View Poll Results: What is the gross income in your household?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0-15,000

    4 1.78%
  • 15,000 - 30,000

    21 9.33%
  • 30,000 - 50,000

    41 18.22%
  • 50,000 - 70,000

    34 15.11%
  • 70,000 - 100,000

    52 23.11%
  • 100,000 - 150,000

    37 16.44%
  • 150,000 - 200,000

    13 5.78%
  • 200,000 - 250,000

    7 3.11%
  • 250,000 - 300,000

    4 1.78%
  • 300,000 - 400,000

    2 0.89%
  • 400,000 - 500,000

    1 0.44%
  • 500,000 - 700,000

    1 0.44%
  • 700,000 - 900,000

    1 0.44%
  • 900,000 - 1,000,000

    0 0%
  • 1,000,000 +

    7 3.11%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 127
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    10,618
    Thanks
    905
    Thanked
    1,482
    Reviews
    19
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What the heck is humint? I've never heard of that

    ETA: okay i looked it up. Sounds very mysterious and interesting.
    Last edited by MothersMilk; 03-06-2009 at 17:42.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,816
    Thanks
    379
    Thanked
    390
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    so curious ladies! Never heard of humint either, googled that one, very interesting!

    DH makes a more than decent wage as a civil engineer. Hoping to make a big move into trading shares and commodities by the end of the year (six figure move ), training and educating myself now. That will be my job so to speak. DH will be able to retire within 5 years, but my plan is for 3 years, he has always dreamed of retiring at 45 so I will make that happen (excuse all the positive thinking, I've just read 'The Secret' , so no 'maybes' or 'hopefully's allowed )

    By then we might be able to select the $1million+ club

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,599
    Thanks
    3,256
    Thanked
    4,044
    Reviews
    8
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    That was almost a depressing excersize. I was hoping to see that tere were lots of families in our position, but it appears that the 'average' family is livin off twice our yearly income

    *fingers crossed* I can find a job ladies, cos we're financially up a particular creek without a paddle!

    I just need to find one, half decent, full time nannying job and I think we can survive!

    - also - OMG how do you earn $1,000,000 a year?!?!?! Share a little with the rest of us!

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Redlands, QLD
    Posts
    7,083
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked
    71
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by myersmummy View Post
    So I have been a scheme artist, a female escort and famous

    Well to put you out of your misery I will tell you that I work in the humint industry ( as I like to call it) and leave it at that.

    so you come to bubhub to collect and rob us of our intelligence then?

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cremorne, Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    260
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chel87 View Post
    That was almost a depressing excersize. I was hoping to see that tere were lots of families in our position, but it appears that the 'average' family is livin off twice our yearly income

    *fingers crossed* I can find a job ladies, cos we're financially up a particular creek without a paddle!

    I just need to find one, half decent, full time nannying job and I think we can survive!

    - also - OMG how do you earn $1,000,000 a year?!?!?! Share a little with the rest of us!
    I hope you can find a job soon.

    You have to remember, too, that whilst some of us have a high-ish income, we may also have high expenses too. DH earns 110k pre-tax BUT our rent takes up 42% of his take-home pay. Because of us living close to his work.

    We *could* move further out and probably pay half the amount of rent we currently do (or even pay less if we ever get around to buying a place) BUT we have chosen to live in this area, and it's notorious for being rather expensive (and not just housing, everything costs that little bit more in this area, even groceries!).

  6. #106
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    71
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    I would have to agree with TillyG. The higher the income the harder you work, the more stress you get and bigger the risk you have of crashing.

    I think you might find that majority of the "average family" is struggling day to day.

    Some of the post i read I do not believe. As much as some ppl claim the 1,000,000+. If they sold everything they earn and paid out all there bills I think you might find they would be no better off then everyone.
    In saying that, I admire everyones success as I know how hard it is to get it and all the strain it can cause on the way.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Haunted House
    Posts
    10,891
    Thanks
    1,538
    Thanked
    1,568
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TillyG View Post
    I hope you can find a job soon.

