle was just 'difficult' from the minute she got up til the minute she went back to bed. Fortunately she slept well!

Thanks
    Reviews
    back from our weekend away, i've had the morning to myself but now i'm running out of time! why is it that holidays always go faster than normal days?

we get "no" all the time around here too...i just try to make him say "no thank you" he's pretty good though, as long as you are doing what he wants to do! sam, isaac wants choc all the time too (i wonder where he got that from ) but he gets over it quickly if we say no. sometimes i just give him a plain biscuit at about 7.30am if he asks for one...i figure in his world its morning tea time anyway!

not sure if i've told you isaac's biggest sentence so far..."i see big digger far away"...complete with a hand over his eyes. pure genius.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deb1234 View Post
    i just try to make him say "no thank you"

Thanks, its so nice to hear there are others being very "2" out there. At least Nick has gone to sleep today. yesterday was our first with 0 day sleep, not even 5 minutes kip in the car. Preceded with him jumping/falling off the change table for the first time, him not wanting to share his toys with his best friend, and our biggest and best public tantrum so far over red gumboots in Big W. And that was just the morning... I think his eye teeth are starting to bug him, but seriously! I think the inability to wait patiently is the one that gets me most at the moment. Thankfully they are both sleep ing today, and at the same time too! Bliss.

Deb that is an awesome sentence! You should be a very proud mummy. Sorry to hear your holidays are running out. Where did you go for the weekend?

Sam, I wonder if second kids are just easier. Lets hope so! The cots rails would worry me a bit too. Especially in the middle of the night when they can be a bit sleepy and unco.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, we're trying to turn 'no' into 'no thankyou' too. And just ignoring the ones that aren't appropriate.

Deb - that's a huge sentence! Excellent work Isaac! Koby told me the other night as he was going to bed 'good night, have fun, love you, in the morning'. He has heaps of words, but the sentence thing is still very disjointed.

Fish - i don't know about the second child being easier, perhaps it's really just their individual personalities? Friends of ours swear the second is harder, or that boys are harder - i don't think there are any generalisations, they're all just little individuals. Nick strikes me as being super smart, and unfortunately that makes for tantrums when they're little as they get so frustrated by the limitations of being 'little'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    fish, we went up to maroochydore. its really nice up there, if i can't convince DH to move back to NZ we might end up living up there.

isaac's "sentences" aren't usually that long, they are usually just 3 or 4 words with one of them being "big..." and maybe a colour thrown in.

sam, that's so cute. you'll have to remind him that he said IN THE MORNING!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm. So much to look forward to. Thanks for the insight! Feel like Blake is getting a bit bored at home at the moment and that I'm not doing enough to entertain him (guilt, guilt)!! It's the start of Term 3 this week so we're back to music tomorrow thank goodness. Tonight though when I was cooking dinner little Blake was hanging off me and just wanted to get into everything. So difficult to get dinner organised sometimes. Any tricks/suggestions?

Sam - sorry to hear about Koby waking up in the night and climbing out of his cot!! That's gotta be hard! I've heard stories of people putting security gates on their kids doors. I can see why now.

Deb - sounds like a lovely weekend away!!

Fish - sounds like a very challenging morning - you poor thing. Do you find it harder to breastfeed with a toddler around?

Thanks
    Reviews
    jules, isaac is impossible to cook dinner with since he is always hanging off me. and because he goes to bed at 6.30 he needs dinner at 5pm so i can't wait until chris is finished work to cook. since he is up at 5am i usually cook/prepare everything in the morning before chris starts work so i just have to put it in the oven.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Deb! Yeah I give Blake his dinner at 5.00 pm too unless I know DH is going to be home by 6.00 pm and then if I'm organised enough I'll cook us all dinner for 6.00 pm and just give Blake a small snack or something to keep him going. If I'm feeding him before we eat I often give Blake leftovers from our dinner from the night before, mixed together with some baked beans or scrambled egg or rice/pasta or something.

It's the start of Term 3 this week so we had music again today and it was so nice seeing Blake so much more interactive and walking about. It's amazing how much they can change in such a short space of time. The teachers were really commenting on how much he'd grown and how much more interactive he was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You all sound so organised! I don't even think about dinner until 5.30 / 6. Every night i tell myself i need to be ready earlier so Koby can eat earlier but it never happens. Always so much to do that nothing ever really gets done!

The big kids aren't here this week and its amazing how much more organised i am, with no school drop drop offs/pick ups, so much less mess, and not to mention no teenager arguing with me and distracting me so that nothing gets finished!

Koby went well at daycare yesterday, no crying at all. I stayed iwth him for about 15mins and then picked him up just after lunch. I looked into the nanny thing, instead of $45 for the day, it'll be $120+... sobering thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nick eats with us so we've had a fair share of cooking with someone attached to my leg. We've done a few things, got a toy draw in the kitchen (I've also cooked a good few meals while wading through every plastic thing in the kitchen which has been emptied from the cupboard onto the floor). Lately we haven't had so much of a problem and maybe that's because we bought a step so Nick can get up and "help" or drive his cars on the bench while I cook. Or maybe it was jsut a phase. Hard to say. All I know is it's a hard phase!! Liek Deb I've now got a few dishes like lasagne or tuna bake which I can do around 3 after his sleep when he's happier and then just switch on at cooking time.

The music classes sound brilliant. I'm sure you're building a musical talent there.

Aw shucks Sam, that's so sweet of you. I don't think he's above average, but it certainly makes me glow to hear you say it anyway .

Deb I love the sunny coast too. It'll be nice when the roadworks that way are finished (or are they already? It's been months since I went that way last)

Crying toddler. better go and attend