+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Out To Pasture View Post
    I thought I would update you all on my Mirena..

After a year and a half, I started bleeding non-stop since before Xmas.
    An ultrasound revealed that my IUD had shifted, and now had to be removed.
    After 3 drs attempted to remove the IUD, 40mins of pain, and breaking the cover over the shaft of the IUD rod. It is stuck in my cervix.
    Spent 5hrs in a hospital to find out that the Gyno is to busy to see me. And that I will need day surgery -HysterOCTOmy- to remove it. I am booked for 13th of Feb for it.

The Gyno said to me, in the 9yrs that the Mirena has been out there, I am the 2nd 'stuck' case she has ever dealt with.
    Wow, sorry to hear about your situation

Can I ask, what does a HysterOCTOmy involve? Is it like a hysterectomy?

White Mage is offline Today has been cancelled, go back to bed.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    Wow, sorry to hear about your situation

Can I ask, what does a HysterOCTOmy involve? Is it like a hysterectomy?
    Hysteroctomy is like a Colonoscopy.

I will be put out for 10-15mins. A camera will be pushed into my uterus, to examine to see if any damage has been caused and other problems that could be there. Then they will remove the Mirena with tweezers.

I would like to add. When they tug on the Mirena, it feels like full blown contractions. The drs even tried to dialate me to make it easier to slip out.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sorry to hear out to pasture

I pulled my own out while sitting on the loo, was easy enough. Did have my other one pulled out by a very incompetent doctor who failed to ask if we had been using back up for the 2 weeks prior. We fell pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliveaux View Post
    i have problems with all hormonal BC, but I had an absolute nightmare with my mirena when after 18 months, it partially slipped out. My Dr who whats the word, i want to say installed?? the Dr who put it in had retired and i could not find a Dr who knew how to take it out ANYWHERE. I ended up going to the ER and even *they* could not remove it. After weeks of pain I finally ended up finding someone at a women's health clinic. Needless to say I didn't get it put back in :P
    it was completely stuck! to the point where I went to the ER due to the pain I was in and even the Dr there couldn't remove it. I had to find someone who had a lot of experience with Mirenas to get it out. I'm lucky I didn't get an infection and my hormones never re-calibrated, or have not yet anyway. This was over 2 years ago now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had mine in just over a year now so I thought I'd come back and update. I've still had no side effects and am really happy with it. My AF is almost non existent, had it a couple of days ago and all it consisted of was about a quarter of a teaspoon of blood two days in a row with nothing overnight so DP and I were still able to DTD each night and he had no idea it was that time of the month at all. Couldn't be happier!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    7.11.11 had it in.
    So that's almost 3 years. I'm still happy. Have only recently started getting a regular 28 day cycle again and some period pain, but it's really light both for pain and flow.

Still loving my mirena

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    The mirena made me gain a lot of weight even though I had it for only 4 months. I couldn't lose the weight no matter what. After a lot of research I stumbled upon this video: http://mirenadetox.com/mirena-weight-gain/ which helped me a lot with losing the weight and getting rid of my excessive bleeding, and finally made it clear to me that the mirena was the cause of all my problems.

White Mage is offline Today has been cancelled, go back to bed.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    I think the term you're looking for hysteroscopy not hysteroctomy.
    Correct.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Yes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mamaduke View Post
    Last November I had got a Mirena IUD put in/inserted (I don't know the correct terminology!) and after some spotting which lasted a week I haven't had a period at all and thought this was the best invention ever...

6 months later and I'm starting to think that the little things that I've been noticing over time may be side effects of the Mirena and was wanting to know if anyone else has felt this way.
    I googled 'mirena side effects' but oh my giddy aunt those women go on and on and I don't have the time nor the patience to sit through page after page of rants about their college degrees, what their dog ate last night for dinner or how many times they've farted in the past hour!!

So here are the things I've noticed:

Hair loss - increasing to the point where the shower drain and vac need to be cleaned after each use because of all the hair I'm losing.

