ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pennylane View Post
    Its great to see a chat thread for us IUGR mummys!!

hows Edwards weight going Julie??
    Wrong question .

After making heroic efforts to get to 9kg he has now plataued and there has been no weight gain for 3m, and he is taking less formula .

But he isn't loosing so I am gratefull for small mercys .

Hows you DD's weight doing? She had pretty good catch up growth hey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naiwen View Post
    DS weighed about that at 4m corrected (when he was acutally 4m he was about 2kg LOL).

I know it is scary but hopefully they will come up with ways to help his weight, maybe add a fortifier to his bottles?

thanks, whats a fortifier?
    he has recently been changed to neocate prescribed formula due to suspected intolerances/allergies but are still waiting for his blood test results to come back...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelymum View Post
    Glad to hear things are looking up!! We are seeing speech path/dietician (feeding clinic) on Friday so hopefully things may be on the up and up for my little lady!! The only thing that stops me going insane is that she still drinks 2 bottles of formula every day (although I only just started her back on formula 8 weeks ago after we found out she is anemic wish I had have kept her on it after she hit 12 months but I listend to MCHN advice - even though she still was not eating any solid food ) hope they dont bust my chops about it on Friday because I dont think I am prepared to give up the bottle its all that stands between me and sanity and I just dont want to argue with them about the politics of bottle feeding toddlers (yeh yeh I know your not supposed to do it but I am sure when she's 21 she wont be drinking milk from a bottle )
    Just ignore the eejits that tell you they must be off bottles at 12m or all their teeth will fall out .

Total bullcr"p, DS is two, still has 4 bottles a day, has all his teeth with no caires and has them because other wise he would be dropping percentiles even faster than he already is.

What works for chubby, eat lots of food normal kids does not work for out petite munchkins .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooMummy View Post
    thanks, whats a fortifier?
    he has recently been changed to neocate prescribed formula due to suspected intolerances/allergies but are still waiting for his blood test results to come back...
    It's just a powder (like polyjoule, duocal etc) that you can add to formula to increase the calories in there.

But hopefully your DS will start stacking on the weight now he is on a formula he can acutally tolerate .

OK so a general question for you lovely ladies , what percentiles are your little ones one.

Just thought we would do a survey .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by naiwen View Post
    It's just a powder (like polyjoule, duocal etc) that you can add to formula to increase the calories in there.

But hopefully your DS will start stacking on the weight now he is on a formula he can acutally tolerate .

OK so a general question for you lovely ladies , what percentiles are your little ones one.

Just thought we would do a survey .
    ok i might ask the paed about this stuff
    he has been on formula since he was 10 days old, so he should have stacked on more weight than this??

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS isnt even on the charts, never has been
    but where the marks have been made in his blue book for weight he would be minus -2 or 3 if that makes sense??
    Last edited by MissMetal; 18-06-2009 at 09:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Julie, DD's only 9.3kg bare weighed,so not far off Edward! She's just started gaining a bit though because she was only 9.2 clothed 2 weeks ago,and she'd been that weight for months!!

She eats like a pig so its not getting food into her that a problem,its that she never sits still! we cant get weight onto her.

She has seizures now too so were trying to get that diagnosed at the moment

oh and Scarletts on the charts (finally) but only Just,and i mean Just lol on the 3rd for weight and shes on the 5th for height.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fortifier

Our IUGR baby was born 3 weeks ago at 985g, and is now 1060g. So far she's been having only breastmilk, but if she doesn't start to gain more weight the doctor wants to try some formula milk (S26) once or twice a day, to see if that helps. Our doctor hasn't recommended a fortifier, and I'm wondering if anyone else has any experience with this sort of thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope4mum when DS was in SCN they added fortifier to my EBM and never gave him formula, EBM can protect premmies from NEC (a deadly internal infection) so I would be pushing for your bub to only have your EBM with added calories if neccessary.

How many weeks was she born at?

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok i might ask the paed about this stuff
    he has been on formula since he was 10 days old, so he should have stacked on more weight than this??
    But he hs only been on neocate for a little bit right? If he was on a formula that he could not tolerate then that would explain the previous lack of weight gain hey.

DS isnt even on the charts, never has been
    but where the marks have been made in his blue book for weight he would be minus -2 or 3 if that makes sense??
    LOL that does make sense DS is in the minus catergory too.

Quote Originally Posted by pennylane View Post
    Julie, DD's only 9.3kg bare weighed,so not far off Edward! She's just started gaining a bit though because she was only 9.2 clothed 2 weeks ago,and she'd been that weight for months!!

She eats like a pig so its not getting food into her that a problem,its that she never sits still! we cant get weight onto her.

She has seizures now too so were trying to get that diagnosed at the moment

oh and Scarletts on the charts (finally) but only Just,and i mean Just lol on the 3rd for weight and shes on the 5th for height.
    Well she is doing great! I am glad she eats well, wan't to swop DS is the same, mega active but has a tiny appetite also the cheeky money!

Sorry about the seizures, DS has febrile convulsions, not as bad but I have an idea how scary that must be!

Yay for her being on the charts .

DS is 25th for head circ, -5th for height and - 10th for weight maybe? It's hard to calculate when they are below the lines hey .