+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Are you a Single Parent that met someone and had more children?

I'm just wondering how often it happens. Being single myself and wanting more children [not in a hurry] Would love to hear some stories of single mothers who met 'mr right' and had more children

jag5000 is offline "tickled pink"
    Winner 2008 Most helpful member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    well.. I did.. kind of

I broke up with DD's dad while preg... always kept in touch for DD and were nice and all. 6 years later we found there was still a spark there.. 2 years later got married, a year later DS was born!

I know that's not going to happen in your life! but there ARE good guys out there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes... I am pregnant with my 3rd, (2nd to DH), my first husband passed away 5 years ago.

I never *ever* thought I would have more kids and had told my DD 'it's just you and me'.

I told the midwife after DS (my 2nd) was born 'well i never thought i'd be doing this again!' which I think she was quite surprised by.

jag5000 is offline "tickled pink"
    Winner 2008 Most helpful member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    that's lovely Maire!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it happened to me. Im currently not single and about to get married to the man I met when I was 12 weeks pregnant with my now 5 yo son!
    I already had 3 pre teens when he came along and had been a single mum for about 5 years, I accidently fell pregnant to a man who was a 'friend with benifits'who ran away screaming.
    My now Fiancee has taken on my other 4 children ( the 5yo thinks DH is his dad although he knows about the biological) and we also have a 6mo DD of our own. He is an absolute god send of a man!
    It really is a bit of a fairy tale really but dont stop believing because although some men are ordinary there are some really special men out there too.
    Good luck for your future xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep... after 8yrs as a siingle mum, I met my now hubby... his wife had passed away, leaving him with their DS (and 2 step sons who returned to their dad, and we don't see any more...), and we are now pregnant with our second... it can happen, especially when you don't expect it to!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I've been a relationship with a man who isn't my daughter's father for almost a year. We're nowhere near having children, but we live together happily, and have no real problems... we speak about the children in our future, and I believe there will be.

So, we're not quite there, because neither of us are ready for more children... but we do believe it will happen, eventually, when we're ready for it to.

He has no children of his own, but has taken on DD as if she were his.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gives me hope and is wonderful to hear!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely!
    I got pregnant at 18 to my jerk of an ex...found out 5 days after we broke up. Had my precious son on my 19th b'day and didn't date anyone at all until I got together with DH when he was 2.5yrs old. We got engaged 3 months later and married the following year and have now been together 4 and a half years. We are expecting our second bub together (we lost one last year), but DS calls him 'Dad' and sometimes I forget he isn't his bio dad!
    Couldn't be happier TBH... I remember being single and giving away all of DS's baby clothes as never thought I would have another one/get married etc. But it DOES happen, and I think being single with a child also helps weed out the men that just couldn't be bothered and leaves you with the really special ones IYKWIM!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone for sharing. Wonderful stores to hear. It seems most of the time it doesn't happen for awhile though. I'm in no hurry don't get me wrong I just never thought I'd have my second child when my DD was preteen/ teen. Everything happens for a reason and I'm really enjoying our alone time together. Somehow I don't think I will ever meet anyone. But it's so nice to hear to you all have - makes it seem slighly more probable then impossible.

nic23 - I'm so sorry to hear about your first child together
    Last edited by Jensha; 25-05-2009 at 13:10.