Bloating - some days I look like I'm seven months pregnant regardless of what I eat/do not eat.

Mood swings - at first I didn't think it was me...it was just all of the idiots I have to share this earth with but I can fly off into a fit of rage over something so silly as the sound of the dishwasher.

No energy - If no one woke me I honestly think I could sleep for days! I'm constantly tired regardless of how much sleep I get and have no energy whatsoever.

NO LIBIDO - and it's in capitals because there is nothing...not even a niggling (and Papaduke is a cutey!) The way I'm feeling I could care less if I never had sex again ever and same goes for kisses and cuddles.

Fevers - every month I get a fever every day for about a week. Nothing really high, always around 38 but enough of a fever for me to notice.

Inability to lose weight - even with watching what I'm eating, exercising and Reductil my weight stayed the same. After 6wks on Reductil I had lost 1kg...

In the past month it's all got too much and I've been for a *****oscopy to find out if I had diverticulitis (I don't) and full blood work done which all came back fine.

Going by a process of elimination I'm now just left with the Mirena as the cause of all my woes unless I may have missed something else (but I'm pretty sure the 14 tests on my blood would have turned up something if it was there)

Anyone else had these same symptoms and had the Mirena?

And I've just realised I've prattled on like those 'crazy Mirena ladies' so apologies...
    I know this post is ancient but I had to reply in case someone else comes looking for answers. Oh my god yes! All of what you said is what has been happening to me with the mirena! Especially no libido to the point of being completely weirded out by the prospect of sex. I would be happy to never have it ever again lol. But really all of it. So tired all the time. Hair falling out like it did after I had my baby. Can not lose weight and actually gaining a little no matter what I do. Look pregnant all the time. Getting weirdly pudgy in the mid section. It's like I'm going through menopause. It horrible.

I had it removed today. Didnt even hurt thankfully. Can't say how different I feel yet except to say that having it out I can feel the difference of just not having a foreign object in my uterus even though I didn't feel like I could tell the difference before, I certainly can now.

I will post again in a month say what's changed.

Never again. Mirena is horrible. No periods are great but not at the expense of never wanting sex ever- kinda defeats the purpose. And if that's not enough looking bloated and half your hair falling out really kinda kills your vibe. But wait there's more! The cherry on top was this feeling of always being tired and a kind of weird emotional numbing effect.

If I ever feel the need to not want to interact with people and or have sex or another relationship again my first port of call will be getting the Mirena put in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KaraB View Post
    I know this post is ancient but I had to reply in case someone else comes looking for answers. Oh my god yes! All of what you said is what has been happening to me with the mirena! Especially no libido to the point of being completely weirded out by the prospect of sex. I would be happy to never have it ever again lol. But really all of it. So tired all the time. Hair falling out like it did after I had my baby. Can not lose weight and actually gaining a little no matter what I do. Look pregnant all the time. Getting weirdly pudgy in the mid section. It's like I'm going through menopause. It horrible.

I had it removed today. Didnt even hurt thankfully. Can't say how different I feel yet except to say that having it out I can feel the difference of just not having a foreign object in my uterus even though I didn't feel like I could tell the difference before, I certainly can now.

I will post again in a month say what's changed.

Never again. Mirena is horrible. No periods are great but not at the expense of never wanting sex ever- kinda defeats the purpose. And if that's not enough looking bloated and half your hair falling out really kinda kills your vibe. But wait there's more! The cherry on top was this feeling of always being tired and a kind of weird emotional numbing effect.

If I ever feel the need to not want to interact with people and or have sex or another relationship again my first port of call will be getting the Mirena put in.
    It's funny how we're all so different! I've had almost zero side effects. I'm exactly as I was before, except periods have stopped all together now. I'm able to lose weight easily if I want (not that I need to), I was worried about possible weight gain but it hasn't happened and I've had it in nearly 2 years now. My libido is fine (DP only just keeps up, lol)I find it interesting that I've had no side effects and yet some people get it all. Weird.