+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default party ideas for a 5 year old

hi my 5 year old would like to have a party cause he has just started prep this year and has all new friends, i just need some ideas? i was thinking maybe jumping castle or ten pin bowling, play center. but didn't think it would cost that much, but some of those things are very expensive. we have done in the past MacDonald's, daycare party, sausage sizzle. need help with party games. i have a 7 month old, so i didn't really want to be doing a lot has he takes up a lot of my time. cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    you could just have a party/bbq in a park

or at home, and have a few games or make it dress up/themed etc
    you could hire a clown, fairy, magician etc to come to your house if you wanted?

indoor play centres,?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok, at that age I vote for somewhere other than home. Too time consuming.

Is there a wildlife/farm type place near you that offers birthday parties?

Bowling is hard at that age because alot of them cant hold the ball yet and need help and the ramps etc... and they don't like waiting for their turn so you need small groups on each lane.

Another good idea is down here in VIC alot of indoor sports centres or even YMCA places offer sporting parties where they take the kids for 1 1/2hrs and just play lots of games or maybe gymnastics or something like that (my DD does gymnastics and I have to say that boys LOVE gymnastics!! there are so many in her class!) Maybe there is something like that near you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    gymbus party !
    great for this age
    my sister had a few when she was little
    its a big bus that coems and parks outside your house and its like a gym inside with foam pits, bars etc lots of fun stuff for kids,a nd they do that for an hour or so and love it and burn lots of energy then tyhey could just have cake and go home

"
    The Gymbus is a double decker bus full of play equipment and modified gym equipment. The brightly colour interior has a fireman’s pole, trapeze, roman rings, climbing ladders, swing ropes and bars, everything to delight adventurous children, aged 3 – 11 years.
    Any time, any weather, and almost anywhere, the Gymbus will have the kids jumping for joy to the music.
    We park the Gymbus at your venue and a party leader organises the games and activities. It safe, it’s very physical and full of surprises.
    • 1 hr parties are best for 3-7 years
    • 1.5 hours is recommended for 7 year and over.
    • 2 hours parties include food lolly bags and a birthday cake – we do the lot!
    http://www.gymbus.com.au/gymbus/gymbus_parties.htm