+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Unhappy What to do, please help me.

we have 2 cats, one that is very old, and will be put down soon, as she is starting to go down hill, which we are devestated about, she is a perfect cat, no problems, and is an out door cat, most of the time, but still like to come in thru the day and lounge on the beds.
    She came into my life when she was 8 years old, and I have had her for about the same time again. we love her very much,

I also brought another cat, as my kids are alway getting bitten and scratched my the above cat, and I brought this kitten to grow up with them, and be more of an inside cat, due to new rules, and the amount of nasty cats in our neighbourhood at night.
    This has all worked out fine, this cat is now just over one, and lets my kids dress her up, she is so much part of our family,

However, she doesnt bother my 2 DDs in their beds, however always gets in the cot, even if my baby is in there, I tried putting netting over the cot to stop her, but she tore it and jumped in, so after many other trials and error, we have made her a more outside cat, until DD is out of her cot, and 1st she slept in our bathroom, but the girls let her out constantly,
    and she can get out from our garage, even though we set it up all nice for her, she gets out, climbs up our 2 storey home, and shreds our screens,

My DH wants to now get her a new home, as he feels we have tried everything, I cant think of anything else to try, but I dont want her to go to another home, but I dont want her in my babies cot either, and Im not finnished having kids, Im due again in 8 months, and have a 3 month old, so the cot will be up for a while.

Im just really looking for any suggestion to try, trying to find her another loving home is on the bottom of my list, and Im quite scared of that idea to be honest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    you could try putting a flyscreen door on the babies room with that strong mess that a cat cant shred up, that is the only suggestion I can really give you unfortunately, i am personally not a big fan of cats beiong outdoors at night, they fight and kill wildlife I think all cats shouldb ein at ngiht.

Thanks
    Reviews
    look I agree cats should be inside at night time, however, when it comes to killing wild life and fighting or smothering my baby, It wont be a hard decision,

I have thought of this, but my girls let her out of the bathroom, they will open the door, I have contacted a animal trainer, I may be clasping at strawers, but it will be worth it, im hoping. Thanks for your ideas though, I do appreciate it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You could make her a big cat run outside so she can't kill stuff... maybe attach it to a window somehow so you can let her inside during times when you are there to supervise?

Or get some of the tougher flyscreen for the cot? :/

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How come you can't shut baby's door to keep the cat out?

Is there a garage the cat can go in at night?

I remember reading something similar on here and another person said they put two balloons in the cot and apparently cats hate that.

Will let you know if I think of any other ideas. I am sure there are plenty of options to try before getting rid of your family pet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    www.catmax.com.au

Get a yard and you'll be set