ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Mirena Side Effects?

Omg I have an appointment in two weeks to have one put in. Going to cancel!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Both my Gyno and GP said it wasn't the Mirena causing my problems. I wish I didn't listen to them now. Apart from everything else I have put on so much weight its not funny.

I decided to make my Gyno take it out and have an appointment in about 2 and a half weeks. My GP wasn't happy about giving me the referal to go back and get it out though. It means I will probably need a uterus ablation later on as I got the mirena for really really bad periods. But I can't just walk around putting on weight all the time for no real reason.

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Against all better judgement I had it inserted today, wasnt too bad and I feel fine now. No spotting/bleeding yet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Copying from another post I just did...

Just thought I’d throw my experience out there. I had Mirena for nearly two years, and I absolutely regret it! At first I was totally happy with it and would rave about it to anyone who would listen. But then about a year and a half into it, I was researching yet another weird symptom I was having and I realised that the Mirena was causing sooo many issues that had only started gradually once I’d gotten the IUD. Add to that the fact that I had to get on a waiting list to go under general anesthesia (sp?) to get the thing out (the strings had pulled up into the cervix) – and only after two very painful attempts by my GP and gyno to get it out – and I will never, ever reconsider that thing again! By the time I finally had it removed, I had hit 35 symptoms, some of which I’m still dealing with (particularly the severe general anxiety).

I realise everyone’s different, but in my mind, it’s just not worth the risk of going through all that

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

I had mine pulled out 2 weeks later due to how much of a b!tch I turned into

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Ok so I cancelled my appointment and have not thought about any other contraception. I don't want hormones or snips.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thought I would update. I thought my mirena was working well at first and then after a while I had doubts. My GP and Gyno both said it wasn't the mirena. So many weird things that pretty much made me feel like I'm falling apart.

backaches
    needed glasses
    put on heaps of weight despite trying hard to loose it
    thining hair
    anxiety worse
    loosing a lot of hair
    and yep low libido which didn't happen at first
    Oh, and just plain not liking cuddles

there is probably more symptoms too but they were the worst.

I was told its just my age and its very very unlikely its the mirena with my weight and eyes and back. But I stuck to my decision and got it taken out today.

Now to just wait and see if everything gets better. Then I will probably have to think seriously about the Uterus Ablation later on. But the thought of an operation scares me.

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Mirena Side Effects?

I don't understand how they are still supplying this thing! I have heard so many horror stories, and almost went insane myself with it, I had intense mood settings and just felt awful. Had it out just to see what happened, and felt better that evening. I would never ever recommend it to anyone, ever

**Nothing spells as goof as typo splats**

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    I don't understand how they are still supplying this thing! I have heard so many horror stories, and almost went insane myself with it, I had intense mood settings and just felt awful. Had it out just to see what happened, and felt better that evening. I would never ever recommend it to anyone, ever

**Nothing spells as goof as typo splats**
    So good to hear someone else feeling better so soon! I thought it was all in my head as I felt better the next morning!! It was like someone had yanked this horrible angry person out of me!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (07-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh, good. I hope I start to feel better just as quick!

What about other symptoms if you had them? How long before they got better?