+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Calling all Vegans

I'd say look at ingredients list for milk solids and check if any cheese flavored snacks contain animal rennet - the companies only have to list ingredients if it contains more than 5% so unless it specifically says suitable for vegans I'd call the companies and ask them just to be sure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Plain Smiths and Thins chips are gfv, they are the only regular ones I have found.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Mod-Wise Enough  (14-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Plain Smiths and Thins chips are gfv, they are the only regular ones I have found.

Thanks! I will ensure I have these at my BBQ.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by almai927 View Post
    Sorry 1 more...
    Often the low fat mayonnaises are vegan because they contain no egg or milk. I have the 97% fat free praise mayonnaise.

You can also get vegan tiny teddies called itsy bitsy bears (or dinosaur shapes) they are delicious. Usually found in Coles health food section.

Ok I'll stop now :P
    Hi there,
    I think (I may be wrong) that the Praise 97% fat free isn't vegan any more because it now contains lutein which is from eggs. Very annoying!!

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrsRB View Post
    Hi there,
    I think (I may be wrong) that the Praise 97% fat free isn't vegan any more because it now contains lutein which is from eggs. Very annoying!!
    Freaks out...!!!!?!?!
    I saw it on the "vegan items you can buy in Australia" facebook page so got it, tried it once and didn't even like it (luckily!!)
    I just got DP to check the lable and you are right ... and she also noticed that it was full and out of date :/ oops.

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews

Ok, I just googled it and apparently lutein can come from plants or flowers aswell and most comments I can find say praise 97% ff mayonnaise is vegan.... Hmmm...? Guess it doesn't matter anyway, it tastes bad

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have an app on my phone that tells me that tells me where ingredients are derived from (ie animal, plant both etc). I find it a must have when shopping if I am unsure of what an ingredient is.

The app is called 'Animal Free - Lifestyle'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Calling all Vegans

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Are potato chips (as in salt and vinegar etc) vegan? How about cheezels?

Found some sprinkles/100s and 1000s today for my fairy bread . Thanks for telling me what to check for.

I've bought some vegan Lollypops I found in the health food section. Any other things you would like to see in a vegan lollybag?
    The funny thing about chips is the flavours can be deceiving. I remember a while back (ingredients could have changed since) the chicken flavoured coles brand chips were vegan friendly but salt and vinegar were deffinetly not.
    I think cheezels would contain a cheese powder/flavouring containg the real thing.

Some brands of jelly beans are actually vegan friendly. Starburst were but don't seem to make the jelly beans anymore. Apparently allens are too but i've never looked into it myself.

Veg*n societies often have lists of 'safe' foods on their websites.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jelly Belly jelly beans are gf and vegan.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by OM View Post
    The app is called 'Animal Free - Lifestyle'.
    thanks, I just downloaded it now