    You have to remember, too, that whilst some of us have a high-ish income, we may also have high expenses too. DH earns 110k pre-tax BUT our rent takes up 42% of his take-home pay. Because of us living close to his work.

    We *could* move further out and probably pay half the amount of rent we currently do (or even pay less if we ever get around to buying a place) BUT we have chosen to live in this area, and it's notorious for being rather expensive (and not just housing, everything costs that little bit more in this area, even groceries!).
    Many people would love to live closer to their work. They do live further out and have to travel long distances. Just because someone works in the city or in an expensive area that doesn't mean they earn a mint. There are all sorts of jobs on every level all over the place.

    So really that is your choice.

    V8 i have to disagree with you too, because poverty brings far more stress then some people can ever imagine.

    My life is far less stressful now that i am not living in poverty.

    Also some of the hardest workers I have ever met work long hours at low paid jobs.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,917
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked
    12
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    v8, i have to disagree too.

    we make a very nice wage, and dh works 6-7 days a week, 9-14 hours a day, so yes he works REALLY hard for us to have a nice wage,
    BUT i know plenty of people working as hard as him who arnt half as well paid as him.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Cremorne, Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    260
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sockstealingpoltergeist View Post
    Many people would love to live closer to their work. They do live further out and have to travel long distances. Just because someone works in the city or in an expensive area that doesn't mean they earn a mint. There are all sorts of jobs on every level all over the place.

    So really that is your choice.

    V8 i have to disagree with you too, because poverty brings far more stress then some people can ever imagine.

    My life is far less stressful now that i am not living in poverty.

    Also some of the hardest workers I have ever met work long hours at low paid jobs.
    Oh I agree it's our choice to live where we do (and to be honest, living where we do has "spoiled" us for other areas - nowhere else can come close to comparing at the moment!).

    However, before we moved to Sydney we lived in the UK. And DH used to have to drive 90 mins to work and back each day, along a hideous route. He hardly saw DD (would leave just as she got up and would rarely be home before she went to bed) and it really took a toll on our marriage too. Plus he used to have to work away a fair bit too.

    So, when we emigrated (having never been to Australia before!), we made the decision that we'd rather live close to his work in order to cut down on the commuting, because of the damage the commute did to our relationship before.

    Even now, 3 years on, I'm not comfortable with moving more than 30mins away from his work to be honest. I like the area we live in and we've pretty much decided that if we ever buy, we'd rather buy a small 2-bed unit here than a big 3-4 bed house further out. Just because living close to his work has had such a positive effect on our marriage.

    So yes, we choose to pay what we do and we are lucky that we can afford to do so. However, we wouldn't have emigrated had we not been able to do so - we always said that as long as it was financially viable to live here, then we would. If it gets to the point where we're struggling then we will rethink things and possibly head back to the UK - there's no point being miserable AND far from home!

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In the sticks!!
    Posts
    20,635
    Thanks
    3,222
    Thanked
    2,541
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would have to agree with TillyG. The higher the income the harder you work, the more stress you get and bigger the risk you have of crashing.
    I cannot even begin to tell you how strongly I disagree with this. Hard work does not always equal big money. That misconception really, really bugs me when I see how hard my husband works, day and night


 

Similar Threads

  1. Most useful household appliance
    By baby4us in forum House & Gardens
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 16-12-2012, 19:56
  2. Day - 25 Just another crazy day in our household.
    By LoveLivesHere in forum anewme
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-11-2012, 01:27
  3. What was your household taxable income for 2011/2012?
    By share a book in forum General Chat
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 30-07-2012, 10:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
FEATURED SUPPORTER
Maternity ClothesLooking to buy maternity clothes? :: Check the bubhub directory of local & online maternity clothes shops :: Find ...
FORUMS - chatting now ...
REVIEWS
"Made bed time less anxious"
by Meld85
My Little Heart Whisbear - the Humming Bear reviews ›
"Wonderful natural Aussie made product!"
by Mrstwr
Baby U Goat Milk Moisturiser reviews ›
"Replaced good quality with cheap tight nappies"
by Kris
Coles Comfy Bots Nappies reviews ›