+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default toddler bed

i have a related post in sleeping/settling. can anyone recomened a toddler bed? that isnt too pricey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What price range? Everyone has a different theory on what is/isn't pricey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i would say the max i would spend is $400 or 500 depending on what sort of bed it was i have been looking at racing car beds and they are ussalluy round the 500 mark so i am not sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    he cna climb on and off things like a couch and he climbs on the slide at day care. so i think a bed not too far off the ground he could cope with but i dont think one thats as high as the normal single beds would do well. i dunno

Thanks
    Reviews
    It depends what you want?

If you just want a cheap transitional bed for him to get used to the idea and be able to climb in and out with ease then I would recomend the bed we got from Ikea.

Is just a really low to the ground basic toddler bed and all up with matress and everything it cost us around $120 so cheap as, but very sturdy and its got an inbuilt railing to stop bub falling out.

I figure in a year or so when ds is used to being in a bed i can splurge and get him a really good king sized bed that will last him until forever HAHAHA I am so cheap but hey you have to be when your trying to raise kids on a budget
    Oh and there are other kinds of beds at ikea too that are a bit more expensive check them out here

www.ikea.com.au

If however your fine with spending up to $500 then there are heaps of gorgeous beds around
    Check these sites out

www.treehousekids.com.au

www.mywildchild.com.au

www.fantasticfurniture.com.au

www.harveynorman.com.au

www.fortywinks.com.au

Good luck on your hunt
    Last edited by nemosmum; 17-06-2006 at 06:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We are actually off today to buy a bed for our oldest (he'll be 2 on tuesday)...I don't really see the point in a toddler bed, as you'll just have to buy a normal bed when he grows out of that one! Anyway, we are probably going to ikea to get this bed
    http://cebas.ikea.com.au/prod_templa...&Cat=3&Scat=11
    It has a trundle underneath, so you can pull it out so bubs can climb up using that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    awww i like the trundal idea good for sleep overs when his bigger

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks guys.
    where i live i have a toys r us but not an ikea.we have a babyco would that have some beds? coz we are going there next week to check out prams

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Ikea!!!

We bought my eldest (now 2) a todler bed from Ikea. At the time he was about 15 months old and it cost under $250.00. It is one of those beds that you can put both ends down to make the bed longer as he grows bigger. He will be in this bed until he is about 7 or 8. We are also going to get my youngest (11 months) one when he is around 15 months too. I think the bed is great. It is really low too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    ohhhhhh I LOVE IKEA!!!!

I can't wait to decorate my DD's bedroom with the fun Ikea furniture - my favorite is the reversible bunk bed (not too high) with mattress underneath so good for sleep over and can attach a slide to it... what fun!!
    Although the extendible beds are a fantastic idea too..... ahhh to be a child again!

My 100th post! yay!!!