+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default prayer for those ttc or facing labour soon

In a similar vein to Bessie's recent thread, I have been meaning to make this request:

This may sound a little strange to some, but there is something I want to do during labour that I have heard is very useful on all sorts of spiritual levels....

I heard a beautiful story that some orthodox Jewish women, whilst in labour (for as long as physically possible) call out and pray for women who struggle to get pregnant, or have histories of difficult births and pregnancies. I would like to incorporate this into my labour if the scene sets itself appropriately for it, and wondered if anyone wanted to add themselves, or relatives or friends who need prayer for these things....

If you could do one thing for me if possible tho, I need your (or their) first name and any middle names, plus the first name and any middle names of your/their father - I do not need surnames, so this can ensure privacy - pm me also if you like things to be more private.

Also, It doesnt matter what religion or denomination you are - my prayer is for all birthing women to give birth in empowerment, dignity and full health

thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sounds like a very nice idea. It would be very interesting to see how you go with that. Perhaps it might put the pain more in perspective?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Seejay Elle
    That sounds like a very nice idea. It would be very interesting to see how you go with that. Perhaps it might put the pain more in perspective?

yes, I think especially when it comes to praying for those who have issues with fertility, a sense of gratefulness for what I am priviledged to be experiencing should definately add perspective