+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Mirena Side Effects?

I only had mine in for 2 weeks but I had constant cramping and sex was painful. Cramping was gone the next day too hubby is away so I haven't had sex since.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefully2 View Post
    Ok so I cancelled my appointment and have not thought about any other contraception. I don't want hormones or snips.
    I haven't had any issues with my mirena (apart from falling pregnant with DD3!), am now on the second one and I don't have any side effects that I am aware of.

I don't get AF at all, but once a month get some bloating and the occasional cramp for a day or 2. Otherwise no problems, loosing weight is not an issue recently went from a size 14 to a size 10 just by increasing my exercise.

None of the other problems people have mentioned are an issue. I'm really happy with the mirena, love that I don't get AF!! Much better than the heavy flow I used to get and 10 days of cramps, nausea and exhaustion.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Mirena Side Effects?

Quote Originally Posted by Dannielle View Post
    Oh, good. I hope I start to feel better just as quick!

What about other symptoms if you had them? How long before they got better?
    Headoverfeet I hope you feel better soon.
    Danielle, I can't really say. I had/have PND, I think I'm just about recovered now but I don't know if it pre-dated the mirena, I just can't say how much it contributed. It was all mental problems with me, I think I was struggling before I had it in, but If I was to graph my feelings, you would see a massive dip around the time I had it in. Who can say? I am terrified to use anything else tho, I won't take any contraceptives, my body and mind have had all they can take and that is a very sad thing to say.

**Nothing spells as goof as typo splats**

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Mirena Side Effects?

Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    So good to hear someone else feeling better so soon! I thought it was all in my head as I felt better the next morning!! It was like someone had yanked this horrible angry person out of me!
    Snap. It makes you feel so schizo, crazy angry lady one day, normal the next. Tho I do tend to be sensitive to medication, I took Larium for an Asia trip 12 years ago and that sent me into a depressive state to :$

**Nothing spells as goof as typo splats**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Gothel, thanks. Yeah, I guess thats the thing with me too especially with the anxiety symptom. I did already have anxiety/panic attack problems before the mirena but it has gradually become worse since the mirena. I guess that bit could have been me too, who knows.

I do feel a bit better today. It's hard to say whether it's because of the mirena itself or just because I made the decision to get it out and it's finally out after waiting so long for my appointment.

I don't need contraception (girls are ICSI) so I don't have to worry about that bit but I had terrible periods so will have to deal with that again until I get it sorted.

My Gyno seemed to think it's very rare to feel like a crazy person on the mirena but he did admit that it does happen. Seem's SO much more than very rare though.
    Last edited by Dannielle; 08-09-2012 at 17:53.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just wanted to give the heads up for those looking at having it removed, make sure you have not had unprotected sex leading up to the removal, I had mine taken out just after ovulation and a fertilized egg implanted= pregnant (ended in m/c). Wish my doc had of asked!

Thanks
    Reviews

Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews

Last edited by Liddybugs; 27-04-2014 at 19:16.

Thanks
    Reviews

A lot of what the previous posters are saying with side effects. I had that as well. But the most prominent one was the high bp. Pre mirena 100/60. During mirena up to 160/138. It is a less discussed side effect but it can be life threatening if left untreated. I was put on antenol which has helped. But now I am utd. I had my mirena in for 2 years. Only having it removed late August this year.

Thanks
    Reviews

Bump