ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links to other sites but because you're a new member I can't PM you - there is a fantastic forum for parents of prem babies that has helped me immensely since Isla was born. The website is www.lilaussieprems.com.au. There are lots of parents of IUGR babies on there as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 34 weeks +2, went for a scan yesterday after spotting and they said femur meausres well below the fifth percentile & biparitiel diameter is well above the 95 percentile. No one has told me what this means theyve just referred me for another scan. Upon my own research it says that this could be an indicator for down syndrome. Has anyone experienced anything similar? What were your outcomes? I am petrified, close to due date this is nothing i was prepared for

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son in now 2yrs and 10 months old. He was born at 31+5 at 1.22kgs. I really didn't have any idea that anything was wrong until I went to my first antinatle class and noticed that I was the furthest along but had the smallest tummy. Had my routine checkup the next day and doctor sent me for an ultrasound, luckily got in the next day as the radiographer sent me straight back to the doctor who sent me straight to the hospital and I had my son by c-section about 2 hours later. He was in SCBU for about 61/2 weeks but no major complications. He is still skinny but above the 50th percentile for hieght. We have problems with asthma and a language delay but he is getting there.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IUGR for the third time!!

Hi there. Love this thread, nice to hear from others with a similar experience. I'm 37 weeks PG with #3 and found out today that in the past 4 weeks since my last scan, bubs has only done 1 weeks worth of growing!! At 33 weeks all was spot on with growth and fluid so I stupidly thought I may have dodged a bullet this time! Fundal height has stalled at 32cm, hence the scan today. My first had IUGR (though I didn't know it at the time) and was born at 41 weeks weighing 2.7kg (normal fluid and placental functioning), second was at 39 weeks and 2.9kg (placenta fine but low fluid in last 8 weeks, AFI of 5-6), today number 3 predicted to currently be 2.3kg. No idea of the cause and as placenta is ok they'll prob let me go to term again with LOTS of monitoring. Would love to have a 'normal' pregnancy for a change. My 2 children both had severe silent reflex, allergies and are very feisty-not surprised to hear there's a connection but it does mean we'll have our work cut out for us again once this one arrives!! Am always told by well meaning friends and family "oh well, at least the birth will be easier!"-er no, the heads are still large!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi There!!! I was wandering if someone could please help me ?Please forgive me if someone has already answered this question but i have not had a chance to read through all the thread.I am 25 weeks pregnant with my second baby. My first baby had IUGR and was born at 33 weeks and was 3 Pounds. the doctors did some tests after she was born and found that my kidneys failed when i was pregnant which caused the blood not to flow through the placenta properly causing IUGR, he also said that this would happen with each pregnancy and that if i take aspirin every day it should get me at least 3-4 weeks further along. and then i saw another doctor and she said there is a 30% chance i mite not get it at all. so im really confused!! i was wandering if anyone out there had IUGR caused by kidney problems? and whether they had IUGR in their second pregnancy? i am 25 weeks at the moment and the baby so far is growing fine.Thank you so much!Im a very worried mummy!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 30 weeks pregnant; baby measuring in the 5th percentile

Hi all,

I'm currently feeling a little all over the place at the moment.

I am 30 weeks and 3 days pregnant with my first and after a recent scan to check fetal growth I was told my baby girl is measuring in the 5th percentile at 1235g. I have to go back in 2 weeks for a scan to see how she is developing and was told if she drops to a lower percentile they would deliver her. If she remains in the 5th percentile it means she is still gaining weight steadily enough for me to carry her (closely monitored) to full term and that she would just be on the small side.

I just want to fast-forward these next couple of weeks to see how she's getting on and how it will all play out basically. I am trying to stay positive but I am absolutely terrified.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well and update on my bubs. After my scan which showed only 1 week of growth in 4 weeks of my pregnancy, i was induced on 13th Dec and now have a beautiful little 1 month old. She was 2.4kg at birth and had to stay in special care overnight with a glucose drip. After that she roomed in with me and we came home on day 2. All's going well now, she's gaining approx 250g a week! The placenta was tested after the birth and results were inconclusive. Obviously I just make IUGR babies for some reason or another.

Hannaht-how is it all going? I've read that aspirin can help early in the pregnancy. I don't have any knowledge about kidney problems and IUGR though.

whiteshores-is this your first pregnancy? It can be quite overwhelming to know that your baby isn't thriving like it should be. Luckily for me, it has always been after about 34 weeks that growth slows. I was left to go full term with monitoring with my first 2 IUGR babies and then my newborn was induced at 37.5 weeks. Normally they will hold off delivering baby until after 34 weeks unless baby is in danger so hopefully you can escape that fate. Keep us updated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Threebee: Yes this is my first. Overwhelmed is definitely one of the many things I'm feeling. Stories like yours I am finding very comforting at the moment as I have a real tendency to assume the worst is going to happen. As I mentioned before I wish I could just fast-forward these next couple of weeks because I feel I can't mentally prepare with what seems like a big question mark hanging over us right now.

Apologies for showing my ignorance, but is there anything I can be doing to help my little girl right now? I'm eating a balanced diet, taking prenatal vitamins, do gentle exercise and getting plenty of rest. . .but is there anything else???

Thank you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteshores View Post
    Threebee: Yes this is my first. Overwhelmed is definitely one of the many things I'm feeling. Stories like yours I am finding very comforting at the moment as I have a real tendency to assume the worst is going to happen. As I mentioned before I wish I could just fast-forward these next couple of weeks because I feel I can't mentally prepare with what seems like a big question mark hanging over us right now.

Apologies for showing my ignorance, but is there anything I can be doing to help my little girl right now? I'm eating a balanced diet, taking prenatal vitamins, do gentle exercise and getting plenty of rest. . .but is there anything else???

Thank you
    One other thing you can do is start taking a strong fish oil - it aids brain development in bub. They did a study at my hospital on the effects of a high strength fish oil on prem bubs and it showed that it helped, especially with girls for some reason! I was taking it while I breastfed my first prem (a 28 weeker) under advice from her neonatologist and then when I found out my second baby was going to be early I started taking it while pregnant and am still taking it. He was born at 29+6 weeks weighing 860g. There is one brand in particular they recommend - blackmores omega brain. The evidence was so strong that the hospital actually supplied it to me for my 28 weeker.

Good luck - I hope bub can keep cooking for a bit longer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well after a visit to the antenatal clinic yesterday and seeing a RMO a senior midwife and an OBGYN I left with some slightly more positive news. They plotted bubs growth on a graph based on the measurements from my ultrasound scans and it turns out that although she is still measuring small she's not in the 5th percentile. They think perhaps 10-15th is more accurate. I am going back to hospital for a scan tomorrow so hopefully she is gaining weight at a steady rate. I had a CTG whilst at the clinic and bubs heartbeat was strong and I am feeling plenty of movement so this is keeping me positive.

Leishi: Thanks for your reply. I told my partner about it and he returned back from the shops that very morning with Blackmores Fish Oil in hand.