+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone using the pill

Hi everyone. I have just realised i have posted this in the wrong section!!!!

I just wanted to ask a question to anyone who takes the pill. I want to know if you miss the pill, apart from the obvious risk of pregnancy, do you suffer any side effects and what are they??
    Last edited by mum2girls; 18-06-2006 at 18:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey im not on the pill anymore *obviously* but i dont think there are any side effects of missing the pill?? Besides of course, risking getting pregnant.

I do remember when i started taking it like 2 years ago, the first few months i would always forget a tablet at least once a month. And nothing ever happened from that i'd just remember to take 2 at the same time the next day!

Once i didnt take it for 3 days because i forgot to take my pill packet when i went camping for a few days and i got a very very slight period that only lasted like 2-3 days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You shouldnt have any side effects if you have only missed one. If you miss more on consecutive days, you will most likely get a period. So I suggest that you continue with the period (providing you hadnt just had one), and continue to take the pill every day after that.
    I suggest that you cut out 1 or 2 pills from the packet and put them in your handbag, that way if you ever forget to take it, you have a spare with you.

Other than an increased risk of pregnancy, you shouldnt have any side effects.

Cheers, Rachel