ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm getting mine out next week. Do you bleed after having it taken out? And for how long?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkandblue View Post
    I'm getting mine out next week. Do you bleed after having it taken out? And for how long?
    well i thought i was getting a period, but i think it was just a small bleed from having it out.. i had a small amount of spotting, one day that looked almost like a period.. last a few days...

now ive noticed something else... i have more motivation... oh and my libido has increased even more..dh gets jumped when walking in the door

Thanks
    Reviews
    2 weeks after getting the merina out and i feel like my old self again...

I don't have too many issues with my body image, which is awesome, im stressing less, and libido is back to normal and i can FEEL AGAIN!! I have my mood swings but at least im not numb.

2 days after gettin it removed i started to bleed for 3 days, not too heavy. after the first week i feel like i have a ton of energy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JackOfAllTradesMummy For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (07-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Merina.......

I had the merina too after having our first child and experienced severe hair loss, I even had a bald patch, severe depression too. Awful awful thing, within a few days of having it removed the hair loss stopped and so did the depression!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 3kidsandstillsane For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (07-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had mine in for 12 months and thought it was great till I have had to go to physio for such bad back pain....

So here are my side effects -

Lower back pain/cramps for the whole year most days - I do not know why I didn't click that this is NOT GOOD FOR US!

Hair Loss

Bloating

Periods are only a spot however still very bad pain and feel like I would be better off with a good bleed!!

Crying at the drop of a hat

Thought I was having a breakdown in February - probably was but I am sure this has been a contributing factor!!

Increased appetite - have also quit ciggies though??

A little bit of pigmentation below my bottom lip

The pigmentation is what has made me jump online to check it out and now I am sure that this merina is no good for me.

I have made the appointment to get it taken out at 12.30 tomorrow. Should I have gone under for this?? The nurse seems to think it will only take a second... but I am unsure??

8. The Following User Says Thank You to carly54 For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (07-03-2015)

biscotti is offline Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by carly54 View Post
    Should I have gone under for this?? The nurse seems to think it will only take a second... but I am unsure??

Under? You mean like a GA?
    No, I don't think you'll need a GA. It really does only take a second and I didn't feel any thing.
    I am so pleased I had mine removed, I am back to myself now a month later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had the Mirena in for 6 months and thought it was OK until recently. I've been so exhausted for months now and just keep putting it down to running around after 2 young kids. I now think it is related to Mirena. I also get lower back pain, headaches and stomach cramps.
    I have hairs on my chin (which I never had before). Does anyone know if facial hair is also a Mirena side-effect?

I've got a Drs appointment on Friday, I think I'll get it taken out.

For those that have had it removed, what contraception do you use now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeytoes View Post
    I've had the Mirena in for 6 months and thought it was OK until recently. I've been so exhausted for months now and just keep putting it down to running around after 2 young kids. I now think it is related to Mirena. I also get lower back pain, headaches and stomach cramps.
    I have hairs on my chin (which I never had before). Does anyone know if facial hair is also a Mirena side-effect?

I've got a Drs appointment on Friday, I think I'll get it taken out.

For those that have had it removed, what contraception do you use now?
    OMG... I have two little hairs that grow on my chin!!!! eeeeeek!! I am very happy to be getting rid of this...

Will post again tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you, that has put my mind at ease!! It sure does suck being a woman sometimes!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Following up .....

Its been a month since I had mine taken out and I feel great!

It didn't hurt to have it taken out, my GP did it - it was just like a mild version of a pap smear.

I got a big period about 3 days after it was taken out that lasted about 6 days (bigger then my bleeds after birth but not as long).

My temperatures disappeared and the really bad (like 1st stage labour) cramps stopped. I have had cramping (like period pains) for around 3 weeks on and off but now they also have gone.

My hair is not falling out and I am back to enjoying life, not being moody (as much ) and not wanting to cry or find a corner if things got tough (with 3 kids under 5, this happens quite a lot). And just as others have described the libedo has come back as well - to DH suprise .

I am so glad it is out - I believe it was the cause of most of the problems I have been having for 6 mths and thanks to this thread I got it out.

About contraception, I am enjoying feeling so good at the moment that I don't want to put anything else into my body - I want to feel really good again and have a couple of good honest woman periods before starting on another contraception.

But my GP believes that the pill seems to be the go for me as I don't seem to have as many side effects. I considered female sterisation but I don't think I could handle the emotional side of never being able to have kids again, even though we are not having any more - irrational but thats me .

Got to go, the kids are all in the bathroom and the tap is running really fast .... uh oh!

Cheers everyone.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NQgirl For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (07-03-2015)