+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wandering if anyone is continuing this thread?
    I would like to chat about mirena coil to some people with their experiences and opinions.
    I have one and I think i'll have to have it out but I want to weigh up my options first. I have put on so much weight and i'm so moody (angry, sad etc) I have to put things into perspective as we have moved from Tamworth to Townsville in July so that did cause stress and exhaustion however I got my Merina in May and took the mini pill before my appointment to get it in.
    I've since had pregnancy symptoms plus including headaches backpain nausea bad PMS that seems to last weeks and lots of weight gain which is really getting me down. Yes I only get minimal spotting which is great but I am not sure it's worth the rest of it. I am feeling that depression is starting to creep back into my life which I have suffered previously from. I think perhaps DR's should actually tell you the possible side effects before just handing out a script and saying that it's brilliant I beg to differ.
    What are you thoughts on this?
    I also don't particularly want periods like I had them and I don't want to be pregnant at this stage so I am not sure what the answer is.

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    perhaps direct me to a thread or a person that can help me?
    Ta

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It made me feel really angry all the time. Within a few days of having itout I felt normal again. I only had it in for 5 weeks but was not willing to wait it out.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by AceAri8 View Post
    Just wandering if anyone is continuing this thread?
    I would like to chat about mirena coil to some people with their experiences and opinions.
    I have one and I think i'll have to have it out but I want to weigh up my options first. I have put on so much weight and i'm so moody (angry, sad etc) I have to put things into perspective as we have moved from Tamworth to Townsville in July so that did cause stress and exhaustion however I got my Merina in May and took the mini pill before my appointment to get it in.
    I've since had pregnancy symptoms plus including headaches backpain nausea bad PMS that seems to last weeks and lots of weight gain which is really getting me down. Yes I only get minimal spotting which is great but I am not sure it's worth the rest of it. I am feeling that depression is starting to creep back into my life which I have suffered previously from. I think perhaps DR's should actually tell you the possible side effects before just handing out a script and saying that it's brilliant I beg to differ.
    What are you thoughts on this?
    I also don't particularly want periods like I had them and I don't want to be pregnant at this stage so I am not sure what the answer is.

Thanks in advance
    I'm now on medication for heavy periods, maybe chat to your GP about that option instead? Mine are very mild now and no angry side effects!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had the copper IUD. One week before each period I'd become withdrawn and really depressed (DP called in Into the Abyss blues) and it made my periods go from 3 days till 8. I still had a libido because I didnt have the hormones but I had the manic episodes. After 6 months of giving it a go DP and I decided that we needed to do something else because the cost of sanity was to high. That afternoon I took it out myself and felt so good about it, my periods went back to normal and I have stopped experiencing the abyss moods.
    Last edited by ThreePeasPlease; 14-11-2013 at 23:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I've now had a Mirena in for 3 months and I've had no side effects whatsoever. My AF is getting lighter and lighter each time. I love it so far. Only thing I can think of that would beat it is a vasectomy for the male.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies most helpful think ill just get it out made appointment for tomorrow. Im over the inbalance mentally its such a struggle and im sure its causing the anger depression and weight gain amongst other things. Fingers crossed this makes a drastic change I need to feel better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I've now had a Mirena in for 3 months and I've had no side effects whatsoever. My AF is getting lighter and lighter each time. I love it so far. Only thing I can think of that would beat it is a vasectomy for the male.
    That's what we've done!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got my Mirena out last month and I think I am making better progress with my health and I do feel much better. I am back on the mini pill now cause I really don't know what else to do but It's probably good cause I am trying to relactate so the mini pill will suit if I can bf again.
    I hope everyone else is doing well.
    Personally I wouldn't recommend the Mirena; although if someone asked me I would say look into it it does work for some but for me those side effects were worse than having pregnancy hormones.
    Have a great weekend
    cheers
    Ari

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Follow up

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa7 View Post
    I have had the Mirena in since Oct 08 and love it!!!

Don't even know it's there and have had no pain apart from a slight bit of cramping in the first few days.

Sometimes I wonder if it makes a difference who puts them in too, my obs did mine and he does it all the time and I think he is brilliant.
    How did you end up going with your Mirena? Are you still happy with it??
    Look forward to your reply...