+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    also... how much weight is the baby (fetus) gaining per week... if i am now at 33 weeks and she suspects that my baby is 3.75lbs ..and i read somewhere that they gain around 0.5lbs per week.. that still means that he can gain 3lbs till 40 weeks.. so that puts him at 6.75 lbs and not 5lbs or 5.5 i don't understant how she calculates that thing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jelana, Im sorry to hear about your situation, i know its very hard but try to stay as calm as possible it will help you and your little man.
    Our little girl was 4lb 7oz and she is doing well now. Our girl was small mainly because my placenta was abnormal and was not feeding her well enough, so it may not mean your bub has any other issues.
    What ever you do don't blame your self or worry about the 'what if's'. I always tried to take a deep breath and ask for the strength to deal with whatever the outcome may be.
    My thoughts are with you and please keep us updated on your progress.
    About the weight gain, IUGR babes don't grow as well as normal bubs so i doubt that he will put on as much weight as a normal babe in the last few weeks but I hope he is the exception!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah.. i'm just mad because i had to find out like this.. the dr asked me if i wanted my last ultra sound by choice..so i said yes... if i didn;t say yes.. she wouldn't even know.. they don't even measure my tummy.. my sister said when she was pregnant that they measured her every appointement she went to.. and they keep forgetting me.. it's like i don't exist.. i had to pass the test for diabetes but too late.. u'r supposed to do it by the 28th week and i did it around 31.. they always forget me.. so right now i'm ****ed because of that.. and keep wondering what if i didn't take the ultra sound .. she wouldn't know it.. right..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi there,

Firstly bug hugs to you and your partner.....its a scary time for you both.

My DS was IUGR and we only found out by accident during a late ultrasound to follow up on a few kidney issues. I had not issues during pregnancy, didnt smoke, ate well etc, but for some reason my placenta just couldnt last the distance! My son is now a happy healthy 8 month old and you would never know he was so small at birth!

Don't forget also that ultrasounds can be very inaccurate at times too.....i had a scan at 37 weeks that measured my DS to be 2.9kg, then he was born at 40 weeks weighing 2.6kg (5lb 14oz), so the scan was out be heaps! They can also be out the other way, so your bubs could be bigger.

To work out roughly what size you bub will be by birth, assuming he grows at the same rate he has been, google percentile growth charts and find out where he sits on the chart at the moment then you can follow that percentile line up to term and estimate what he will be then.

In my experience, the hospital should now be monitoring you closely 1-2 times per week minimum and doing scans and NSTs. If at any point bubs growth stops or the blood flow to the placenta declines, they may delivcer him early (as they did for us).

Good luck, hope things turn out ok for you all. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah.. they monitor me every week.. so yesterday was my first monitoring.. and i got scared but the nurse was really nice and she reassured me big time.. and i also had an intern which was really cool because she explained everything to me by book.. from a to z.. something i never got from my dr.. so after they put me on the monitor she gave me a punch in my hand and said every time he moves u punch it..it will mark an x on the paper..so i was like yeah right.. he never moves.. but somehow he starts to move a lot.. i mean really a lot.. so his heart beat was moving rapidly from 130 to 180.. so when the dr came back to check on the monitor.. she said that he has an excellent heart beat.. a strong and healthy heart beat.. at least one good thing..oh and i don't have any problem with the cord..the blood is passing trough fine.. and the placenta and the fluid seems very good.. so i really don't know what the problem is.. i am really hoping that they were just off by a pound.. and that when born he weights like a normal 7 pound baby..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with Buddy that the ultrasounds can be inaccurate. The ultrasound showed our little girl would be 2.6kg and the scan was done the day before they induced me and she was born 2.02kgs.
    Jelana its great that they are monitering you closely now and great news about your checkup. Things are looking positive for you
    Measuring your fundal height may not be so accurate as i was being measured every checkup and told all was normal. At 37 weeks i got a Bell's palsy in my face and it was only after this they did more tests and discovered the problems with bub and induced me the next day to have her.
    I found that the interns/registrars that i had were more helpful than the doctors too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default 12 month IUGR babies stats??

for those with older IUGR bubs, what were their 12 month old stats??
    Hunter just had his and his weight is 7.8kg, height is 71cm & head circumference is 49cm
    very interested to know what others were??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jasmine was born 4lb 7oz or 2.02kg, length was 43cm and head was 30cm.
    She was at 11 months old (will be 12 months in 2 weeks) 7.69kg, length 70.5cm, head 43cm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My H was weight 7240gms length 69.5cm and H/C 45cms

he was 1705gms, 44cm and 32cm born

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thanks guys.. he does have a massive head lol