+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default QUIT Smoking Support! Patches/Lozenges/Cold Turkey/Champix ETC

Seeing as thought there seem to be alot of us who are quitting or have recently quit, I thought (as mentioned in the other thread) it would be a good idea to start a support thread where we can come and chat about how we are feeling and how we are doing with our quit journey

I have to feed some kiddlets but I will come back and post my quit story after dinner. I have to admit I am pretty chuffed about it!
    Last edited by Baby Girl; 20-05-2009 at 16:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I quit about 8 weeks ago now. Used patches for the first 2 days then went on my own. Im finding now is about the time Im starting to crave again. I think its more of a bordeom thing for me, I miss the social side of smoking, I miss my 5 mins of time out nicking out for a smoke etc. I do however like the saving money side of things

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zada, I quit about the same time as you did. I took Champix and they worked really well for me. I get the same feeling every now and then about wanting a smoke at random times.

How did/do you find being around other smokers?

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Ok count me in ladies I just took my first champix tablet this morning and have only had 2 smokes so far today.

How is everyone else going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep count me in too, I got a script for champix today..although i've only been 'back' smoking again for the last 3 months, and almost the entire time has been 'giving up mode' (you know where you are just entirely miserable the entire time and either totally withdrawing for a day or 2 and then binge smoking for a day, then going without for another day or two)

need to get that champix script filled this arvo I'm a bit worried about the nausea and possible side effects though, ick.. but if it makes me hate them while I'm having them.. well, actually anything is worth not smoking at this point.

Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I just said something similar in another thread Zel. I commented that the tablets are giving me a headache but I guess a headache is better than lung cancer hey.

I felt a tiny bit nauseous for about 1/2hr after I had the tablet and have had a dull headache for about 45minutes now. Nothing that needs panadol or anything it's just 'there' iykwim.

The girl at my chemist said the side effects are nowhere near as bad as other tablets of this type (Zyban etc)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Dp smokes so Im ok around him. Can be near him and not want one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to pop in and say what you all are doing is awesome. I have been smoke free for nearly four months and love it. Dp is still a smoker and I hate the smell of it and make him smoke down the back of the yard lol. Good luck to you all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found that when I was taking the champix, if I took them with food I felt less nauseas (sp?). If you are taking them, don't beat yourself up about quitting from day 1, give them time to work for you, the dosage gets higher through the first week to help you ease into it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by zada View Post
    Dp smokes so Im ok around him. Can be near him and not want one.
    Thats awesome! That was the hardest thing I found in the first few days but it didn't take long to get over it, thank god.