+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsLozza View Post
    Couple of pics of my little man. He's now almost 3 weeks old and has gained 300g! He's feeding a lot better now, he seems to guts a lot and then spill a bit but as long as he's gaining weight it's all good!! Bad news though was he failed 3 hearing tests in his right ear so we have to take him to the neonatal audiologist to have it followed up.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...e/DSC05504.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...e/DSC05544.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/c...ence/aidan.jpg

awwww he is so cute!!
    looks like my DS did
    my DS is now 4 months and still in 0000 & newborn nappies

MyFourCubs is offline MyThreeCubs plus one- I am the luckiest Mum in the world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lovelymum View Post
    She is now a happy and somewhat healthy 21 month old. She does have an oral eating aversion - this condition I have found out is directly linked to bubs with with IUGR (but that is another story for another day)
    What oh what is an "oral eating aversion"???? My little IUGR miss doesn't eat- never has- drives me up the wall! She exists purely on prescription formuls! If you have an explanation for it, please share!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sara Edward has an oral aversion and it basicly means they dont like things/food going in their mouth, they can be very sensitive to texture, have and over sensitve gag reflex and need to feel in control about what goes in their mouth.

Edward has been seeing the feeding clinic at the Mater for his oral aversion and we have made some progress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Its great to see a chat thread for us IUGR mummys!!

hows Edwards weight going Julie??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by naiwen View Post
    Sara Edward has an oral aversion and it basicly means they dont like things/food going in their mouth, they can be very sensitive to texture, have and over sensitve gag reflex and need to feel in control about what goes in their mouth.

Edward has been seeing the feeding clinic at the Mater for his oral aversion and we have made some progress.
    Glad to hear things are looking up!! We are seeing speech path/dietician (feeding clinic) on Friday so hopefully things may be on the up and up for my little lady!! The only thing that stops me going insane is that she still drinks 2 bottles of formula every day (although I only just started her back on formula 8 weeks ago after we found out she is anemic wish I had have kept her on it after she hit 12 months but I listend to MCHN advice - even though she still was not eating any solid food ) hope they dont bust my chops about it on Friday because I dont think I am prepared to give up the bottle its all that stands between me and sanity and I just dont want to argue with them about the politics of bottle feeding toddlers (yeh yeh I know your not supposed to do it but I am sure when she's 21 she wont be drinking milk from a bottle )

MyFourCubs is offline MyThreeCubs plus one- I am the luckiest Mum in the world...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Naiwen!

Hannah still has 3 bottles a day- 150ml and 2 x 225mls. I have tried cutting them back in the hope that she will eat food- she won't. The old "they'll eat when they are hungry" doesn't work with my daughter!! I no longer have the energy to argue with her, she is doing very well on her artificial milk and that's the main thing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    little update on my DS, we just had his 4 month check up & he weighed in at 4.9kgs...
    CHN is a little concerned on his growth & has made extra app for him... im scared he may get FTT

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MyThreeCubs View Post
    Thanks Naiwen!

Hannah still has 3 bottles a day- 150ml and 2 x 225mls. I have tried cutting them back in the hope that she will eat food- she won't. The old "they'll eat when they are hungry" doesn't work with my daughter!! I no longer have the energy to argue with her, she is doing very well on her artificial milk and that's the main thing!
    Sara if it makes you feel any better Edward who is two still has 4 bottles a day and the dietician wants him to have more.

But his formula is 1.5 cals per ml so will help with weight gain if we can get it in him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooMummy View Post
    little update on my DS, we just had his 4 month check up & he weighed in at 4.9kgs...
    CHN is a little concerned on his growth & has made extra app for him... im scared he may get FTT
    DS weighed about that at 4m corrected (when he was acutally 4m he was about 2kg LOL).

I know it is scary but hopefully they will come up with ways to help his weight, maybe add a fortifier to his bottles?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooMummy View Post

TattooMummy,did they say what they would rather he weigh?? I think his weight sounds pretty good for an early,IUGR bubba especially with the feeding issues you guys have been having.