ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by squishie View Post
    Why don't you have it removed???
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauzy View Post
    @DesperatelySeekingSleep
    I got mine put in in feb and I now haven't had anything at all for 3 months. No spotting nothing. My GP warned me to expect the worst for the few months. She also offered that if after a few months things didn't improve she could give me something extra to stop bleeding. Maybe go back and see your dr and have a chat with them about it.
    I have tried every other medication to regulate and control af. They have basically said short of a hysterectomy there isn't much more that can be done. I have been on the pill, tranexamic acid, northestirone(high dose progesterone) 15mg a day and 5 mg a day, and another that I forget the name of. I have also had a couple hysteroscopies that revealed major scarring as well. Because of my age, the fact the degree of bleeding has improved, and me not being 100% on the idea of a hysterectomy they won't do one yet, same goes for uterine ablation.

they don't want me on the high dose stuff anymore because I had been on it for way longer than is recommended which increases the risk of heart disease, clots, osteoporosis dramatically. They told me to give the Mirena a go and if I give it a chance and it doesn't work then they will have exhausted all non permanent alternatives.
    Last edited by DesperatelySeekingSleep; 27-11-2013 at 12:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DesperatelySeekingSleep, I am in similar boat. However, my gyne did not have much hope about it, he wanted to give it a try before going for hysterectomy. First 5-6 months with Mirena was not that good, I keep gaining weight and feel lost. Only good thing was it helped reduce bleeding, huge relief for a someone who was heavily bleeding most of the time. I did not worry too much about weight gain or other side effects as long as it help to reduce bleeding. 18 months in, I am back to square one. I am bleeding again, not as bad as before but with all other issues it is not worth for me. My am going to have hysterectomy.

I believe Mirena works better if you do not have other underlying issues. For those of us with other problems, it is a hope it will work.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hksl For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (27-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Im freaked after reading this!! My ob wont do my tubes I have to see someone else after I have ds. So now I have beem told mirena. No other contraception works with meds

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Im freaked after reading this!! My ob wont do my tubes I have to see someone else after I have ds. So now I have beem told mirena. No other contraception works with meds

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Just do your research. My main gripe is I really don't like the idea of something 'up there' and the fact that not 1 but 3 dr's have pretty much insisted on it.

I know quite a few people who love it and swear by the Mirena. Me personally though.. I'm giving a good try. Even if it is to stick it to the dr's. but that doesn't stop me from hating it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have endometriosis and PCOS. I've found the Mirena to be fantastic. I have read about other women not having a good experience with it but I haven't had any major issues so far. Yes the first few months were hard but once it kicked in, for me it was worth it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lauzy For This Useful Post:

White Mage  (29-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    @DesperatelySeekingSleep
    Have you tried the regular pill in conjunction with the mirena? The Progesterone treatment with the COC might help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    @DesperatelySeekingSleep
    Have you tried the regular pill in conjunction with the mirena? The Progesterone treatment with the COC might help?
    No I haven't but I suspect some of it is withdrawal bleed because I was on such a high dose before hand and also I think the Mirena itself is causing the rest of the bleeding because I quite often get bleeding if I get knocked in my tummy area, bend over the wrong way etc and I usually feel a short sharp stabbing pain as well.

Edit: and they don't want me to use the regular pill because it has estrogen. I spent almost 2 years on progesterone therapy trying to shrink a fibroid and estrogen will make it grow again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    wow. I am now understanding whats going on with me. I am not myself I have my hormones taken over me and have made me not recognise myself, my fun loving nature and happiness has changed into rage and tears. I had mine put in in November 2013 and I am not sure if I keep trying or get it out!!!!! I am more scared out trying to get it out as I had it put in while I had a operation. I also are growing large cysts again and have had extreme pain in my groin lymth glands. I have never had so much pain and rage in me. my world is crumbling around me, what do I do? help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's super easy to get out, get an app with a GP who removes them or a gynae x

White Mage is online now Today has been cancelled, go back to bed.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I thought I would update you all on my Mirena..

After a year and a half, I started bleeding non-stop since before Xmas.
    An ultrasound revealed that my IUD had shifted, and now had to be removed.
    After 3 drs attempted to remove the IUD, 40mins of pain, and breaking the cover over the shaft of the IUD rod. It is stuck in my cervix.
    Spent 5hrs in a hospital to find out that the Gyno is to busy to see me. And that I will need day surgery -HysterOCTOmy- to remove it. I am booked for 13th of Feb for it.

The Gyno said to me, in the 9yrs that the Mirena has been out there, I am the 2nd 'stuck' case she has ever dealt with.