+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default HGC Levels????

Hi, New here,

i had 2 positive preg tests, had a blood test yesterday and the levels were very low 19 infact, this is my 3rd preg, I feel very strong that everything is ok, and feel very preg, is this low, although date of conception was 2 weeks ago I am 4 weeks preg, is this normal for this many weeks, I am having another blood test tomorrow..??????

It just seems very low has anyone else had theres this low and still had a healthy pregnancy?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, a similar situation happened to me. I got a faint (put definitely positive) home pregnancy test around 13 days after conception, so excitedly booked myself an appointment with my doctor for a blood test.
    When I went back 2 days later to get the results, he said "I'm sorry but your HCG level in only 22. This is not a viable pregnancy - you are miscarrying. You should expect the bleeding to start in a few days".

I left the doctors shattered, as I couldn't believe I was going to miscarry. 4 days later I still had no bleeding. I still had another pregnancy test in my bathroom so I took it - and within seconds a big fat positive line came up. I was confused, as I assumed my HCG levels would have been dropping as I had been told I was miscarrying, so how did a home pregnancy test still come back positive? Then I got excited as I thought 'maybe the doctor was wrong maybe I am still pregnant and not miscarrying!' so I went back to my doctor and explained to him that I was still not bleeding and that I had another positive HPT. He gave me one of his urine tests to do in his office - and surprise it was positive! My doctor took my bloods again, and when I came back in 2 days he said my HCG level was 510!

He couldn't believe his eyes - he said that he was sure I had been miscarrying with HCG levels as low as 22. But nope he was wrong - I was pregnant! I'm now 37 weeks, and besides some awful morning sickness I've had a very healthy pregnancy, and have a very healthy little boy on the way!

I would suggest waiting a few days and go back and have more bloods done. There's definitely a chance you could be pregnant.

I'll have my fingers crossed for you! Good luck

Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Dont want to be a downer, but I had the same experience last month and it wasnt good news...only difference was I started spotting the day after my BFP. My HCG level was 20 on the Monday, by Thursday it was 18

Having said that, when I was stressing about it, there were lots of positive stories out there, so hopefully yours is one of them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you are sure of your O date it's quite low. If not then it could be OK, you may have O'd later than normal & therefore bubs implanted a little later than you initially thought therefore the HCG being so low could be OK.

I had a similar low HCG - 20 & it did not end well. I knew it was too low as I knew exactly when I'd O'd. My GP however didn't think it was low & just congratulated me... I insisted on another test & sure enough it had dropped to 11.

Best of luck with the next result.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a hcg of 30 at 14 DPO - and spotting - I now have a healthy 12 week old son....good luck to you. ts the doubling that matters.....get tested again and see how it goes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for your comments, I'm not sure how I feel, I have another blood test today and I get the results back @ 7pm, Im feeling very good about it though, I have had an early loss before and I think that why im worried. I am just going to think possitive it is a different pregnancy and I am hoping for the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blood test results 48 hours later had doubled, is this normal, I thought it would have gone up some, my doc thinks im only a fw weeks from conception????

Thanks
    Reviews
    doubling in 48 hours is good!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had some slight spotting on toilet paper this morning .. just expecting the worst, hoping just inplanation spotting..

Praying everything is ok..

Thanks
    Reviews
    jender you have given me a little hope!